inTank Media Baskets

Chris' CAD Lights 45g Shallow : Another Re-Scape (Video)

cnseekatz

Here's a shot showing the current configuration. It's a work in progress, but I like the idea so far:

06d3af77-d2bd-43d3-8552-fbf9bd435795_zps

Going through this re-cycle is annoying, but I assume it'll run it's course, just like the initial cycle.

that's a sweet looking top down shot

• Like 2

Glad to see you having some success with the redux :)

that's a sweet looking top down shot

Thanks guys. It's nice to have it up and running again.

I messed around with the scape a bit yesterday, and I like it better, but still not thrilled. I'm going to pick up a bit of chaeto tonight to go into the sump. Nutrient export is nice, but I'm more interested in importing whatever microfauna it might have on it. It's coming from a local guy who's got a beautiful setup, so I'm hoping to steal some pods, maybe some snail eggs, and who knows what else!

• Like 2
charnelhouse

Now they F'ing tell me... a day late and a dollar short:

Driver_mount_2-1024x725.png

?? is that what they're doing now instead of the velcro, or is that a purchasable option? I got mine 4 months ago with the velcro....

It's a new option. It's like $12 bucks. I didn't even think before I handed them my credit card. Velcro is just asking for disaster (see last couple pages of my thread!).

shut-up-and-take-my-money.jpg

• Like 4
charnelhouse

Ohhh yeah. I didn't even pick up on that nuance.

I have mine and the Orbit Marine controllers velcroed up above my back chambers. I don't think there is any way for them to fall into the tank if the peel away, but I am going to take a closer look at it this afternoon.

Ohhh yeah. I didn't even pick up on that nuance.

I have mine and the Orbit Marine controllers velcroed up above my back chambers. I don't think there is any way for them to fall into the tank if the peel away, but I am going to take a closer look at it this afternoon.

I didn't think so either, but it happened... cost me thousands.

charnelhouse

I didn't think so either, but it happened... cost me thousands.

Murphy is a bastard. Which is why I'm going to reassess my placement when I get home from work.

• Like 1

Now they F'ing tell me... a day late and a dollar short:

Holy crap...awesome! I'm ordering one!!!! My controller has just been sitting on the tank stand because the velcro wasn't working. I was trying to figure out how to mount it! This is perfect...I'm glad you posted about it :).
  • Like 2

Holy crap...awesome! I'm ordering one!!!! My controller has just been sitting on the tank stand because the velcro wasn't working. I was trying to figure out how to mount it! This is perfect...I'm glad you posted about it :).

Yeah! I just wish it had come out a couple months ago!

• Like 2

You have been able to get those holders as an after market option for a few years now (can't remember who makes them though). Ecotech released their own option with the release of the QD drivers. So much better than velcro.

You have been able to get those holders as an after market option for a few years now (can't remember who makes them though). Ecotech released their own option with the release of the QD drivers. So much better than velcro.

That top down!!! +1

Thanks! I've been tinkering with the layout, and will get some better pics when I find a configuration I like.

• Like 1

Latest FTS... Getting more comfortable with the 'scape. Picked up a few new corals, and they seem to be doing alright. I guess the rebuild is officially under way?

2279e17b-9c36-48a6-b6c6-d92528133902_zps

• Like 7

looking good Chris.

Thanks Kat! It's not quite right, but it's pretty close. Adding anything new feels good. Feels like going in the right direction... the first time in a while!

• Like 1