Coral Vue Hydros

Chris' CAD Lights 45g Shallow : Another Re-Scape (Video)

cnseekatz

The goodies!

1. Strawberry Lemonade

2. Jason Fox Yellow Jacket (Looks bright yellow in real life, with blood-red polyps)

3. Oregon Tort

5b6b0a29-ae90-4488-adf3-22a9d22d84e2_zps

Three pieces looking good, with nice PE today.

No card :lol: Good thing there it looked like there were a few things to tempt you......

Nice score on the three acros!

Oh yeah. There was a ton of really beautiful stuff I would love to have, but couldn't afford. I could have spent thousands at Jason Fox's booth alone!

• Like 4

Had a fun time at R.A.P. this morning. I brought some cash, spent it and then went home. I didn't pull out my credit card once. Good for me.

I'll upload some shots later!

When I went to RAP NY, I actually didn't buy ANYTHING. I saw lots of things I wanted to buy, but controlled myself shockingly ;) I think it is almost easier when there is so much stuff.

Three pieces looking good, with nice PE today.

Oh yeah. There was a ton of really beautiful stuff I would love to have, but couldn't afford. I could have spent thousands at Jason Fox's booth alone!

Nice!!! Love your choices. Beautiful, Chris!

I was there on Saturday, picked up a frag rack and a nice assortment of paly/zoa frags :)

Good show. My friend won a nice ATO reservoir that he is now using on his 320G tank.

MACNA should be exponentially better than RAP.

• Like 1

Anyone else feel that RAP kinda sucked this year? I was most excited for clam mania and this year he had the tiniest clams compared to the behemoths from last year.

Also gotta love the random names they give some stuff but hey it's a fancy name so it's $400 a frag. The new CAD sumps were kind of a disappointment. $600 for a sump without an adjustable skimmer height section is ludicrous. Advanced Acrylics was pretty much the only vendor with good show pricing. They had a sump setup with a separate gigantic refugium that looked better made than most tanks for an awesome price.

I was there on Saturday, picked up a frag rack and a nice assortment of paly/zoa frags :)

Good show. My friend won a nice ATO reservoir that he is now using on his 320G tank.

MACNA should be exponentially better than RAP.

MACNA is more manufacturer focused with a lot of seminars right?

MACNA is more manufacturer focused with a lot of seminars right?

Never been so can't really give an answer, but yes to a degree from what I understand (buddy I went up to RAP with had just been to MACNA). Still a lot of sellers though, and much bigger event overall.

Check out the exhibitors list:

https://macnaconference.org/2016/exhibitors-and-sponsors/exhibitors/

There are a ton of sellers there, many of which were at RAP this last weekend. Hell, RAP has a booth.. haha :)

• Like 1

RAP is a good show. Trouble is, you don't really get any good deals. It's more valuable for the wealth of product in one place. Plus it's nice to see some of the high end coral vendors there too (RR, WWC, etc.). I've never been to MACNA, so I really can't compare.

• Like 2

Never been so can't really give an answer, but yes to a degree from what I understand (buddy I went up to RAP with had just been to MACNA). Still a lot of sellers though, and much bigger event overall.

Check out the exhibitors list:

https://macnaconference.org/2016/exhibitors-and-sponsors/exhibitors/

There are a ton of sellers there, many of which were at RAP this last weekend. Hell, RAP has a booth.. haha :)

Ok so that list looks a million times better. There's a lot manufacturers there instead of mostly people who grow corals in their garage charging ridiculous prices.

One can buy a frag at a thousand places online. Most people don't get to see a GHL Mitras/Profilux or a Reef Savvy tank in person before they buy.

• Like 2

Potter's wrasse has started bullying the (smaller) Ornate wrasse. She's harassing her so much, that she's burying in the sand, and hasn't been able to come out to eat.

Anyone have any suggestions? I thought about removing the Potter's and putting her in my fuge for a while, maybe a week so that the Ornatus can come out to eat without being beaten up. Maybe that'll help reset the territorial dispute?

Try a mirror next to the tank? I've read about it for tang aggression, I sumped my sail fin last time I introduced a new fish as the bugger wouldn't leave it alone. The tang did seem to leave the new comer alone after 5 days out of the DT.

I've just added a new fish yesterday that the tang has again taken offence too. Put a mirror up and the tang has spent more time trying to bully itself than pick on the new comer. We'll see how long I have to leave the mirror out for.

Potter's wrasse has started bullying the (smaller) Ornate wrasse. She's harassing her so much, that she's burying in the sand, and hasn't been able to come out to eat.

Anyone have any suggestions? I thought about removing the Potter's and putting her in my fuge for a while, maybe a week so that the Ornatus can come out to eat without being beaten up. Maybe that'll help reset the territorial dispute?

Id suggest removing one as its not likely to stop and eventually the ornate will just die from stress...

• Like 1

Id suggest removing one as its not likely to stop and eventually the ornate will just die from stress...

I removed the Potter's and put her in my fuge. She was like a pig in slop down there with all the pods.

Unfortunately, it hasn't help. The Ornate has not come out of hiding for about 3-4 days. I'll give it another week, but I think she may already be dead.

I removed the Potter's and put her in my fuge. She was like a pig in slop down there with all the pods.

Unfortunately, it hasn't help. The Ornate has not come out of hiding for about 3-4 days. I'll give it another week, but I think she may already be dead.

Aww. Sorry to hear that, Chris.

Well give it some time he may still reappear ...they can hang out under the sand for quite some time. Problem is he's probably severely traumatized and won't come out until he starts to feel safe. Ive found a dither fish or adding live prey can help the reacclimation process.

• Like 1

Water was inexplicably cloudy this morning. I'm guessing that my leopard bit it sometime during the night. Sad times. Strange how quckly they went from getting along great to... well... not.

I guess I'll need to take size into consideration next time I decide to add a fish.

Have you found a body yet? maybe it's just a coincidence of some sort.... :/

With all the fish, snails, crabs (etc.) in that tank, I'd be really surprised to ever find a body...

Water was inexplicably cloudy this morning. I'm guessing that my leopard bit it sometime during the night. Sad times. Strange how quckly they went from getting along great to... well... not.

I guess I'll need to take size into consideration next time I decide to add a fish.

:( Sorry about that, Chris. Boo.

Might want to rake your sand bed some...

I searched every (exposed) square inch. I found a bunch of nassarius snails, and a very surprised fighting conch, but no fish. :(

I searched every (exposed) square inch. I found a bunch of nassarius snails, and a very surprised fighting conch, but no fish. :(

My fighting conch might be my favorite invert. They're so much fun.

Update:

I found my Ornate Leopard today. I went to the tank to feed it, and saw her lying on her side on the sand near the back of the tank. I thought she was dead, but upon closer inspection, she was still alive. Her gills were pumping very lightly. I scooped her up with a net, and placed her down in my fuge, which I'd prepared for a fish tenant. I made sure that there was plenty of sand, and put together a little live rock cave. There's a ton of macro algae in there, and the place is swarming with pods. She's mostly unresponsive, but she did make her way into the cave. Last I checked, she's still laying on her side on the sand, but she's still breathing.

I'm not too optimistic, as it's likely she's gone several days without eating, and she is pretty weak. If she does rally at all, there's plenty of delicious live food crawling all over the place in there. I'll let her rest in there as long as she needs. Based on her condition, I would be surprised if she survived the night, but stranger things have happened.

In happier news: My niece is the cutest friggin' thing in the world....

20151021_145758_zpszxkslffq.jpg

• Like 6