Coral Vue Hydros

Chris' CAD Lights 45g Shallow : Another Re-Scape (Video)

cnseekatz

The new leopard family. All getting along great! The Potter's is eating like a champ. Saw her taking pellets this morning!

The Ornatus is still pretty finicky when it comes to food, but she grabbed a few of the smaller frozen jumbo mysis I put in this morning, so I think she'll be okay.

I've got an order of live pods coming on Monday. I ordered a mix of copepods and amphipods. They had a buy 500 pods, get 500 for free, so I bought that. I'll drop most in the fuge to seed it, and a good amount into the tank after lights out. That should help with my new leap of leopards.

40a3f26f-299f-442e-b36b-7a5a4d9a844a_zps

• Like 4

Man those wrasses are sexy!

Not the first time I've been told I've got a sexy wrasse! ;)

Love those Leopards..... they are nice looking fish!

Thanks Spectra!

• Like 1

I can hardly wait till I get a bigger tank and can get some good fish......

My 20 is just not that good.....

You can have some cool fish in a 20. I wouldn't recommend a leopard wrasse, but there are some pretty awesome options for nano tanks.

You can have some cool fish in a 20. I wouldn't recommend a leopard wrasse, but there are some pretty awesome options for nano tanks.

Well I have seen a leopard wrasse in a fusion 20 :D I do have a real neat fish but it hides......and am not into clown fish.....

Am going bigger though as I have a Cad tank on the way.....

Well I have seen a leopard wrasse in a fusion 20 :D I do have a real neat fish but it hides......and am not into clown fish.....

Am going bigger though as I have a Cad tank on the way.....

Nice. I am a fan of CAD Lights tanks.

• Like 1

I :wub: the leopards! I can't wait to follow yours.

Nice. I am a fan of CAD Lights tanks.

I'm ordering the 68 Versa. Woo!!! consolidating tanks. I'm excited and glad to hear you love yours.

• Like 1

I'm ordering the 68 Versa. Woo!!! consolidating tanks. I'm excited and glad to hear you love yours.

What?! No way!! How exciting!

PS: Reef-A-Palooza is this weekend... I will be there, with bells on.

• Like 2

What?! No way!! How exciting!

PS: Reef-A-Palooza is this weekend... I will be there, with bells on.

There better be some new goodies to show us when you come back!!!!

awesome tank,looks like you're making a great comeback after the crash!

Thanks! It's been a tough journey, but I'm pretty happy with the progress. The girlfriend is finally complimenting the tank from time to time... progress!

The wrasse harem is doing really well. The newbies are on a good sleep-cycle now, and are pretty much out during daylight hours. They're all eating well. I am alternating between pellets and a mixture of frozen jumbo mysis, rotifers and baby brine. The blue star and the Potter's are eating everything, including the pellets. The Ornatus is now consistently eating the frozen food (which is great!) and has given the pellets a few casual glances, but hasn't tried them yet.

Having three leopard wrasses is interesting. Even though they're different species, they appear to learn from each other. They follow each other around and I'm convinced that the blue star's feeding habits influenced the Potter's, and then the Ornatus. I keep hearing how difficult it is to get these guys to successfully adjust to captivity, but I think that having a "mentor" fish might be the key.

I got an order of pods in the mail today. I deposited them all into my fuge, and hope that they start breeding down there. Right now, all I have in there are a couple small pieces of live rock, and a bunch of chateo and halymenia. I'm hoping that the pods will colonize and start spreading out into the display.

• Like 1

Love the harem!!!!! So you are going to RAP???? I wish I wasn't so lazy and made my plans to go LOL. Driving down there is a PITA.

Don't be lazy Gena... this only happens once a year! ;)

• Like 4

Had a fun time at R.A.P. this morning. I brought some cash, spent it and then went home. I didn't pull out my credit card once. Good for me.

I'll upload some shots later!

• Like 3

I also picked up a few wet dry goods.

20151010_134446_zpsvikey59t.jpg

This Pearlberry isn't from the show, but from a local guy. Bought it a couple weeks ago. It's starting to show some polyp extension and some purple tips.

aaa28e64-92e9-4934-be6c-acb6b07df4ea_zps

• Like 1

Had a fun time at R.A.P. this morning. I brought some cash, spent it and then went home. I didn't pull out my credit card once. Good for me.

I'll upload some shots later!

No card :lol: Good thing there it looked like there were a few things to tempt you......

Nice score on the three acros!