Coral Vue Hydros

Chris' CAD Lights 45g Shallow : Another Re-Scape (Video)

cnseekatz

Don't think I'm going to be adding too many new fancy frags anytime soon! :happy:

20150908_143849_zpsec9c05da.jpg

1973613_10153537095674221_66874266252154

cONGRATS, CHRIS!!!!

Flattered pal,but I'm off the market now... officially. ;)

omgomgomg

Luckily the bubble algae is pretty isolated, and easy to remove manually. But I guess I'll have to keep an eye on the Emeralds!

cONGRATS, CHRIS!!!!

omgomgomg

Thanks darlin'! I'm sorry, but I think that this may affect my "went to the fish store" stories!

• Like 4

Luckily the bubble algae is pretty isolated, and easy to remove manually. But I guess I'll have to keep an eye on the Emeralds!

Thanks darlin'! I'm sorry, but I think that this may affect my "went to the fish store" stories!

HA! That is ok and a really GOOD reason :) I DO miss those posts though for sure :)

Happy New Year's eve, Chris :)

Just added a second MP10 to the opposite side of the tank to help create more, random flow. I have it set on Reef Crest mode, but maxing out at just about 40%. I don't need a ton of power, but just something to supplement the other, and create more turmoil in there.

Tank's awfully cloudy at the moment, as is expected, but I'm excited to see how everything responds.

• Like 1

Quick and dirty tank video. The water is a little on the murky side because of the new MP10, but it's easier to get an idea of the layout and colors of the tank with a video than it is with photos!

• Like 4

Congrats on the engagement :D, tank is looking great also.

Thanks on both counts!

Hell yeah bro. Things are looking great in here. Happy New Year and congrats on the engagement!

Thank you. Happy New Year to you too!

That's a lotta ring bro, congrats!

Ball till ya fall!

• Like 2

Pink Lemonade (which I suspect might be SSC) is pretty much only encrusting, but colors are still looking sharp.

The frag on the left was sold to me as Miyagi Tort. I've had Miyagi Tort before, and the colors are completely different. He had it right up under 2 Radions, and everything in his tank was washed out. I'm hoping it'll color up in a more moderate lighting situation. It's clearly a Tort of some kind, but it'll be interesting to see what happens with the colors.

fabef2d7-41d5-4359-bed7-3e1ec67209e4_zps

• Like 3

74214242-8976-4ebb-9ead-3f9ca006afae_zps

A couple peps hanging around. By the way, these little a-holes have absolutely ZERO interest in the few aiptasia they were brought in to eat.

93a79e1d-ece0-4bbe-ae03-e650b09a5a7e_zps

0bdd7c97-ad5f-4602-979e-0ae48db37cf1_zps

• Like 5

I brought a new member of the family home today. She's currently residing in a critter keeper that I drilled a bunch of holes in. My hope is that the other leopards will get used to seeing her around, without being able to harass her.

I also placed a bit of macro and rock rubble from my fuge in there, to see if she'll pick some pods while she's in there.

Macropharyngodon choati

20160111_172022_zpsuufyw73h.jpg

20160111_172047_zps6ycai6mg.jpg

• Like 7

I brought a new member of the family home today. She's currently residing in a critter keeper that I drilled a bunch of holes in. My hope is that the other leopards will get used to seeing her around, without being able to harass her.

I also placed a bit of macro and rock rubble from my fuge in there, to see if she'll pick some pods while she's in there.

Macropharyngodon choati

I would put a piece of PVC in there, like a 1" elbow or something for her to hide in.

Edit: It's pretty BTW :)

I would put a piece of PVC in there, like a 1" elbow or something for her to hide in.

Edit: It's pretty BTW :)

I actually did that right after I took the photo. I had a 1.5" straight piece. She hasn't gone in it, but she's nuzzled up next to it.

wow, i love the new wrasse. these guys cost $$$ in the states.

Yeah, they're not cheap, but they're fairly rare. This is the first time I've seen one in person. The guy had 4, and was keeping three for himself.

Very nice looking wrasse, beautiful colour and pattern.

Thank you, I'm excited, and hope I can keep her alive and happy.

• Like 3

Macropharyngodon choati

Beautiful specimen chris....you sure are bold to try to keep her with other leopard wrasse. I hope they play nicely though.

Beautiful specimen chris....you sure are bold to try to keep her with other leopard wrasse. I hope they play nicely though.

I don't know if bold is the right word. I hope they get along too!

• Like 1