inTank Media Baskets

Chris' CAD Lights 45g Shallow : Another Re-Scape (Video)

cnseekatz

JF Yellow Jacket is encrusting, but not ready to sprout yet....

58506449-d1f6-4207-8bf9-b693a33cd605_zps

Ummmm.....WOW! PZ Gatorades :wub:. I've never seen or heard of that morph before! What does PZ stand for?

PZ = Planet Zoa; I assume you like the Blood Shots... they're the pink and turquoise ones. ;)

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:wub:

What are you dosing now?

Just Ca, Alk and Mg. I use Acro Power whenever I think about it.

• Like 1

PZ = Planet Zoa; I figured you'd like the Blood Shots!

Ok, I've heard of them :). Which are the Blood Shots? I like the ones on the round disc.....they are pink and green/turquoise :).

20160217_152706_zpsjesyl8cf.jpg

20160217_152744_zpsbfws4qu5.jpg

Bringing these guys to the new page. :happydance:

Ok, I've heard of them :). Which are the Blood Shots? I like the ones on the round disc.....they are pink and green/turquoise :).

Those are the Blood Shots. The ones on JF's website look like they MAY have been over-saturated a bit... I've never seen any quite that green... They've all been pretty turquoise.

Zoa-24-2.jpg?1407767504

• Like 1

Those are the Blood Shots. The ones on JF's website look like they MAY have been over-saturated a bit... I've never seen any quite that green... They've all been pretty turquoise.

Zoa-24-2.jpg?1407767504

So it IS the Blood Shots that I like :).

Last July, my mom got me a gift certificate to a fish store that she THOUGHT was one that I liked to go to. Unfortunately, it was to the wrong store. To put it simply, there isn't one fish, coral, snail or crab in that store that I would bring within 10 yards of my tank. I've had this gift card all this time, and have yet to find anything to use it for.

So I need to figure out how to spend $150 on dry goods, equipment, or something else. Based on the fact that my tank is pretty much set, nothing immediately comes to mind.

The only upgrade I can think of would be a controller like Apex, but $150 isn't going to make much of a dent in that system, so I'm at a loss. Maybe a doser with a fourth channel? I thought I might just pick up a nice nano-light, like an AI Prime, which I could use on a future build, or resell locally.

Any ideas?

Those blood shots are insane!!

Zoas are looking legit, sps are looking great as well. Nice color.

Thanks guys! Zoos have always done well in my tanks for some reason, probably because I'm a slacker when it comes to keeping my water sparkling clean. Arce, the SPS are my main focus at this point. It's nice to get a compliment from someone as accomplished as you!

WHAT?! your credibility just went down the drain...=P. jk

Frozen food, aminos, calcium, alk, carbon, etc?

That's not a bad idea. I feel like I want a big ticket item, but all that other stuff adds up over time. Good call!

• Like 2

Beautiful pics Chris everything looks great. How much are you dosing per day for the SPS?

Beautiful pics Chris everything looks great. How much are you dosing per day for the SPS?

Thank you sir. I would love to graduate into big-boy photography with a DSLR, but I'm in the research phase of camera buying. I don't have the budget for a nice, new setup, so I'm looking at older, used gear. I'm sure that I can get a lot of bang for my buck, but it there are a lot of different opinions out there, and it's a little daunting trying to get through it all! Until then, my cell phone does the job admirably.

Right now I'm dosing 20mL of Ca and Alk daily, and 5mL of Mg. I don't test parameters often, but when I do, they're usually right on target.

Thanks guys! Zoos have always done well in my tanks for some reason, probably because I'm a slacker when it comes to keeping my water sparkling clean. Arce, the SPS are my main focus at this point. It's nice to get a compliment from someone as accomplished as you!

Haha im not that accomplished :blush: . Thanks though.

Picked up a new stick yesterday. It's a highlighter green tort. I've never seen an all green tort before, but it's super bright, and looks amazing next to the super bright Oregon tort.

20160219_110802_zps84zizxfw.jpg

• Like 5

That's a cool looking tort! I'm looking forward to seeing it color up in your tank :)

Nice tort! The OT is looking good as well.

Thanks guys. I'm a fan of the torts. They grow super slowly, but they seem to really hardy, and have some pretty amazing colors.

• Like 2

I've got some pretty serious aiptasia going on in my refugium. They're spreading pretty quickly, and some are growing rather large.

From what I understand, they propogate much like a mushroom, by slowly wandering around, leaving little babies behind. So, do I need to worry about them spreading into my display, which has none (that I know of)? I tried putting a couple of peppermint shrimp down there, but they disappeared, and I have yet to find them. I know I can get Aiptasia X, or Joe's Juice or something like that, but I'm wondering if that's even necessary, given that they're in the center chamber of my sump, seemingly pretty isolated.

Thoughts?

I've got some pretty serious aiptasia going on in my refugium. They're spreading pretty quickly, and some are growing rather large.

From what I understand, they propogate much like a mushroom, by slowly wandering around, leaving little babies behind. So, do I need to worry about them spreading into my display, which has none (that I know of)? I tried putting a couple of peppermint shrimp down there, but they disappeared, and I have yet to find them. I know I can get Aiptasia X, or Joe's Juice or something like that, but I'm wondering if that's even necessary, given that they're in the center chamber of my sump, seemingly pretty isolated.

Thoughts?

Well, this is coming from someone going through a pretty good aiptasia infestation at the moment so keep that in mind. If they're in the sump, my feeling is they are going to make it up to your DT eventually. I would try to get them out of there. I've seen them swimming in my water column occasionally so they for sure can release their foot, float on over to your return pump and whoosh! Into the display they go. I could possibly be overreacting though :)