Top Shelf Aquatics

Chris' CAD Lights 45g Shallow : Another Re-Scape (Video)

cnseekatz

I mounted all of my electronics except the doser on the back of the stand, mp40 controller and ATO controller are on the side. I just was too nervous to mount them inside with all the humidity and after what you went through before with your mp10. Scared the crap out of me.

Turns out, the only thing damaged was the power supply (which melted). Ecotech wants $50 to replace, but I found an off-brand on Amazon for $25. Giving it a shot!

• Like 1

Great tank!

I'm enjoying looking your photos!

I just bought EcoTech Radion X30 PRO, it is still not mounted. Here in Europe we pay much more products from USA.

Can you tell me are you satisfied with your Radion?

Great tank!

I'm enjoying looking your photos!

I just bought EcoTech Radion X30 PRO, it is still not mounted. Here in Europe we pay much more products from USA.

Can you tell me are you satisfied with your Radion?

Thanks a lot. I'm glad you're following along. I love my Radion. It's got plenty of power, plenty of spread, and the customization of the color/spectrum is unmatched. Plus it's sleek and sexy looking. Couldn't be happier!

Love that weeping willow! I wish I could find one around here!

Stay tuned. Maybe in a few months I can hack a piece off for you!

• Like 1

The forgotten hammer. This guy is chillin at the back of the canyon, loving life!

20160322_211546_zpsifpicybn.jpg

A shot I liked with a couple torches, a couple nems, and some SPS. The pink bird's nest is really pretty, and showing some new growth nubs, but having some issues at the base.

20160322_211852_zpsnbknyfuv.jpg

Absolutely love this shot. No editing whatsoever.

eb2878ba-197a-47d8-b01f-ab57b645bbdc_zps

• Like 6

Glad to hear that near disaster wasn't any worse! I had my skimmer cup start overflowing and by the time I caught it, everything was coated in drops of water and salt creep. Luckily I didn't lose any equipment, but its definitely nerve wracking having electronics close to the skimmer. I'd love to have a separate end cabinet on my stand one day to hold all the electronics separately. The do make a cool mini float that goes in your skimmer cup and shuts it down if its about to overflow. I was thinking about investing in one of those. I'll go dig up the link.

http://www.soszaya.com/

https://reefbuilders.com/2016/01/13/sos-zaya-is-a-creative-skimmer-overflow-stopper/

• Like 1

Glad to hear that near disaster wasn't any worse! I had my skimmer cup start overflowing and by the time I caught it, everything was coated in drops of water and salt creep. Luckily I didn't lose any equipment, but its definitely nerve wracking having electronics close to the skimmer. I'd love to have a separate end cabinet on my stand one day to hold all the electronics separately. The do make a cool mini float that goes in your skimmer cup and shuts it down if its about to overflow. I was thinking about investing in one of those. I'll go dig up the link.

http://www.soszaya.com/

https://reefbuilders.com/2016/01/13/sos-zaya-is-a-creative-skimmer-overflow-stopper/

Thanks for the tip. I suppose that would solve the problem, assuming I can find a float switch that could fit inside my collection cup.

• Like 2

So... does anyone else have recurring dreams about fish tanks?

I totally have one that I revisit every once in a while. It involves me finding a tank that I set up a LONG time ago, and then basically forgot about. I find it, and everything is still alive somehow, without having lights, or having been fed. I'm amazed, but feel horribly guilty.

Is that weird? Do I need to take a step back from this hobby?

• Like 3

I totally have one that I revisit every once in a while. It involves me finding a tank that I set up a LONG time ago, and then basically forgot about. I find it, and everything is still alive somehow, without having lights, or having been fed. I'm amazed, but feel horribly guilty.

Sooo a nightmare about a bastard tank that you set up...yea i thibk its time to step back a bit....send all of your livestock to me..ok thanks!

• Like 1

Thanks for the tip. I suppose that would solve the problem, assuming I can find a float switch that could fit inside my collection cup.

Well I think its some sort of tiny sensor and not really a traditional float switch for that product. They have a video showing it in a skimmer cup and its actually really small.

Borrowed a PAR meter from my LFS and took some measurements. No real surprises, but nice to know!

This is with one Radion XR30W Pro, with wide angle lenses, set to a max (system) intensity of 85%.

(Click the photo for an easier to read size!)

FTS%20PAR_zpsuut1eieb.jpg

• Like 7

That sounds like a dream I would have LOL. And you have that horribly sick feeling in your stomach that you neglected something. Yep...I've had similar dreams :).
  • Like 1

That sounds like a dream I would have LOL. And you have that horribly sick feeling in your stomach that you neglected something. Yep...I've had similar dreams :).

At least I'm not the only one!

• Like 1

I went to pop that Anacropora off the plug and broke it into three pieces! One big piece, one medium piece and one little guy. I went ahead and glued them into three different areas in my tank. I guess we'll see what happens!

• Like 1

I keep seeing ads for the new Galaxy S7, and they want to tempt me to replace my S6. I really love the camera on this phone. The new camera has fewer megapixels (8mp vs. 12mp), but is tuned for quicker focusing, and better low-light shots. The software is pretty much the same, but with a few more manual adjustments. Decisions decisions.

20160331_211709_zps8oohjf4n.jpg

The Queen in her domicile:

20160331_204155_zpsrevrvfka.jpg

20160331_204340_zps9e8xj6w3.jpg

The avid hunter!

20160331_211546_zpss6rrsasz.jpg

Working out:

20160331_204535_zpsixtfqlrc.jpg

20160331_205926_zps7lcrr393.jpg

• Like 4

Battling some SPS bleaching, and random dinoflagellates. Need to do some chemistry, but I'm already researching UV Sterilizers to fight the dinos.

Went to the fish store for some water today, and came home with this little guy. Bullseye Snapping Shrimp (Alpheus soror).

He looks a lot like a mantis, and sounds like one too (hence the "snapping" shrimp), but he's actually a pistol. He's a beautiful shrimp, and from what I've read, this particular species doesn't partner with gobies, like other pistols do. They're perfectly content to be solo, which is good, because I don't have any gobies!

I also bought a used UV Sterilizer off a local board. It's the Coralife Turbo Twist x3. It's an inline sterilizer, that I plan on setting up with it's own powerhead, and will just recirculate in the sump for a few days. I want it to help control some minor dinoflagellate issues, but don't intend to run it full-time after that. I prefer my water to be a little dirty! ;) They're normally pretty expensive, but I grabbed this guy for $25, and had a powerhead lying around... so how could I lose?

20160406_162756_zpsky4okdx1.jpg

• Like 2