Innovative Marine Aquariums

Plainrt's shallow 80 deep blue rimless mixed reef

plainrt

Love the lionfish. How long have you had him?

I don't have super strong flow, but my lions seems to struggle a bit in the higher flow area of the tanks. They really love it when I turn off all the flow for feeding time.

• Like 1

Had it week or so now. Always wanted one and seeing yours pushed me more towards getting one ;) lfs had 3 in and this one was there over month and eats everything so thought why not. Yeah everyday I turn off pumps for feeding and seems to be little more active. Always comes to same spot for food now when pumps off.

• Like 3

Had it week or so now. Always wanted one and seeing yours pushed me more towards getting one ;) lfs had 3 in and this one was there over month and eats everything so thought why not. Yeah everyday I turn off pumps for feeding and seems to be little more active. Always comes to same spot for food now when pumps off.

Dude every time I stop in the tank is just more of a beast! Lionfish are way cool. I really wanna add a fancy gumdrop coral croucher to my tank,if I wasn't at 5 fish already

• Like 1
jedimasterben

I really wanna add a fancy gumdrop coral croucher to my tank,if I wasn't at 5 fish already

Why can't you? They're like the size of the end of your thumb and don't get any bigger :lol:

• Like 2

Why can't you? They're like the size of the end of your thumb and don't get any bigger :lol:

I could but the pygmy is a real beeotch lol don't want her picking on it or them if I can find a pair. I've stated before I'd honestly be ok with my size tank only having the clowns :) I like species specific tanks,granted clowns can live in salty toilet water :P

• Like 1
jedimasterben

I could but the pygmy is a real beeotch lol don't want her picking on it or them if I can find a pair. I've stated before I'd honestly be ok with my size tank only having the clowns :) I like species specific tanks,granted clowns can live in salty toilet water :P

What's the fun in having just clownfish? :P

I can't wait til my fish are out of QT and back in the tank. I'm going to look for another pygmy hawkfish, those things are so damned cool. A little cryptic, but I actually like cryptic fish, you don't see them for a few days, then they make an appearance and you get all happy :lol:

• Like 3

What's the fun in having just clownfish? :P

I can't wait til my fish are out of QT and back in the tank. I'm going to look for another pygmy hawkfish, those things are so damned cool. A little cryptic, but I actually like cryptic fish, you don't see them for a few days, then they make an appearance and you get all happy :lol:

Sounds like my child hood :P

Yea you're right it's more fun with fish. I just like to keep the fish waste low I guess or try to rather. Although, my sixline wrasse is my boy, he takes care of business like no other,I hardly ever see "extra" critters lol even at night with the flash light

• Like 2

Awesome! I thought it must be new because I hadn't noticed it in earlier photos. Looks healthy and beautiful. Its a dwarf fuzzy right? Definitely a nice lion! I'm loving seeing lots of people get lions lately! The lions are pretty smart and figure out feeding routines quickly. Mine know that they get fed every other day, so they start begging a while before their normal feeding time on feeding days. They also know that as soon as I turn off the return pump it means food is coming and they all come out in the open. Then they beeline for the feeding tongs that I use to feed.

• Like 2

Yeah dwarf fuzzy it is. ;) I like that they act like dogs begging for treats. My clowns still wanna pick on it though. They might learn not to be pricks the hard way.

• Like 2

How are those RFA babies doing??

Still can count about 30 of them on any given day. Finding them all over tank now away from parents. The ones getting out in more light growing faster but these things still grow dang slow. Can't wait to see them get bigger and how many end up with. Or even better hope they spawn some more. :)

• Like 1

Love the new photos! You're getting some awesome growth in there!

Yeah, hopefully your clowns will leave the lionfish alone before they learn the hard way. Luckily my clowns completely ignore the lions and vice versa. I think it helps that my clowns have a giant blow of anemones, so as long as other fish stay out of their anemones, they just do not care.

• Like 1

It's a slimer? Mighty thick branch there. Supposed to be gangly

slimer.JPG

There few different types of slimmer. It started out thin branches and has become more thick.