SaltCritters.com

Plainrt's shallow 80 deep blue rimless mixed reef

plainrt

HarryPotter

LEDs aren't the issue, Radions are. Let's put shitty UV, deep red, cold white, and green on a fixture because we're ####### stupid!

Exactly. But t5ho/LED hybrids are the best, by far.

There's so many amazing tanks using Radions, I think to declare them as "shitty" is simply a unsupported subjective opinion.

I like the idea of hybrids as well :)

There's so many amazing tanks using Radions, I think to declare them as "shitty" is simply a unsupported subjective opinion.

I like the idea of hybrids as well :)

For their price, they aren't good, I only said the "UV" leds were shiity, not the entire fixture. They just ####ed it up so bad when they could've made it so much better.

• Like 2
HarryPotter

For their price, they aren't good, I only said the "UV" leds were shiity, not the entire fixture. They just ####ed it up so bad when they could've made it so much better.

Ohhhh I thought you meant the entire fixture.

I do think they are just about the nicest Fixture in the market though, perhaps tied with the NanoBoc quad

• Like 1
jedimasterben

Stupid question:

I know what wavelength is and everything, but how does one know what wavelength is best? Have there been real research with trials? (Not hypothetical)

A wavelength is just one point on that line, there is no 'best' wavelength. Growth can happen with any wavelength in the spectrum (as even though blue light has significantly more energy per photon, for photosynthesis, all photons are equal), and every color of every individual coral can need a different set of wavelengths to excite those colors and make them express. Dana Riddle has a very long series of articles on Advanced Aquarist about different colors and what it takes to keep them that way.

The gist of it is that you want a lot of blue to keep some pigments expressing and for fluorescent colors, but you also need green, amber, and red to keep non-fluorescent colors.

I know your witchcraft... but what commercial fixture uses these?

Nanobox is still the only one, unfortunately. Maxspect fixtures use similar warm whites, but not quite as high quality.

One day this crap will look better :(

909F07F6-CE7A-478C-B044-F1A4F2D18201_zps

And some my babies

7CA7B78D-94DB-45F9-8B8C-C94E714F502D_zps

I don't see how this can look better - it looks freaking awesome now! And :wub: RFA babies!!!!! How many RFAs (regular size) do you have in your tank?

• Like 1

Thanks i only had 4 adult ones to start. Curious to see how many end up with after these ones grow out. These things might make me upgrade to larger tank for room for them. I'll try and look up that sand and get back to you later today. It was a mix of two types though.

• Like 2

Thanks i only had 4 adult ones to start. Curious to see how many end up with after these ones grow out. These things might make me upgrade to larger tank for room for them. I'll try and look up that sand and get back to you later today. It was a mix of two types though.

Got your message! Thank you!!! I can't wait to see how many you end up with too - and that is an awesome reason to upgrade.

• Like 1

So today I went to Autocross my other favorite hobby. Had some great runs but on my fastest run I had bit of a scare @ 1.10 or so in the vid :).

• Like 2
HarryPotter

So today I went to Autocross my other favorite hobby. Had some great runs but on my fastest run I had bit of a scare @ 1.10 or so in the vid :).

http://youtu.be/MT8JDeSzKZ

Awesome! I've always wanted to try that, but it's freaking expensive to go on a track! (Even if you provide your own vehicle)

• 2 weeks later...
HarryPotter

Thanks.Yeah they growing like crazy now. I'd like to find another 2-3 nice ones ;)

Man if you're ever fragging.... I can hook you up with a clam

;)

Steensj2004

Mixed reefs ftw.

B1DAC1A4-D1C6-449A-B3CA-ED92D9E16941_zps

Woah, one day maybe I can have a tank that sa-weeeeeet!

BTW, Hide yo SPS, and hide yo zoas, cause Ima come steal that blue/purple ( digi?) and those rastas!

• Like 2

I never shipped any livestock. I have bad luck with shipping just hard goods lol. I'll keep in mind. Stupid Blenny are my last clam but he is gone now ;)

Lol. The purple/ blue one is stylophora

HarryPotter

I never shipped any livestock. I have bad luck with shipping just hard goods lol. I'll keep in mind. Stupid Blenny are my last clam but he is gone now ;)

Lol. The purple/ blue one is stylophora

HA! Zoas are easy! LawnMan uses 2 day shipping :o

Just in a bag with a bit of water and off to USPS ;)

Mixed reefs ftw.

B1DAC1A4-D1C6-449A-B3CA-ED92D9E16941_zps

Looks great. You post this and someone points out the little polyp pests? :D Acro looks good, need more pictures!

• Like 3

My first born flower nem..... Well I should say first one I found in tank

D122C2D5-DF59-4B42-8CC1-8B66BBCE48BF_zps

And mr fugly was out for a cruise tonight

B9F6997D-04C2-43D9-9A87-D8B1B8566E60_zps

• Like 7