SaltCritters.com

Plainrt's shallow 80 deep blue rimless mixed reef

plainrt

In regards to the elegance, how the heck does it not sting all the other corals within reach? it seems like everything is happily getting along.

• Like 2
HarryPotter

In regards to the elegance, how the heck does it not sting all the other corals within reach? it seems like everything is happily getting along.

I know.... What is this sorcery.

Is it the sorcery of TOTM's future?

Wow! Awesome!

Beautiful, but what the f*** was that music?!?!?!:lol:

Love the video! Hey, what's that pinkish fish that comes out at the end? Kinda looks like a hawkfish.

Love it man. You take requests :)? Close up video would make my weekend. Anyone else waiting for the water to spill over the edge :lol:?

I was lol

Thanks people. Lol the music I always click on any dumb YouTube music just to cover background noise. The fish talking about must be my long nose hawkish. Love that thing. As for the water going over the top lol. My two pumps are too powerful even on low settings in other modes so best way I have found to balance out flow with my corals is to run in wave mode. The elegance has stung some sps but nothing major. It doesn't seem to bother zoas and palys much at all. I have had corals that wouldn't think would sting bad take out more stuff. And having the back and forth movement on it helps it not touch things for too long lol. Everything is happy. I think I only lost 2 corals in this tank. One wasn't healthy when bought it. I'm happy with how it's going overall

• Like 5

I love the long nose hawkfish,but too similar in color and shape as my six line and ruby red,don't want issues lol. They are awesome fish the Hawks are.

• Like 1

Here is vid from 5 months ago and today. Some stuff didn't do much more than encrust and grow little and others did pretty well. I'd say 90 percent of corals were in this first vid with only adding very little after and moving some things around. Oh and some sps has been broken over and over lol

5 months ago

Now

• Like 10

I love the long nose hawkfish,but too similar in color and shape as my six line and ruby red,don't want issues lol. They are awesome fish the Hawks are.

I think long nose Hawks are really safe compared to other Hawks as long as don't have tiny fish or slow moving fish like smaller mandarins etc. I had one in past and think it ate my yellow assessor. When watched that one at night it would dive bomb all my fish but not harm them. This one was tiny baby when got it and has been great fish.

• Like 2

I think long nose Hawks are really safe compared to other Hawks as long as don't have tiny fish or slow moving fish like smaller mandarins etc. I had one in past and think it ate my yellow assessor. When watched that one at night it would dive bomb all my fish but not harm them. This one was tiny baby when got it and has been great fish.

I don't have a mandarin, I do however have a ruby red dragonet :)

• Like 2

I'm not happy with some of sps growth but working on that now. But overall happy. The first 6 months of this tank was the biggest pita with algae issues from hell. I just kept some softies for that time so to see where it has gone after all the startup issues feels good lol. I can't wait to see it grow another 6 months :)

• Like 2

I'm not happy with some of sps growth but working on that now. But overall happy. The first 6 months of this tank was the biggest pita with algae issues from hell. I just kept some softies for that time so to see where it has gone after all the startup issues feels good lol. I can't wait to see it grow another 6 months :)

6 months seems to be the magic number. I can't wait to get to that point :). You should be very happy with this tank!
  • Like 2

I don't have a mandarin, I do however have a ruby red dragonet :)

Yeah that I'm not sure I'd trust with full grown hawk. I wouldn't chance something like that even though I like some risk as can see with my fish stocking.

• Like 1

Yeah that I'm not sure I'd trust with full grown hawk. I wouldn't chance something like that even though I like some risk as can see with my fish stocking.

I do enjoy your fish selections. That's another thing this site is good for staving off purchasing things you shouldn't by looking at other threads;)

• Like 2

My fish selection prob isn't seen as perfect by many.All fish deserve better homes. Where might that be? The ocean I say lol.

• Like 2

My fish selection prob isn't seen as perfect by many.All fish deserve better homes. Where might that be? The ocean I say lol.

Things I easily agree with. Honestly I try not to really get involved with those kinds of dealies with people cause everyone has different options& opinions so by default there will never be a straight up yes or no,some people can make things work that others cant. I can't grow mushroom coral for some reason lol

• Like 2

Here is vid from 5 months ago and today. Some stuff didn't do much more than encrust and grow little and others did pretty well. I'd say 90 percent of corals were in this first vid with only adding very little after and moving some things around. Oh and some sps has been broken over and over lol

5 months ago

Now

Absolutely Outstanding man....the growth is just ridiculous. Are you dosing for alk/ca?

• Like 3

Absolutely Outstanding man....the growth is just ridiculous. Are you dosing for alk/ca?

Thanks. Running eshopps doser using brs 2 part. :)

• Like 1
HarryPotter

Thanks. Running eshopps doser using brs 2 part. :)

How long have your waves been like that?

Im wondering if the extreme surface agitation might have contributed to your growth somehow- through oxygenation or other means

• Like 2

Pretty much since started tank. ;). Would be much easier if wasn't mixed tank. If was just sps I'd really crank the flow up

• Like 1

Pretty much since started tank. ;). Would be much easier if wasn't mixed tank. If was just sps I'd really crank the flow up

IDK that you could do that and keep your floors dry!

• Like 2

5 months ago

Now

That growth is nucking futs for 6 months!

I remember talking to you about your return when you set this up :lol: wasn't you running a MJ utility with 1200 gph or something lol?