Pod Your Reef

Plainrt's shallow 80 deep blue rimless mixed reef

plainrt

What par are your acans in? I have to dig up what mine are at in my tanks black book lol. I couldn't be happier with how acans are doing. Oh except for my rainbow one I have from my old totm breeder setup. Some reason I can't get color out on it. Prob needs less light or something as I tried everything else.

• Like 1

What par are your acans in? I have to dig up what mine are at in my tanks black book lol. I couldn't be happier with how acans are doing. Oh except for my rainbow one I have from my old totm breeder setup. Some reason I can't get color out on it. Prob needs less light or something as I tried everything else.

Sandbed in front is 250 - 280 PAR.

Sandbed in front is 250 - 280 PAR.

I'm at around 220 for my acans. I'd love to have them in lower light also.Like 150 or so like I had them in past tank.

• Like 1

I'm running 2 blue + and 2 coral +. It's very crisp white with hint of blue IMO. Some of my pics here are when ramping down at night etc so you will see some differences in color when I post pics. Did I ever mention I love this dimmable t5 setup even though so many say it's not worth extra money and kills bulbs faster.

I love my ####ing dimmable ATI I don't give 2 shits if it kills bulbs faster.
  • Like 4

Hell yeah. Gotta pay to play in this hobby. Who cares if spend couple bucks year more on bulbs. That's last of my worries.

• Like 3

I'm at around 220 for my acans. I'd love to have them in lower light also.Like 150 or so like I had them in past tank.

Good to know, maybe I can drop mine by 50 or so.

• Like 1
HarryPotter

Stupid LEDs. They only cool when hanging out with t5s..........

:wub: Triton Aquatics Hybrid :wub:

24" 2x24w T5 with a center mount for the Radion. SO SEXY!

:wub: Triton Aquatics Hybrid :wub:

24" 2x24w T5 with a center mount for the Radion. SO SEXY!

That's too many LEDs at the party though IMO ;)

• Like 1
HarryPotter

That's too many LEDs at the party though IMO ;)

Local theres is an ATI Sunpower 6x24w that would be freaking perfect for this tank for $300 in "like new" condition with new ATI bulbs. SO F****** tempting but I don't have the $$.

Would that be enough T5? :lol:

• Like 1

So my biggest acan colony is from my original frag of this one back in 09 but I can't get these damn colors out of it....... You can see on one head that color wants to come out lol. Rainbow acans pita bastards

6DF6FA56-D3FF-4D92-9BCE-E3CC9C317997_zps

912D88B7-4BE7-4C89-88C0-D1F0ACA571A5_zps

• Like 3

Hell, for all I know I have a rainbow. Sometimes they are red, sometimes red and white, sometimes dead.

Lmao too funny. When my old breeder crashed over 5 years ago I could never bring myself to try acans again till this tank. My first acan again was frag from local of this rainbow I sold him back in day. It's great to pass on corals to locals and be able to get things back like this years later :)

• Like 2

Lmao too funny. When my old breeder crashed over 5 years ago I could never bring myself to try acans again till this tank. My first acan again was frag from local of this rainbow I sold him back in day. It's great to pass on corals to locals and be able to get things back like this years later :)

Yea, that's a great thing. I haven't found anyone local I can rely on, the market here is too small and too fragmented.

Do you feed the acans or just the tank?

Yeah that would suck. I have pretty decent local club. I spot feed my lps 1-2 times a week limpits reef frozen food. I feed the tank frozen every other day or so and mix of dry like 2 times a day.

• Like 1

I love my ####### dimmable ATI I don't give 2 shits if it kills bulbs faster.

Hell yeah. Gotta pay to play in this hobby. Who cares if spend couple bucks year more on bulbs. That's last of my worries.

Dimming your bulbs doesn't shorten the life of the bulbs. That may have been true in some of their earlier fixtures (issues with the ballast) but if you run the bulbs at 100% for at least 40 hours before dimming they run the intended life cycle.In fact in their newest fixtures (ATI LED Powermodule) there is no need to run the bulbs at 100% before dimming which I confirmed with ATI. Additionally I measured PAR during the time I ran the fixture and there was no noticeable drop in PAR due to dimming.

• Like 2

Dimming your bulbs doesn't shorten the life of the bulbs. That may have been true in some of their earlier fixtures (issues with the ballast) but if you run the bulbs at 100% for at least 40 hours before dimming they run the intended life cycle.In fact in their newest fixtures (ATI LED Powermodule) there is no need to run the bulbs at 100% before dimming which I confirmed with ATI. Additionally I measured PAR during the time I ran the fixture and there was no noticeable drop in PAR due to dimming.

Exactly. I do the break in time with my bulbs. Lol I thought was 100 hours. Maybe I'm thinking something else. Lol well I do mine 100. I haven't noticed any issue with bulb life. I still change them out at 9-12 months or so. IMO they seem to hold up longer than my tek fixtures in past. I just love seeing people on forums bashing the dimmable because of bulb life. I love real data vs I heard it on Internet so it's gotta be true.

• Like 1

Acan colors can be so finicky, Im lost as to what the sweet spot is for them. The next light I make will definitely have dimmable T5 though, "its the future" lol

• Like 1

Lol I'm pretty sure if lower light on it I will see improvement. Maybe I will move it today and see what happens. I have one spot I think might work.

• Like 1
jedimasterben

According to Sylvania, the manufacturer of ATI lamps, dimming is NOT recommended and does significantly shorten phosphor lifespan. ATI, KZ, etc can say all they want about how it doesn't affect the phosphor life, but they do not manufacture the lamps.

• Like 1

Local theres is an ATI Sunpower 6x24w that would be freaking perfect for this tank for $300 in "like new" condition with new ATI bulbs. SO F****** tempting but I don't have the $$.

Would that be enough T5? :lol:

I light my 36x24x12 with that fixture but mine is dimmable.

According to Sylvania, the manufacturer of ATI lamps, dimming is NOT recommended and does significantly shorten phosphor lifespan. ATI, KZ, etc can say all they want about how it doesn't affect the phosphor life, but they do not manufacture the lamps.

Butiliketodimmybulbs

C3887563-E67E-4FFE-815E-DB08484F9AFC_zps7F774110-A9B7-4821-B8B6-CB48DF7F7CB4_zps

What camera do you use for your pics?
  • Like 1