Coral Vue Hydros

Plainrt's shallow 80 deep blue rimless mixed reef

plainrt

Yeah I think lighting and flow determine the growth pattern with slimers. I know my slimer colony in my 30 gallon was really gangly and tall. Gena got a frag from me and grew it out into a nice mini colony, which I got when she down-sized her tank. That mini colony has a much more dense/thick growth structure, even though its the same exact strain of slimer. I'm interested to see what the new growth structure is like in my current tank.

• Like 3

Yeah I think lighting and flow determine the growth pattern with slimers. I know my slimer colony in my 30 gallon was really gangly and tall. Gena got a frag from me and grew it out into a nice mini colony, which I got when she down-sized her tank. That mini colony has a much more dense/thick growth structure, even though its the same exact strain of slimer. I'm interested to see what the new growth structure is like in my current tank.

Most of the thick growth was when it was at the top on the monticap and probably getting hit with more flow. When I moved it away from the monticap and down to the sand it started getting more branchy. Just FYI :). Not sure what it means but could be lighting or flow. I'm guessing flow.

And Plainrt, this tank is far from boring :flower:

• Like 3

HOLY CR**! SO MANY RFA BABIES! THATS INSANE!!!!

Those were actually the exact same words that came out of my mouth. Then I scrolled down and saw your post, Harry. LOL

Here I am, happy with the 1 RFA baby I have... At least it is up to dime size now!

• Like 4
HarryPotter

Those were actually the exact same words that came out of my mouth. Then I scrolled down and saw your post, Harry. LOL

Here I am, happy with the 1 RFA baby I have... At least it is up to dime size now!

Haha great minds think alike!

Im happy that my two green RFAs (Green ones are like $9; reds are too expensive :( ) are doing well :)

• Like 1

I'll see what I can do. I had colony but recently sold them and only kept few heads and now they are in bad location to get pic but I'll try. :)

• Like 1

I'll see what I can do. I had colony but recently sold them and only kept few heads and now they are in bad location to get pic but I'll try. :)

I'll take even a "bad" photo :).

Looks pretty plain to me...

Just beautiful mixed reef, really top notch. Do you ever fear your ruby dragonette might get stuck in a RFA? Also, What bulb combo do you use?

• Like 2

Looks pretty plain to me...

Just beautiful mixed reef, really top notch. Do you ever fear your ruby dragonette might get stuck in a RFA? Also, What bulb combo do you use?

Thanks. I don't have a dragonette. I had mandarin for bit from a friends tank break down till found it a good home. I was never worried about flower nems. Was more worried about my long nose hawk picking on it someday. If I had maxi nems than I would worry about fish. I had them eat healthy fish in past in front of my eyes. Maybe saw different fish in pics. My current fish are my clown pair, long nose hawk, yellow coris wrasse and the fuzzy dwarf lionfish.

Oh, i was confused from post #310, someone else stating they had a ruby.

I am considering RFA group for my tank, but was worried about my gobies and dragonettes possibly getting caught in them. The last one I owned many years ago (avatar pic), was very sticky, and I had even lost a couple shrimp to it.

What bulb combo are you using on that ATI unit? I recently added an ATI actinic to my set up in place of a coral+ to cut back on par, also raised the fixture 8", and corals are looking the best ive seen.

• Like 1

I'm running 2 blue + and 2 coral +. It's very crisp white with hint of blue IMO. Some of my pics here are when ramping down at night etc so you will see some differences in color when I post pics. Did I ever mention I love this dimmable t5 setup even though so many say it's not worth extra money and kills bulbs faster.

• Like 2

I'm running 2 blue + and 2 coral +. It's very crisp white with hint of blue IMO. Some of my pics here are when ramping down at night etc so you will see some differences in color when I post pics. Did I ever mention I love this dimmable t5 setup even though so many say it's not worth extra money and kills bulbs faster.

Yep, a few times. :D

I love the way your Acans reach for the light, the 4 bulb seems to be perfect on this tank. I'm attempting to dim down the front of my tank so my Acans stand a chance, even at depth they are getting killed with light. You would think deeper would do better in this case but something on the front sandbed is getting blasted by all 6 bulbs.

• Like 1