Innovative Marine Aquariums

Plainrt's shallow 80 deep blue rimless mixed reef

plainrt

Steensj2004

I think long nose Hawks are really safe compared to other Hawks as long as don't have tiny fish or slow moving fish like smaller mandarins etc. I had one in past and think it ate my yellow assessor. When watched that one at night it would dive bomb all my fish but not harm them. This one was tiny baby when got it and has been great fish.

I loved my longnose Hawk, he murdered my blood Shrimp the day after I got it, then committed suicide out of guilt by going carpet surfing.... All before I came home from work. :(

I actually have considered ditching the clowns and getting another one, since the damn clowns wont host my BTA :angry:

• Like 1

Such a beautiful tank! I'm glad I found this thread.

Thanks I'm glad you found it also :)

IDK that you could do that and keep your floors dry!

Lol l spend a lot of time playing with flow In this tank. I get asked all the time if clean the powerheads. I do but hate to because pumps are really moving water after.

I loved my longnose Hawk, he murdered my blood Shrimp the day after I got it, then committed suicide out of guilt by going carpet surfing.... All before I came home from work. :(

I actually have considered ditching the clowns and getting another one, since the damn clowns wont host my BTA :angry:

That sucks. I think I have two peppermint shrimp hiding in my tank yet. Gotta watch for them someday seeing that I have 3 fish that are known to eat shrimp.

I found your Youtube channel J :).

Nothing good on there lol......... Oh yeah I remember talking pumps also. I'm still running the mj1800 or whatever it was.

• Like 1

Lol that nothing to see. Just a basic 20 gal high sump I made with vertex omega 130. I run chaeto in fuge section with par38 lighting it. It's dirty under there and will not show it lol. Function over form down in my stand lol

• Like 2

I'll look that up guy. Just another lame day of work lol.

I've seen him in concert,it was quite a show (Xavier Rudd that is)

Why's work lame,what do you do?

• Like 1

Look at that fishy! :wub:

Thing loves to just hang out lol

I've seen him in concert,it was quite a show (Xavier Rudd that is)

Why's work lame,what do you do?

Just dead end machine operator lol

Love that fish!!! Always wanted one, he do ok?

I also always wanted one but wasn't sure about. Since my clowns beat up every new fish I pulled the trigger. It seems to do ok but flow seems be just a little much. It will explore tank some when pumps full blast but when turn down it seems happier. I hope as grows it becomes little stronger swimmer

• Like 1
My tiny reef

Your tank is so inspiring. Is seems every inch is covered in color and movement, and everything looks so healthy and vibrant. I need your secret!!

• Like 1

Your tank is so inspiring. Is seems every inch is covered in color and movement, and everything looks so healthy and vibrant. I need your secret!!

Thanks. Lol someone on local forum said and asked same thing today. Photoshop jk. Just stick with what you know works. That's my secret

• Like 3

Lol I keeping having to break that red one up so doesn't take over.

Gotta love hated dimmable t5s. Good night from the reef

E27527D8-8B29-41BC-83F1-176BF2B3E7DE_zps

• Like 6