Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Plainrt's shallow 80 deep blue rimless mixed reef

plainrt

How do you keep that dark red color?!?!?!?!

Mg, Ca, kH are fine. I'm hating on my Radion today, but I doubt that's the issue

T5s ftw lol....... Some red/orange montis have better color IMO. I have a true red one not orange version. Other than that my tank is super super stable with alk and cal so that prob help. I just gotta find nutrient sweet spot now lol.

HarryPotter

Leds are always the issue :)

Good think I'm going to be a Beta Tester for the Triton Aquatics Hybrid Fixture! It is a 24" fixture that has 2 T5's, and a center mount for the radion. How amazing is that?!?!

I'm going to get it before Macna, supposedly within a month

HarryPotter

To beta test I'd expect them to test over mature tank to compare changes etc. not sure I like the company already lol.

Its more of a review of the fixture itself than the effects. Materials, workmanship, potential issues, wiring, etc. Not of the actual T5s and Radion- those are already commercial

• Like 1

Its more of a review of the fixture itself than the effects. Materials, workmanship, potential issues, wiring, etc. Not of the actual T5s and Radion- those are already commercial

Easy ... Not enough T5, too much LED. Review done. :D

• Like 3
HarryPotter

Easy ... Not enough T5, too much LED. Review done. :D

Haha perfect!

Lol I think the 2x ATI HO Blue+ will help out with shadowing and growth, no?

Ive had a ton of growth in this tank, I'm just not happy with the coloration and shadowing on the edges

Haha perfect!

Lol I think the 2x ATI HO Blue+ will help out with shadowing and growth, no?

Ive had a ton of growth in this tank, I'm just not happy with the coloration and shadowing on the edges

2 Coral+ IMO, but yes, it should, but will still have shadowing issues. Bulb color is a personal thing. :D

• Like 3

Starting to find nems in random spots now away from the parents. Think these do great job of showing how small they are even though they have grown some.

Orange one in shell first spawn. Green one by zoas 2nd spawn

8C2274FB-2735-4A2D-9FC1-E82954E5899A_zps

2B473B72-5DFC-4DA6-9774-54828FD5B821_zps

• Like 9
NorthGaHillbilly

2 Coral+ IMO, but yes, it should, but will still have shadowing issues. Bulb color is a personal thing. :D

T5s are superior for "white" light IMO, and LEDs... Well they have blues covered

Starting to find nems in random spots now away from the parents. Think these do great job of showing how small they are even though they have grown some.

Orange one in shell first spawn. Green one by zoas 2nd spawn

8C2274FB-2735-4A2D-9FC1-E82954E5899A_zps

2B473B72-5DFC-4DA6-9774-54828FD5B821_zps

Its awesome youve got the RFAs spawning SUCCESSFULLY, your my hero... seriously tho... my hero

• Like 3

T5s are superior for "white" light IMO, and LEDs... Well they have blues covered

Its awesome youve got the RFAs spawning SUCCESSFULLY, your my hero... seriously tho... my hero

Get in line Greg he was my hero back in 09 :).
  • Like 4

Lmao the good old days........ Now my tank only gets love from you guys. Makes me wonder at times if I gots some bad taste in what I do In this hobby. Hell Harry's tank gets more love.

• Like 1
HarryPotter

Lmao the good old days........ Now my tank only gets love from you guys. Makes me wonder at times if I gots some bad taste in what I do In this hobby. Hell Harry's tank gets more love.

That's just because I'm fabulous omgomgomg

You're tank is amazing dude- 20x better and more developed than my pile of frags with a few clams,

It's incredible that your RFAs are spawning as well- shows your dedication and the tanks stability overall

It's not "love" as much as off topic meandering... Like pages of chatting of clams or talking about CenCalFishGuy needs to redo his scape. Does not reflect (obviously) on the tanks

Edit:

Don't get me wrong I love meandering and tank talk- "hyper"!

• Like 1

Thanks guy ;) lol I just like to add to your post count. Man that number cruising up :)

Ps your tank doing pretty dang good for being newer setup. ;)

• Like 1
jedimasterben

You've been using the wrong white LEDs, then :D Isn't a T5 lamp around that gives anything as broad as this:

rebel%252520es%2525202700k%25252095cri.p

:)

• Like 2
HarryPotter

You've been using the wrong white LEDs, then :D Isn't a T5 lamp around that gives anything as broad as this:

rebel%2520es%25202700k%25.png

Stupid question:

I know what wavelength is and everything, but how does one know what wavelength is best? Have there been real research with trials? (Not hypothetical)

Leds are always the issue :)

LEDs aren't the issue, Radions are. Let's put shitty UV, deep red, cold white, and green on a fixture because we're ####ing stupid!

Exactly. But t5ho/LED hybrids are the best, by far.

NorthGaHillbilly

I know your witchcraft... but what commercial fixture uses these?