ReefCleaners.org

Plainrt's shallow 80 deep blue rimless mixed reef

plainrt

That elegance looks amazing. I got one about a year ago and it never once opened up after going in the tank. Obviously, you are better at them than I.

This is the 2nd one I have tried in the years that been in this hobby.The first one went pretty much way yours did and I gave it away. They tend to be pretty sensitive to changing tanks etc. I love the things and being a stick tank I need some lps flow ;)

Picked it up tonight. 180.00. What a steal! Only negative is I wish the overflow was on opposite side, oh well. Now trying to plan out rest of the equipment. I was worried about the depth, but it isn't nearly as shallow as I thought. I love the tank. What size return pump you using plainrt? How tall is your stand(distance from pump to return)? Did you have to dial it back?

Also trying to hash out lights...... You running a 24 inch or 36 inch fixture? Thought about a 24" 6 bulb ATI Sunpower, unsure if it would cover though...

• Like 1

Picked it up tonight. 180.00. What a steal! Only negative is I wish the overflow was on opposite side, oh well. Now trying to plan out rest of the equipment. I was worried about the depth, but it isn't nearly as shallow as I thought. I love the tank. What size return pump you using plainrt? How tall is your stand(distance from pump to return)? Did you have to dial it back?

Also trying to hash out lights...... You running a 24 inch or 36 inch fixture? Thought about a 24" 6 bulb ATI Sunpower, unsure if it would cover though...

I'm using 475gph return. I had bigger 800gph one but I couldn't dial down overflow noise. I'm not sure what they are rated to handle. I really think the 24 inch would be a great choice. Many people run that without issue. What's plan for your tank stocking wise? Oh my stand is 32 tall. Wish it was few inches taller though for viewing standing. But way my tank is setup I have a chair next to that I can sit all day and stare at.

And that was a sweet price on tank.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Thanks guy. I got frag with 4 heads early November and have over 30 full size heads now. Not sure if that's good or not lol.

That's amazing growth and really amazing for rastas over 6 polyps a month. You still have that sweet pink chalice?

I sold the huge pink chalice when all my stuff was going to hell so I wouldn't kill it. I picked up a new frag of it though like a month ago though and it's growing well

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

My little acan garden doing well but like everything else in my tank hard to balance flow for sps and lps lol.Hope to find more acans next weekend when my local club takes bustrip to stores in Chicago ;)

9B9C44D5-D635-4C7C-90BC-BE614B3BBE23_zps

• Like 4

I guess because I only saw the Rastas and tubs lol

Just made me look up name of that other one by Rastas. They are vivid stingers. Very bright blue/purple in person like the pic. Lol thanks for making me look up name. I hate names and tend to forget them fast.