ReefCleaners.org

Plainrt's shallow 80 deep blue rimless mixed reef

plainrt

Thanks much. I also don't know how I missed your recent tank. I remember following your tank in past. I do think it's bit of challenge with flow in my tank being shallow and packed with sps but that's the fun part lol.When I did the tonga rock work I knew I had to make spots to block flow for the lps I love and it seems to work pretty decent.

• Like 2

Flow with a mix of SPS and LPS is always a challenge. You did a great job with the rockwork. I'm still working on getting a good balance of everything in my tank so that I can do a true mixed reef. I want some nice SPS, plenty of LPS, and some softies. Not an easy balance, so I'm always impressed when people pull that off.

• Like 2

Ok so lately some of my purple sps been browning out some and growth in my tank has been ok but not fast as I'd like.I haven't really had reason to test phos or trates Since my algae issues but tested today over and over today. Results below. I guess I'm not sure where to start. Could it be its too low nutrients ? Lighting or ? running ati 4x39w t5s two of my bulbs are 6 months other two less so they should be ok yet. Photo period is about 8 hours. I feed daily plenty of food and spot feed lps 1-2 times weekly.I have skimmer rated for like 3 times my system.oh I have been doing water changes of 15% or so every month. Maybe I'm not replacing some elements that doing wc more often replaces. I'm gonna start doing every 2weeks as I should. One other thing I notice though on the purple sps is that new growth is normal bright purple but old is more brown. Lower light stuff also seems be better color so maybe too much light? I don't know anymore. Do I feed more? Do I feed less? Too much or too little light? Should I run gfo or should I just say I suck at this hobby lol?

Alk 7.0-8.0. Api. Drops from 8 to 7 time to time as demand is always going up in my tank.

Cal 400-440. Api everytime test

Mag 1400-1500

Phos 0 Hanna

Trates 0 or slightly over but think 0

Sk8n Reefer

Ok so lately some of my purple sps been browning out some and growth in my tank has been ok but not fast as I'd like.I haven't really had reason to test phos or trates Since my algae issues but tested today over and over today. Results below. I guess I'm not sure where to start. Could it be its too low nutrients ? Lighting or ? running ati 4x39w t5s two of my bulbs are 6 months other two less so they should be ok yet. Photo period is about 8 hours. I feed daily plenty of food and spot feed lps 1-2 times weekly.I have skimmer rated for like 3 times my system.oh I have been doing water changes of 15% or so every month. Maybe I'm not replacing some elements that doing wc more often replaces. I'm gonna start doing every 2weeks as I should. One other thing I notice though on the purple sps is that new growth is normal bright purple but old is more brown. Lower light stuff also seems be better color so maybe too much light? I don't know anymore. Do I feed more? Do I feed less? Too much or too little light? Should I run gfo or should I just say I suck at this hobby lol?

Alk 7.0-8.0. Api. Drops from 8 to 7 time to time as demand is always going up in my tank.

Cal 400-440. Api everytime test

Mag 1400-1500

Phos 0 Hanna

Trates 0 or slightly over but think 0

What's your w/c scheduled- maybe another water parameter is lacking?? My Hanna phos meter also would read zero but I would see some increase in algae. How's your algae growth. I am partial to feeding more- but keep the GFO handy?
  • Like 1

What's your w/c scheduled- maybe another water parameter is lacking?? My Hanna phos meter also would read zero but I would see some increase in algae. How's your algae growth. I am partial to feeding more- but keep the GFO handy

Was doing wc every month or so lol. Thinking something is lacking as you said. I did wc last weekend and gonna do another right now. I think I have seen little improvement since last wc already.

I am in love with your tank!!!!!!!! :)

The Deep Blue 34 is beautiful, and with a price tag of $175 you can't beat it!

Thanks guy. I paid 230 and thought that was good price back than.

• Like 1
HarryPotter

Was doing wc every month or so lol. Thinking something is lacking as you said. I did wc last weekend and gonna do another right now. I think I have seen little improvement since last wc already.

Thanks guy. I paid 230 and thought that was good price back than.

No problem Guy. :P

Might be 230- I haven't checked but remember somewhere in that range.

HarryPotter

Lmao. I have seen people pay less than I did. I would have paid 300 as I believe they are bargin priced.

I wish I could get one and have a second tank, pero los padres dijeron que no, por ahora. Que terrible- donde puedo poner mis almejas para vender?!?!?!

Steensj2004

One day this crap will look better :(

909F07F6-CE7A-478C-B044-F1A4F2D18201_zps

And some my babies

7CA7B78D-94DB-45F9-8B8C-C94E714F502D_zps

Been playing some Barry Manilow next to your tank lately, huh? All kinds of sexy time going on in there!

• Like 4

How in the world do you keep phosphate at 0? /cry

Tank looks really fantastic, I'm very very jealous of the SPS colors.

Maybe the Hanna off .04 or whatever lol. I did many test though cause thought for sure was wrong. I don't know IMO I feed a ton. I need to get some more fish but I don't know what to get. I have some purple sps that isn't 100% color wise so your not only one with not perfect colors. I also believe this vertex skimmer is little too large for my tank so really keeps nutrients low

• Like 2
Nanofreak79

Been playing some Barry Manilow next to your tank lately, huh? All kinds of sexy time going on in there!

Damn son, winning!

• Like 1
Nanofreak79

One day this crap will look better :(909F07F6-CE7A-478C-B044-F1A4F2D18201_zpsAnd some my babies7CA7B78D-94DB-45F9-8B8C-C94E714F502D_zps

Gorgeous tank, lots of colors, your eye doesn't catch just one area, the whole tank is just awesome nice job.

• Like 1

Thanks much. Yeah I'm special about coral placement and not having just one focus point. I think of it as art. I love the montis Harry but don't have much room so I'm always breaking the red one as you can see if look at pics as time goes by.As said above I don't like having one thing stand out. By fragging the red one all the time it's giving my green and purple one time to catch up and have room yet

HarryPotter

Thanks much. Yeah I'm special about coral placement and not having just one focus point. I think of it as art. I love the montis Harry but don't have much room so I'm always breaking the red one as you can see if look at pics as time goes by.As said above I don't like having one thing stand out. By fragging the red one all the time it's giving my green and purple one time to catch up and have room yet

How do you keep that dark red color?!?!?!?!

Mg, Ca, kH are fine. I'm hating on my Radion today, but I doubt that's the issue

How do you keep that dark red color?!?!?!?!

Mg, Ca, kH are fine. I'm hating on my Radion today, but I doubt that's the issue

Leds are always the issue :)
  • Like 2