Coral Vue Hydros

Plainrt's shallow 80 deep blue rimless mixed reef

plainrt

What substrate are you using?

Mostly this is what you see. It was mix of this and some fine sand which is on bottom.

640DCA7F-7E86-4FEC-9CB3-BFF0C04ADA0B_zps

• Like 3

Yeah minus stupid purple sand :(

I like the purple sand. You need to appreciate your awesome ####ing tank more :).

Is that a Elegance? Any close up pictures if it is?

• Like 4

Gorgeous tank! Looks like you have a little bit of everything in there and it's all so colorful! Have any pectina? I've been looking into a rainbow pectina but read they can be aggressive. Just trying to get firsthand experience from someone that has it. I figured you might :).

So today I went to Autocross my other favorite hobby. Had some great runs but on my fastest run I had bit of a scare @ 1.10 or so in the vid :).

Awesome! But what was the scare?
  • Like 1
charnelhouse

Gorgeous tank! Looks like you have a little bit of everything in there and it's all so colorful! Have any pectina? I've been looking into a rainbow pectina but read they can be aggressive. Just trying to get firsthand experience from someone that has it. I figured you might :).

Awesome! But what was the scare?

Looks to me like he got airborne for a second there...

• Like 1

Gorgeous tank! Looks like you have a little bit of everything in there and it's all so colorful! Have any pectina? I've been looking into a rainbow pectina but read they can be aggressive. Just trying to get firsthand experience from someone that has it. I figured you might :).Awesome! But what was the scare?

I had a space invader pectins at one point but sold it when started this tank and was having issues with stability. I want another as really like them. It had sweepers out often but I feel it's like most corals. Just give it right amount of room. The scare was when car went up on 2 wheels at nearly 45 deg angle. Vid doesn't show it well but if watch head movement and listen when car comes down you get better idea of impact when touched back down. Everytime in that corner I get both pass side wheels foot or more off ground and it just feels like it's floating. This time was scary as could feel tired on drivers side rolling over from how high it was. If watch this vid of same track at 1.30 you get better idea. Mine was much higher and didn't land back down flat part of track.

• Like 1

I had a space invader pectins at one point but sold it when started this tank and was having issues with stability. I want another as really like them. It had sweepers out often but I feel it's like most corals. Just give it right amount of room. The scare was when car went up on 2 wheels at nearly 45 deg angle. Vid doesn't show it well but if watch head movement and listen when car comes down you get better idea of impact when touched back down. Everytime in that corner I get both pass side wheels foot or more off ground and it just feels like it's floating. This time was scary as could feel tired on drivers side rolling over from how high it was. If watch this vid of same track at 1.30 you get better idea. Mine was much higher and didn't land back down flat part of track.

http://youtu.be/nzFj8PA2EUk

Probably in my 20g I couldn't provide it with enough space then :(.

I see in that video what you're talking about now :scarry:.

• Like 2

Love it man. You take requests :)? Close up video would make my weekend. Anyone else waiting for the water to spill over the edge :lol:?

YES to the closeup! I love love love this tank. And yeah, the wave action is serious! I was thinking there was going to be some spillage.

• Like 1