SaltCritters.com

Plainrt's shallow 80 deep blue rimless mixed reef

plainrt

It's the ass end of a Stomatella snail :lol: when I pulled it off the rock that stayed on it. I have actually done it a few times. It's freaky because it still moves.

• Like 3

It's the ass end of a Stomatella snail :lol: when I pulled it off the rock that stayed on it. I have actually done it a few times. It's freaky because it still moves.

Damn. I have done that many many times myself :(

I'm at around 220 for my acans. I'd love to have them in lower light also.Like 150 or so like I had them in past tank.

I switched my light cycle to do 4 bulbs for 8 hours and the 2 extra bulbs for 4 hours in the middle of the cycle. With just 4 bulbs 200 PAR on the sandbed (27" deep tank). :D These ATI fixtures are beasts, and the 60" bulbs help a lot as well.

• Like 3

I switched my light cycle to do 4 bulbs for 8 hours and the 2 extra bulbs for 4 hours in the middle of the cycle. With just 4 bulbs 200 PAR on the sandbed (27" deep tank). :D These ATI fixtures are beasts, and the 60" bulbs help a lot as well.

Wow. that's very impressive at that depth.

• Like 1

On another note last night I was looking over tank with lights out and what did I see lol. My two small peppermint shrimp. I have had these some time now and added big cleaner shrimp like 2 weeks ago. Who said you can't have shrimp with dwarf lion, longnose hawk and yellow coris wrasse......... Knock on wood. I'm guessing my fish aren't hungry though as feed like crazy.

• Like 2

eeoww

okay that was clever. Stomatella ass.

• Like 1

Love how camouflaged the dwarf lion is in that photo! That's awesome to hear that all your shrimp are still alive! I definitely think my lions would be too lazy to catch much live food at this point. They're so used to me hand feeding them from the tongs and I keep them nice an stuffed.

• Like 1

How high above the tank?

• Like 1

How high above the tank?

I had to get up out of my chair and measure. Sheesh. :P

8" from the bottom of the fixture to the glass lids and another 2" from the lids to the waterline. 6 bulb fixture over a tank that's 18" front to back, so the fixture just a tad thinner than the tank.

• Like 3

I had to get up out of my chair and measure. Sheesh. :P

8" from the bottom of the fixture to the glass lids and another 2" from the lids to the waterline. 6 bulb fixture over a tank that's 18" front to back, so the fixture just a tad thinner than the tank.

My halides are sitting I think 11" off the surface at the bottom of the reflector, the bulb about 14". If I retrofit into my canopy the T5's would probably sit about 14". I need to pull the plug on the halides and either do the readyfits w/AI 26s or just eat ramen for a month and get the ATI powermodule.

• Like 2
jedimasterben

My halides are sitting I think 11" off the surface at the bottom of the reflector, the bulb about 14". If I retrofit into my canopy the T5's would probably sit about 14". I need to pull the plug on the halides and either do the readyfits w/AI 26s or just eat ramen for a month and get the ATI powermodule.

Or buy a sunpower and mod the shit out of it yourself :)

• Like 1