Top Shelf Aquatics

Kat's Ol' Max

metrokat

Deleted User 4
:lol: Thanks!! I love the acans you have, why are you always selling your shi-it?! too pretty to keep eh?

lolol Thanks!

Umm decided to go a different route with bubble tip anemones only haha.

Love your new clam too!

Deleted User 4
I have two babeh clams now. very cute.

Hmm went through your whole thread real quick. It seemed you had more than 2 clams?

Not sure, but including the new squamosa plus the two baby clams (one teal green and the other with white spots). Love maximas.

Do you still have the black sun coral by any chance? I really love that piece of yours. The most I've seen were always all black but yours had yellow/black tentacles.

Hmm went through your whole thread real quick. It seemed you had more than 2 clams?

Not sure, but including the new squamosa plus the two baby clams (one teal green and the other with white spots). Love maximas.

Do you still have the black sun coral by any chance? I really love that piece of yours. The most I've seen were always all black but yours had yellow/black tentacles.

I've baby sat some clams fro Zeph, the clam god AKA the clam napper. In order of appearance

Bunny the Gold Maxima - lives with Zeph

Ebony the black Maxima - Lives with Zeph

Emerald the babeh Maxima - lives with me

Lily, the ORA squamosa that lived for a week. :(

The new babeh turquoise clam, has not been named yet.

So I have 2 clams yeah. the ORA squamosa was really one of a kind, I know all of them are, but she really was beautiful and I don't like squamosas in general.

The sun coral lives with Brian (Serenity Reef) in Dallas now. They're cool.

Edited by metrokat
I've baby sat some clams fro Zeph, the clam god AKA the clam napper. In order of appearance

Bunny the Gold Maxima - lives with Zeph

Ebony the black Maxima - Lives with Zeph

Emerald the babeh Maxima - lives with me

Lily, the ORA squamosa that lived for a week. :(

The new babeh turquoise clam, has not been named yet.

So I have 2 clams yeah. the ORA squamosa was really one of a kind, I know all of them are, but she really was beautiful and I don't like squamosas in general.

The sun coral lives with Brian (Serenity Reef) in Dallas now. They're cool.

You got another turquoise one ? So you should be bored with the first one in about a week. I will make room in my tank.

You got another turquoise one ? So you should be bored with the first one in about a week. I will make room in my tank.

You just want my clams!

lolol I see, those two baby clams are very nice :)

Love teal and emerald colors.

Ohh so you sold it to serenity?

Uh huh. He's a buddy even though we have never met. But it's being planned, Veng, his wife Tailes, Serenity and his GF Audrey and I we are going to hit a LFS in Dallas one of these days. And I don't mean rob it. :huh:

But it's being planned, Veng, his wife Tailes, Serenity and his GF Audrey and I we are going to hit a LFS in Dallas one of these days. And I don't mean rob it. :huh:

The great reef heist, I want the movie rights. :)

:wub:

IMG_0285.JPG

IMG_20121216_160918.jpg

Upskirt picture of the day. Frilly limpet.

IMG_0290.JPG

The great reef heist, I want the movie rights. :)

I'll have my people contact your people. I can just picture myself getting carted off to pet jail for trying to pass through security checkpoints at the airport with a bag full of clams.

I'll have my people contact your people. I can just picture myself getting carted off to pet jail for trying to pass through security checkpoints at the airport with a bag full of clams.

You know... I don't know that there is a limit to the number of 3 oz stuff to go through security. I have a co-worker that routinely takes a case of energy drinks through carry on.

Uh huh. He's a buddy even though we have never met. But it's being planned, Veng, his wife Tailes, Serenity and his GF Audrey and I we are going to hit a LFS in Dallas one of these days. And I don't mean rob it. :huh:

We'll have to pic just one LFS though, and how do you chose?

The places that I'd actually recommend if we can only see 1:

Dallas North Aquarium - Nice and fairly clean, one of the best selections of empty tanks, friendly staff.

Fish Gallery - Again, nice selection fo stuff, decently large. Fairly clean.

Mid Cities Aquariums - It's smaller shop space than the two above, but probably similiar volume of corals. It has perhaps the biggest display tank in the area, I dunno, 500+ gallons? It's enormous. Can be pricey depending on what you want.

Places that I wouldn't recommend if you're only seeing one:

Exotic Aquatics - I think this is the most expensive pricing in town by far. You'd think they'd have the cleanest tanks because of it, but they don't. They might clean the glass, but every type of nuisance algae known to man is in those tanks and on thier frags. They've had a few frags I'd consider paying thier stupid prices for, but not when it comes with free nuisance algae.

Aquatic Design - It's a smaller shop, decent amount of stuff here when it comes to coral variety, but the tanks aren't that clean of nuisance algae. Cleaner than Exotic and cheaper, but that's not saying much.

Neptune's Cove - They've got a lot of tanks, and a good selection. Hit or miss on prices, but the place scares me. They always seem to have dead fish in thier tanks and stuff that doesn't look great. The owner is probably bi-polar and will either be really nice, or a complete ass depending on the day.

Plano Pet's - They had great prices and a small selection. However, they moved to a new location and don't have saltwater set back up yet. I think that's suppose to be up and running in another month or so.

Saltwater Paradise - It's just a tiny shop. Have some neat stuff from time to time, but no selection.

Reef Remedies - Again, tiny shop. Very friendly and nice staff, but not enough selection.

Shi-it. It's not going to fit under the tree.

IMG_20121217_163501.jpg

Oh come on, I've seen your tank and I know your much better at tetris than this. Just flip it down and slide it right on under! Or just put the tree on top of it afterwards :lol:

Edited by Veng
Oh come on, I've seen your tank and I know your much better at tetris than this. Just flip it down and slide it right on under!

I can't even flip the dam 100lb package! I'll open it set up my bike, then I'll stuff myself and the cat in it for Christmas morning and scare my niece and nephew. That is a plan.

I can't even flip the dam 100lb package! I'll open it set up my bike, then I'll stuff myself and the cat in it for Christmas morning and scare my niece and nephew. That is a plan.

LOL I love it and great plan *unless* they do what I've been known to do: get up at 2am for Christmas. B)

LOL I love it and great plan *unless* they do what I've been known to do: get up at 2am for Christmas. B)

I'm pretty sure a pissed cat coming out of a box at 2 in the morning would scare the crap outta them. :lol: