Cultivated Reef

Kat's Ol' Max

metrokat

Well why don't you just send those SPS my way? :lol:

I like to avoid intervening in the battles that rage in my tank... unless it's to add a new competitor, of course.

LiveAquaria says their sea hares eat Caulerpa. Do we believe them? I need help cleaning my mangrove/chaeto fuge of all that is not mangrove/chaeto.

Kalk ftw.

I'm not convinced but I cannot argue with my own data. So I might have to reluctantly agree with you.

They have a taste for SPS. I don't think you want them.

They eat SPS. :angry:

I have 6 sexies right now, the SPS are fine.

LiveAquaria says their sea hares eat Caulerpa. Do we believe them? I need help cleaning my mangrove/chaeto fuge of all that is not mangrove/chaeto.

Oh. Have I not visited yet? Sorry. As for the sea hare, I would love to borrow him and try him out before he gets all fat eating your ####.

Pretty clam!! And you can never have too many sexies. And they're way easier to care for than fish.

Stupid fish. Grr.

The clam IS pretty, I've never seen anything this crazy turquoise! what is your beef with the fish?

The clam IS pretty, I've never seen anything this crazy turquoise! what is your beef with the fish?

One of my new Neon Gobies managed to squeeze his way out of my tank and onto the carpet when I wasn't home, and the one that's left still isn't very interested in eating even after I've purchased three types of pellets for her. And even if she does start eating, she's going to be alone forever since her boyfriend is gone. :tears:

Isn't that considered impolite to ask? :P

No, but asking how often it's fed is.

:rolleyes:

It's about the same size as the other one, bout an inch, maybe a hair over.

I'm going to get a side by side picture in a few days when the new one has attached.

Where do you find these things? I have trouble finding them smaller than 2 1/2" and you find them smaller than pallies

Oh. Have I not visited yet? Sorry. As for the sea hare, I would love to borrow him and try him out before he gets all fat eating your ####.

My tank is still dirty, so that must mean Kat didn't come while I was away...

Why would you want a sea hare? It would mow through all your beloved macro in hours, if not minutes. No exaggeration. All of it. Don't you remember my tank when it was full of foot long hair algae that was entirely mowed down in a few days?

Le Petite Fuge was looking sweet this AM. Time to trim the macros!

IMG_0283.JPG

I re-arranged a little bit which usually happens when I yank out the caulerpa.

My tank is still dirty, so that must mean Kat didn't come while I was away...

Why would you want a sea hare? It would mow through all your beloved macro in hours, if not minutes. No exaggeration. All of it. Don't you remember my tank when it was full of foot long hair algae that was entirely mowed down in a few days?

I wouldn't put him in the fuge, I have some gelidium and caulerpa serrulata in the display that needs a mower. I bought an emerald crab this week who likes to hang out in the birdsnest pretending to be an acro crab. Idiot.

One of my new Neon Gobies managed to squeeze his way out of my tank and onto the carpet when I wasn't home, and the one that's left still isn't very interested in eating even after I've purchased three types of pellets for her. And even if she does start eating, she's going to be alone forever since her boyfriend is gone. :tears:

Aww, they can still pair up, but it can be a hit or miss. My neons were hanging out together at the LFS but when I brought them home (not sold to me as a pair BTW), they hated each other. The agressive on wouldn't let the timid one out in the open so one of them was starving. It took adding more fish to the tank for them to come together as a team. I guess the threat of other fish did it.

Where do you find these things? I have trouble finding them smaller than 2 1/2" and you find them smaller than pallies

My LFS have them, and I put my name and what I want on a list with them, whenever they are expecting a shipment if it has stuff I want they call me.

kaBAM! That was awesome. Definitely just snorted and almost woke up the wife.

lol

jedimasterben
Le Petite Fuge was looking sweet this AM. Time to trim the macros!

IMG_0283.JPG

I re-arranged a little bit which usually happens when I yank out the caulerpa.

We'll trade the sexies and porcelains for macros. Lots of macros. kthx

But in the meantime, I don't have much I can do with the sexies. They can't be in the display because they're dicks and they can't be in the sump because of 'sump thing' (kinda like swamp thing, but a bit smashier).

Aww, they can still pair up, but it can be a hit or miss. My neons were hanging out together at the LFS but when I brought them home (not sold to me as a pair BTW), they hated each other. The agressive on wouldn't let the timid one out in the open so one of them was starving. It took adding more fish to the tank for them to come together as a team. I guess the threat of other fish did it.

Neon gobies aren't hermaphroditic, so it does make it difficult to pair them. Two males will kill each other, and two females will put as much distance between each other as possible. This is true even in big tanks.

I'm trying to get a pair of these from ORA:

hybridgoby_lg.jpg

Looks awesome what is it?

Oh and Kat, that fuge is obscene

edit: hybrid cleaner goby, yep awesome

Edited by Jessy-Ray
jedimasterben
Looks awesome what is it?

Oh and Kat, that fuge is obscene

edit: hybrid cleaner goby, yep awesome

Coolest part is that they actually get even bigger than the normal neon gobies!

So this is in my fuge now:

Macros

Red Titan

Red Grape

Flame Algae

Violet dreams

Halimenia

Halimeda

Blue Ochtodes

Ulva

C. Verticillata

C. Serrulata

Corals

Red zoanthids

Green Zoanthids

Green Kenya Tree

Green Sinularia

Orange mushrooms

Pink Spot Mushrooms

Blue stripe mushrooms

Blue metallic mushrooms

Green marble mushroom

Neon green mushrooms

Turquoise spot mushrooms

Purple gorgonian

Ivory Gorgonian

GSP

Pulsing Xenia

Inverts

Red snapping shrimp

Various bi-valves

Various snails

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Your sump puts lots of people's displays to shame. I think I've decided you can no longer call it a sump, but your "bio-filtration display tank".

How much to get you to ship one or two of these 1" clams to TX, maybe some of your macros too?

:blush:

That was cool!

Oh and your fuge is crazy beautiful, kinda what I'd like to do............

Thanks. LiveAquaria amazes me.

Macro displays have that wild look right? Does not look contrived, no careful placement or anything. Your fuge will look amazing with all the space in that cube.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Your sump puts lots of people's displays to shame. I think I've decided you can no longer call it a sump, but your "bio-filtration display tank".

How much to get you to ship one or two of these 1" clams to TX, maybe some of your macros too?

Thanks. Piggy calls it the Under DT DT. B)

Oh boy! I'll keep an eye out for the little maximas and ping you accordingly.

:bowdown: dat fuge

awww, thanks

Need these in my life. kthx

uh huh