Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Kat's Ol' Max

metrokat

I could be wrong Veng, but I believe both my statement and example were the same, and your first solution is the correct answer to the question.

Here is a diagram I made to show the question in a bit more detail:

osc_diagram.png

As you can see more clearly in the diagram above, dosing occurs once every twenty minutes, for one minute - starting at the 10 minute mark. The times in my diagram match with my example and the first OSC solution you provided. I believe it all matches with my statement, unless I wrote it confusingly. :lol:

Nope, you are 100% right, for some reason I was in 100% pure blood idiot mode last night. There wasn't anything confusing except for me being dumb, :lol: How did I manage to not screw up the second one after I did it to the first?

Results 12 hours later

ALK: 7.3 Calcium 425

so both are rising again.

Did I miss the magnesium test?

From what I understand low alk can be caused by fuzzy sticks using it more than calcium or low magnesium causing a slow conversion of alk and calcium into sand (precipitating out of the water).

I've been seeing the ups and down with Alk too, prior to losing most of my SPS, and now that most are gone Alk is steady so I have evidence that indeed the few small frags I had were gulping it up.

Mag has been high throughout, 1350+

Did you end up getting a reeflife overflow? Found one of your threads on manhattan reef from June.

If so, how do you like it? I'm on the waiting list for the nano version.

Hey, FYI my refractometer calibration was way way way off. Used rodi instead of calibration solution. Lesson learned the hard way.

Edited by markalot
Ouch, how bad was it?

I am guessing when I had my ato problems and measured 1.028 it was actually 1.030 or higher and that's when I fried everything. I think I'll get a hydrometer [is that what it's called?] to backup my refractometer.

Did you end up getting a reeflife overflow? Found one of your threads on manhattan reef from June.

If so, how do you like it? I'm on the waiting list for the nano version.

Hey Brad, yea I did, best thing ever!

I hate hydrometers, next to useless.

What about the glass ones that bob up and down?

Alright Ian. I wasn't ready but I've started KALK. 1 tsp per gallon. Going to measure parameters in the AM. The fan is on so the ATO will kick on soon.

Need some hand holding. If my pink bird gets pissed off I'm coming over there to steal your BTA.

What about the glass ones that bob up and down?

Haven't used them too much. They're temp calibrated IIRC, don't remember how sensitive they are. Do remember they can be hard to read though. They also require minimum water depths and other pains in small tanks.

If I was uber rich (i.e. when I win the 1/2 billion lotto) I'd buy an industrial grade in-line process refractometer, they start at about 2K and they continuously measure so you could run your ATO at a salinity not a water line.

Alright Ian. I wasn't ready but I've started KALK. 1 tsp per gallon. Going to measure parameters in the AM. The fan is on so the ATO will kick on soon.

Need some hand holding. If my pink bird gets pissed off I'm coming over there to steal your BTA.

K, good luck. Straight Kalk right - BRS brand?

Edit: You have a pH probe on the Apex right? Keep an eye on that.

Edited by Hypsophrys
Yeah. Did my best not to inhale it but I might have. :huh:

I've done that. Didn't seem to cause any lasting damage. B)

Edit: re no pH probe, don't stress. At 1tsp/gal it really shouldn't be drastic.

Edited by Hypsophrys
No PH probe. Now what!

Grab the Ipad and use it as an excuse to go shopping and as long as you're ordering, get some corals thrown in with it? Oh there are puppy pics in my thread for you btw.

Edited by Veng
Grab the Ipad and use it as an excuse to go shopping and as long as you're ordering, get some corals thrown in with it? Oh there are puppy pics in my thread for you btw.

+1

Bewbs. Just cuz I can.

+1

Bewbs. Just cuz I can.

Have all the coral I need and Santa is sending some soon too. It's a box of surprises so I'm not sure what I am getting.

Your puppy is too cute.