inTank Media Baskets

Kat's Ol' Max

metrokat

Enjoy London and bring back some frags! Although I suspect customs would have a fit if you did....

Speaking of DSLRs I stole my moms this weekend, might be able to get some decent pics if I can pry my self away from the new build long enough to do it, :lol:

Puppy pictures would be good too.

I took Mike's suggestion and added a tile to the tank in an effort to see if the clownfish liked it and might be persuaded to move away from the area they are contemplating spawning in. The Midas Blenny lives in the apartment above theirs and that leads to a lot of agression from the female clownfish.

They are not constantly on it but they are inspecting it, dancing on it and cleaning it often.

But sometimes he's just lazy and tired....

20121209_095223_zps44b13b59.jpg

oh poor puppy his nose is all smushed there.

Ok, so I've got some more photos of him and a small coral dump of the DSLR this morning in my thread for you.

thanks!

GL! I know a lot of breeders use them to get clownfish to target breed on them so they can easily remove the eggs.

Yeah, I don't plan on breeding them or attempting to raise the fry, I just want Ruby not to bite Geowge anymore. He's got scars! that poor fish.

:rolleyes:

Used to go twice a year for retail therapy to London, haven't gone since October last year so this will be awesome. 2 days, wonder if I will have time to do a bit of touristy stuff. I've always wanted to take the Eurostar to Brussels for a day trip, go have some chocolate, sip an espresso. Ahhhhhhh Europe.

Europe is only good in the summer months; i went to Amsterdam in January once, never again! Having said that enjoy London, the weather will probably be awful (it was last month when i was there) but if you're inside shopping you'll barely notice.

Europe is only good in the summer months; i went to Amsterdam in January once, never again! Having said that enjoy London, the weather will probably be awful (it was last month when i was there) but if you're inside shopping you'll barely notice.

Well I have to walk Oxford street so always have an umbrella and dress in layers to avoid getting too hot or too cold. The stores are too hot, the streets are too clammy. Can't win with British weather.

It's also New Years, sorry I forgot to mention, I'm spending New Years in London. So it's going to be a cwazee! :)

I can't imagine crossing the pond, stopping at GB, and then turning around to fly back. I've been twice and it wouldn't have been worth the trip if I hadn't also hit up France, Spain, Italy, etc.. You do have much shorter direct flights though. But still! Maybe I just hate long flights more than most people... Have fun though!

I can't imagine crossing the pond, stopping at GB, and then turning around to fly back. I've been twice and it wouldn't have been worth the trip if I hadn't also hit up France, Spain, Italy, etc.. You do have much shorter direct flights though. But still! Maybe I just hate long flights more than most people... Have fun though!

Takes me as long from NYC to Los Angeles as NYC to London. Domestic long haul flights I can't do, but international? Been doing it since I was 8. I take the evening flight, which gets there in the morning in London. Check in to the hotel grab a bite go shopping. I've done day trips to London, believe it or not. Land there in the morning, flight back is the same day late at night. Besides, night flights = snoozing. Unless there is a really good selection of movies or the Internet.

International you can actually lean a seat back far enough to sleep. Domestic coach, not so much.

Ugh, don't remind me. My Dallas flights are the worst, American Airlines seats are honestly one of the most uncomfortable on earth.

I'm taking crappy cell phone pictures now. I still have two other cameras but I'm lazy right now to break those out. New frags were glued down. Old were re arranged. I like the placement, we shall see how they need to be changed to accomodate growth. All areas got a little re-do or addition but here is the picture of the crowning glory rock.

IMG_20121209_171058.jpg

New corals on here include a forest fire digitata, orange millepora, JF Setosa (re-located) and an unglued elkhorn stag.

I've received lots of PMs about my actinic light. You can see a reflection of it in this picture above. It is mounted by suction cups to the front glass wall. The slim profile and that it is waterproof and submersible makes this possible and it does not hinder the view of the tank.

Edited by metrokat
IMG_20121209_171058.jpg

What is the one to the right on the pink birdsnest? It looks like some sort of millipora but I just want to be sure. I love the extension on that thing!

I had posted part one of this on Ians thread.

Riddle me this.

Screen%20Shot%202012-12-05%20at%206.42.56%20PM.png

Nov 30: 10.2, 350

Dec 1: 7.8, 400

Apex Dosing online, equal parts, constant.

Dec 2: 8.0, 370

Dec 3: 8.4, 400

Dec 5: 7.3? , 400

Dec 8: water change

Dec 9: 7.0, 400 with increased dosing of Alkalinity

beating-head-against-the-wall.gif

I need new pants.

:huh:

Wife burned them when she cut off the balls for the Anthias? :unsure:

Edited by metrokat
jedimasterben

No, I messed them up looking at the pic of the birdsnest. :lol:

Are you doing equal parts of the solutions or a lot more alk? Try dosing more of both and see where it gets you.