Innovative Marine Aquariums

Kat's Ol' Max

metrokat

I forgot to mention, my big red ball sponge has been throwing out stringy stuff since yesterday. It could be slime except the strings are red. It is not getting blasted with light and is being fed phyto so I'm not sure what could be causing it or even if it is normal. like do they shed like a gorgonian when stressed? It was shipped so it could be stressed, but I'm not sure what it could be.

Kat, I'm sure you have mentioned this before and I apologize, but that picture of your nudibranch (wow that sounds wrong if taken out of context) is amazing and has made me want one. Where did you get it?

Congratulations! Just saw this today!

OMG MedsReds avatar is going to give me nightmares.

She's Lily. :wub:

See...you should have named her Carlita. Now all the other kidds at clam school are going to make fun of her and call her silly lilly, or lilly pad, or maxi pad. You know how crule young clams can be. I mean its hard enough to compete with all those hot little maximas running around, when your only a squamosa.

Edited by ZephNYC
Kat, I'm sure you have mentioned this before and I apologize, but that picture of your nudibranch (wow that sounds wrong if taken out of context) is amazing and has made me want one. Where did you get it?

Hehe, I got them from 2 sources, live aquaria and sealife. They get drawn into power heads all the time, they have very little suction strength and often are just floating about. Kinda silly and cute at the same time. I saw one of mine go through the MP 10 back to back twice and nothing happened to it. Funny guys.

Congrats! Tank looks great and fun read!

-Dave

Thank you Dave

Congratulations! Just saw this today!

Hey you!! Happy to join you in the TOTM club, you've been an inspiration and I mentioned that in the reef profile too.

I just wanted to say congratulations on TOTM.

Thank you Randi.

That clam is ridiculous, ludicrous even.

Yeah, I didn't know if the picture on Divers den would match the animal IRL but it does. I don't even really like squamosas but this one caught my eye right away.

I'm jelly of that Squamosa. Definitely on my list of clams to get.

Hey RK, it is an unusual squamosa for sure, most are more tan and beige, this one is ivory and espresso. Almost black and white. I am just praying she recovers, she is a weak animal and I am doing all I can to get her healthy.

OMG MedsReds avatar is going to give me nightmares.

See...you should have named her Carlita. Now all the other kidds at clam school are going to make fun of her and call her silly lilly, or lilly pad, or maxi pad. You know how crule young clams can be. I mean its hard enough to compete with all those hot little maximas running around, when your only a squamosa.

Now that's fuucking funny and quotable. :lol:

She's Lily. :slap:

Don't encourage him :angry:

:P

She's Lily. :slap:

Don't encourage him :angry:

Hey, Im only looking out for the young clam. Seriously though...it going to have enough stress at home with the constant ALK SWINGS and RE DECORATING. I wouldnt want it to grow up with an inferiority complex as well!!!

Edited by ZephNYC

Hey, Im only looking out for the young clam. Seriously though...it going to have enough stress at home with the constant ALK SWINGS and RE DECORATING. I wouldnt want it to grow up with an inferiority complex as well!!!

Actually, I'm glad you brought it up. I'm so pleased with the Apex dosing code! It is simply beautiful. I haven't adjusted it since I brought it online with Brian and Beebes help a couple of days ago. The parameters are looking good, slowly but steadily heading towards stability. I think a few more days will get me to the levels I need to be. I'm still not going to start KALK. Too soon.

The problem was in large part the digital timers I was using for the dosers. They are just so darn sensitive that often a button would barely be touched for the function to be activated. I noticed the ALK doser was on all night a few times, just stupid stuff like that. Then there is the tubing. BRS provides both a soft and rigid tubing for the dosers. The rigid is used to draw the liquid into the pump and the soft to dispense it into the fuge. Well, the rigid tubing is like the pipes that are on the RODI unit. So the curvature of the tube never straightens. I found that the tube was dosing air many times. I have yet to fix the rigid tubing problem permanently.

Picked up a new coral today, Kat. Thanks for the getting on my butt about needing more corals!

oooh, what'd you get? And can I take the wife shoe shopping now?

very happy to see the totm went to you. very very well deserved

:wub: Thank you. Santa came early to Kat's casa.

The tank turns 1 year old officially on Christmas. I'm looking for that huge red bow that they put on the Lexus at Christmas time. Anybody?

Like so

2792_Lexus-December-to-Remember.jpg

cat-with-high-heels.jpg

Any post TOTM changes to your tank....celebratory clam?

And^ that is profile picture worthy or at least sig

Edited by Julian_blnc