inTank Media Baskets

Kat's Ol' Max

metrokat

Congratulations! I really am digging that large paly on the bottom! I never noticed befor going over your TOTM! Well diserved!

Thank you. It is a pretty recent aquisition, supposed to be of exalted lineage that I can't disclose as it was garnered by my source under secretive circumstances. :rolleyes:

Really all that means is somebody got a frag they weren't supposed to have. 2 years later I have a frag of it. It is a bright green and glows under actinics, beautiful size too. The guy I got it from said he started feeling dizzy from the fumes. Palytoxin at its best.

Congratulations for your TOTM Kat.

You deserved it!

:)

Thank you Alex.

Good Lord will her head ever deflate now?

I may teeter in heels but that's because there's a big brain I'm trying to balance. -_-

How's the dog haus?

Thank you. It is a pretty recent aquisition, supposed to be of exalted lineage that I can't disclose as it was garnered by my source under secretive circumstances. :rolleyes:

Really all that means is somebody got a frag they weren't supposed to have. 2 years later I have a frag of it. It is a bright green and glows under actinics, beautiful size too. The guy I got it from said he started feeling dizzy from the fumes. Palytoxin at its best.

I belive that its a Palythoa Grandis I have heard about them being rather toxic as well. Great looking coral though.

Congratts kat!

Thanks James!

I belive that its a Palythoa Grandis I have heard about them being rather toxic as well. Great looking coral though.

You are right, they are Grandis Palys.

YES!!! Well...I nominated u for November but...better late than never ;)

You did? Thank you Martin. :wub:

Nope. No chance. I bet she moves her sick clam two more times before lights out.

:slap:

Deleted User 3
np. Lol Kat u crack me up.

"I also have a little stick I beat the inhabitants with when they get out of line."

i have one of those tools too, its a wooden dowel lol. I smack the hermits when they are fighting, and its very useful for standing up tipped corals, making nassies GTFO of the way for Shermy to get his pellet, and to catch stray dog hairs in tank... :P

i have one of those tools too, its a wooden dowel lol. I smack the hermits when they are fighting, and its very useful for standing up tipped corals, making nassies GTFO of the way for Shermy to get his pellet, and to catch stray dog hairs in tank... :P

lol

Maybe I need to get me one of those ;)

Edited by Kfmmartin1996

Oh also Kat, in return for nominating u I need help. ;) Since I am (relatively) certain there is not a fish-eating monster in my tank, I'm looking for a new fishy/fishies. Gonna just do a thorough QT first and see what happens. Can u please help me pick out a fish? I have no idea what to get and would loooooooove to hear your opinion! What fish would u get if u had a BC29 with 1 occy and 1 cherub angelfish? Muchas gracias.

I wonder if there's any connection between this and my sinus infection...

I'm a scientist

Okay now that you're done swooning -

Congratulations for winning TOTM in your first month of eligibility!! Also at this time I'd like to tell you what I think/know makes you an excellent aquarist. It is your thirst for knowledge and your ability to place this acquired knowledge into two bins; the win bin and the sh!t bin. Un/fortunately this ability in using the scientific method (even if u don't call it this) makes you a scientist Ms. Kat, and because of that I get to call you a NERD!!!!

Cheers and have a great second year together Nerd and MAX!

I'm just going to say this...

:happydance:

:D Grazie Miss Tulip

np. Lol Kat u crack me up.

"I also have a little stick I beat the inhabitants with when they get out of line."

:wub:

:lol: It's true, it really is!

Oh also Kat, in return for nominating u I need help. ;) Since I am (relatively) certain there is not a fish-eating monster in my tank, I'm looking for a new fishy/fishies. Gonna just do a thorough QT first and see what happens. Can u please help me pick out a fish? I have no idea what to get and would loooooooove to hear your opinion! What fish would u get if u had a BC29 with 1 occy and 1 cherub angelfish? Muchas gracias.

I posted on your thread about the Goby and shrimp pair. You can't go wrong with that choice.

I wonder if there's any connection between this and my sinus infection...

Are you fragging palys?

I'm a scientist

Okay now that you're done swooning -

Congratulations for winning TOTM in your first month of eligibility!! Also at this time I'd like to tell you what I think/know makes you an excellent aquarist. It is your thirst for knowledge and your ability to place this acquired knowledge into two bins; the win bin and the sh!t bin. Un/fortunately this ability in using the scientific method (even if u don't call it this) makes you a scientist Ms. Kat, and because of that I get to call you a NERD!!!!

Cheers and have a great second year together Nerd and MAX!

:huh::D

Well, that was a very unscientific compliment, I accept with much appreciation. You can call me a nerd anyday.

Kat the scientist nerd with hazardous heels. Does have a ring to it.

Salt-creep is a bad word?

It could be. :unsure:

But you have salt castles. That makes it a whole other level of cruddy.

You are very welcome :) :) Sooo happy for yoouuu! I hope one day to get TOTM! :)

Absolutely! No reason to think otherwise.

Sorry folks, I know you wanted pictures of all my new stuff but I wanted to wait till the TOTM was announced. So here they are. New Acquisitions.

Fruit Loops

IMG_3078.CR2.jpg

Red Hornets

IMG_3079.CR2.jpg

Tyree Space Monster omgomgomg

IMG_3081.CR2.jpg

Very tiny zoanthids, not sure what they are. Don't kill me y'all but I got this from Mr. Coral when I paid him a visit. They were glued in a spot that was hard to get in pictures, I moved stuff around and here they are. They really are very pretty, and very tiny.

IMG_3084.CR2.jpg

Speckled Fire & Ice

IMG_3085.CR2.jpg

Reverse Sunset Montipora

IMG_3087.CR2.jpg