ReefCleaners.org

Kat's Ol' Max

metrokat

That is a pretty one. Don't let Zeph see it.

lol. It needs at least 17 inches to be mounted inside the tank, measure first.

Measure shmeasure. ;)

When I get around to getting that goby/shrimp pair should I buy them paired on divers den or just get both individually? If I get them idividually do I have to put them in at same time?

Measure shmeasure. ;)

When I get around to getting that goby/shrimp pair should I buy them paired on divers den or just get both individually? If I get them idividually do I have to put them in at same time?

You won't be getting them from the LFS? They pair up easily enough, just need to make sure it is the right kind of shrimp and goby. Even with them already paired, when you put them in the tank, they may not land at the same spot and will need to find each other. Sometimes they don't. My Yasha is on his 2nd pistol.

You won't be getting them from the LFS? They pair up easily enough, just need to make sure it is the right kind of shrimp and goby. Even with them already paired, when you put them in the tank, they may not land at the same spot and will need to find each other. Sometimes they don't. My Yasha is on his 2nd pistol.

I have never seen a pistol shrimp at my LFS. U know...could I get the goby at the LFS, qt it for 2-3 weeks then order the right pistol off liveaquaria, acclimate them together, and put em in the display at the same time?

Also, can I just do a normal, quick acclimation or do I have to drip acclimate cuz of the shrimp?

And I guess I'm gonna have to push all my rocks to the bottom of the tank...ugh...that might be a pain/impossible...

jedimasterben
$269? Considering it's not even 2 inches across, seems pretty expensive. I have 2 of them at a little over 2" across. I'd part with them for $250 each.

You have two blue squammys?

Thank you. Are we cleared for hand holding now?

Well, yes we are cleared from this end. But I don't want to take you away from your forum boyfriend and all, so I suppose I'll have to let go and do what I can on my own ;) I do appreciate the help and patience. I've spent some time reading care information and such. I'm nursing a sick wife, so I'm doing some more coral care reading while she sleeps. I may still ask some stupid questions, hopefully they'll be few and far between, though!

Deleted User 3
$269? Considering it's not even 2 inches across, seems pretty expensive. I have 2 of them at a little over 2" across. I'd part with them for $250 each.

Also, I had my goby for about 5 months without a pistol shrimp. 5 minutes it the tank and they were together.

Its just pretty okay! lol. I just saw it advertised and thought i'd post it for Kat to see. I could pay my electric bill for like 4 months wait 5... with the money i'd spend on that clam.

Yeah, they just started showing up around here about 3 months ago. I payed $225 each. Now they are up to $250 to $300 at most places.

I had to move one to the LFS because the coral beauty decided it looked like something good to eat. Even the coris wrasse got in on the meal. It's still doing well, happily. Unfortunately, getting the wrasse and angel out aren't an option, as I built the tank into a wall at the office. Netting a fish out would be impossible. I'll be bringing the other one to the same LFS on Monday. I'm not willing to lose $500 from those stupid fish.

Yeah, they just started showing up around here about 3 months ago. I payed $225 each. Now they are up to $250 to $300 at most places.

I had to move one to the LFS because the coral beauty decided it looked like something good to eat. Even the coris wrasse got in on the meal. It's still doing well, happily. Unfortunately, getting the wrasse and angel out aren't an option, as I built the tank into a wall at the office. Netting a fish out would be impossible. I'll be bringing the other one to the same LFS on Monday. I'm not willing to lose $500 from those stupid fish.

I hear you. I also wish I could see your tank somewhere...