Pod Your Reef

Kat's Ol' Max

metrokat

omgomgomg

Congrats Kat on TOTM!!!!! Your tank is a true inspiration to all reef owners and reef enthusiasts!

Thank you! Can't wait to get my light from you to put over the fuge. :ninja:

You've been saying that forever!

I predict you'll look at your spreadsheet and see where you can squeeze a few more corals in first. Or you'll find out there is a RSM makes a 65 Gallon tank, :lol:

Oh if I was going to upgrade, I would go with the S line RSMs. Well I've been waiting. Several weeks for Zeph to place an order with brineshrimp direct and for me to jump in on the order with him so we can split shipping.

^^^^ this.

Kat needs upgrade :lol:

Quite happy with what I have.

Nice camera!

It is, thanks.

Edited by metrokat
175G AIO? Nice! I hadn't seen the S series.

The system looks amazing. I'm an AIO girl all the way. The S series comes plumbed for a sump and the T5s are super awesome. The way they slide and open, love that.

But. Guess what, I'm quite happy with my current tank.

In tank news, I swapped out the old media in my reactor for fresh GFO and Carbon. Added a foam disk to keep thr 2 media separated. Soaked the MJ900 in vinegar to unclog it from all the red sea coral pro salt residue. The pump used to be my salt mixer. Works good now and have it dialled just enough to have both medias gently percolating. I know people advise not to tumble those medias as the fines get into the system. The output of my reactor goes straight into my filter sock.

I started seeing some diatoms in the sump sand bed, there is no powerhead and very slow circulation in there. Not sure if I should increase flow or let the diatoms be, maybe increase the CUC in there? Thoughts?

Have ESV mixing at home for a large WC later today. With a bottle of wine. :) TGIF.

jedimasterben
Works good now and have it dialled just enough to have both medias gently percolating. I know people advise not to tumble those medias as the fines get into the system. The output of my reactor goes straight into my filter sock.

Horrendous idea. The particles of dust are far smaller than your filter sock can handle.

Congrats on TOTM! Everything looks amazing.

Thank you!

Is yours a sphynx?

Ahh no, he's just a mutt. Domestic short haired, but he's very handsome. His sister was as non descript as he is handsome, but her personality was absolutely beautiful. She had these golden yellow eyes that were ringed with white fur. Very loving cat.

Horrendous idea. The particles of dust are far smaller than your filter sock can handle.

Maybe, my filter sock are better microns than your though. And I've been doing the reactor like this for months.

Hers is amazing.... it's actually her clams that's making me upgrade....

is that so? Youre going to keep more than one clam?

I'll probably only get one, but there's no room in the 10. There should be lots of room in the new 20L, there's some rock scape photos in my thread you should check out. Lots of room for clams! Maybe 2 1" if I can find them that small!

TeflonTomDosh
Ahh no, he's just a mutt. Domestic short haired, but he's very handsome. His sister was as non descript as he is handsome, but her personality was absolutely beautiful. She had these golden yellow eyes that were ringed with white fur. Very loving cat.

It's not always about you Kat :P Was talkin to MeanGreen. She said she had a cat named Mr Bigglesworth.

It's not always about you Kat :P Was talkin to MeanGreen. She said she had a cat named Mr Bigglesworth.

Oh right. :slap:

I'll probably only get one, but there's no room in the 10. There should be lots of room in the new 20L, there's some rock scape photos in my thread you should check out. Lots of room for clams! Maybe 2 1" if I can find them that small!

2 or 3 will look good too, 1 inch is very very small, I know because the bebeh is that size. Very itty bity. The ORA squamosa was 2 1/4 or 2 1/2. I liked that size a lot.

MeanGreenEyes
Is yours a sphynx?

Double :slap: lol No...Mr. Bigglesworth is a Russian Blue. Not a cat person, but he doesn't behave like a normal cat and grew up with my pit bull...so he mimics a lot of my dog's behavior. He won't eat or drink out of cat sized bowls, so he has a dog sized food bowl and shares a bucket of water with the dog. Doesn't get on my counter tops/table. The most easy going. Just lays on the table when it's time for his shots. Some pics of him in my thread somewhere.

jedimasterben
Double :slap: lol No...Mr. Bigglesworth is a Russian Blue. Not a cat person, but he doesn't behave like a normal cat and grew up with my pit bull...so he mimics a lot of my dog's behavior. He won't eat or drink out of cat sized bowls, so he has a dog sized food bowl and shares a bucket of water with the dog. Doesn't get on my counter tops/table. The most easy going. Just lays on the table when it's time for his shots. Some pics of him in my thread somewhere.

Best name for a cat ever.

MeanGreenEyes
Best name for a cat ever.

Oh...you have no idea...lol. Check post 64 in my thread...there's 3 pics that prove that he got the only name that could ever fit him.

Edited by MeanGreenEyes

Water change day. And have decided to add a small powerhead to the fuge. The surface of the water is getting stagnant crud.

Also managed to hide all the wired on the floor and the wall with a wall shelf unit from Ikea. Looks way better now, I might actually be able to take shots of the area the tank is in. yay.

In not so good news, my god mom asked for her camera back for christmas. :(

Edited by metrokat
Water change day. And have decided to add a small powerhead to the fuge. The surface of the water is getting stagnant crud.

Also managed to hide all the wired on the floor and the wall with a wall shelf unit from Ikea. Looks way better now, I might actually be able to take shots of the area the tank is in. yay.

Hope Santa finds you a new camera this year...

Oh, god mom's camera!! Bummer. I was thinking that, between spontaneous retail therapy in Londinium, and a Canon 5D.ii... why upgrade your tank when you can just buy a public aquarium? :P

Edited by Hypsophrys
Oh, god mom's camera!! Bummer. I was thinking that, between spontaneous retail therapy in Londinium, and a Canon 5D.ii... why upgrade your tank when you can just buy a public aquarium? :P

:rolleyes:

Used to go twice a year for retail therapy to London, haven't gone since October last year so this will be awesome. 2 days, wonder if I will have time to do a bit of touristy stuff. I've always wanted to take the Eurostar to Brussels for a day trip, go have some chocolate, sip an espresso. Ahhhhhhh Europe.

Enjoy London and bring back some frags! Although I suspect customs would have a fit if you did....

Speaking of DSLRs I stole my moms this weekend, might be able to get some decent pics if I can pry my self away from the new build long enough to do it, :lol: