Innovative Marine Aquariums

Kat's Ol' Max

metrokat

My homemade fish moonshine was going rather well. Then the bubbler got knocked out from the jar one night by accident and the culture crashed.

Re-started it but it did not work this time. Looks like I may have to sterilize all thr equipment and get a new starter culture. It is possible that the AlgaGen phycopure is not viable anymore. I don't know, this was my first attempt at growing phyto.

jedimaster1138
Can anyone recommend a book or website on corals, I'm interested in learning how to differentiate between an acropora, millepora, tenuis, nana, plana, different kinds of montiporas: Danae, Setosa, undata etc.

I have these 2...

This one is more of a text book and has lots to read. I still haven't finished it. It's nearly 500 pages.

http://www.amazon.com/Aquarium-Corals-Sele...;keywords=coral

This one is more of a reference with some ideas on placement, requirements etc. I'm not sure how useful it's been to me, but it has a lot of pictures :)

http://www.amazon.com/Corals-Quick-Referen...keywords=corals

I like those 2, I was looking at getting the one by Borneman also.

I sent corals by Borneman to Basser in the gift exchange. That book and some sweet flooring could of been yours but NO.

:)

I think it wouldn't be as bad if I didn't have to go out and buy the 4th (yes 4th) 10 gallon for this fuge tonight. The good news is I everything is safe. I was panicking a little when I realized it was cracked as I had literally just moved everything and torn down the 10G.

Uggghhh... it's my first day off in a week of working 18 hrs plus each day... I put 400 miles on my truck in NYC over the course of three gridlock alert days, so I didn't have a second to get my NR fix in. What'd I miss?

jedimasterben

I saw my pompom crab today and it had a bright red bundle of eggs. I also caught my four sexies and am tempted to smash them with a hammer. I wish I had fish aggressive enough to eat them. little bastards

I saw my pompom crab today and it had a bright red bundle of eggs. I also caught my four sexies and am tempted to smash them with a hammer. I wish I had fish aggressive enough to eat them. little bastards

They're too little to crush with a hammer, you can send them and the porcelains to me.

On another note, the Alk and Calcium are holding steady, albeit a shade lower than where I want them to be at. I upped both Alk and Cal a tad tonight.

jedimasterben
They're too little to crush with a hammer, you can send them and the porcelains to me.

They have a taste for SPS. I don't think you want them.

Whoaaa Ben! Why so much hate?

They eat SPS. :angry: