ReefCleaners.org

Kat's Ol' Max

metrokat

phi delt reefer

is it the skimmer thats creating the microbubbles?

filter floss wont catch the small stuff - only low micron filter socks will. I run a 75 micron sock but i dont think that's feasible in the RSM. If its the skimmer creating the bubbles try adjusting it a bit or putting some filter floss infront of it's out let to break the bubbles up.

surgicalsense
Whaaaaa?

My family is from Brooklyn, Ny ... German Jewish background. I hear these terms used all the time.

Schmutz mean, garbage, filth, dirty depending on how you use it in a sentence of course.

Edited by surgicalsense
surgicalsense
Ahhh I knew the word Yiddish, but didn't know what you were trying to get at.

You drive a PT Cruiser? :P How cute!

It was cute :) ... now I want to put it in neutral and push it off a cliff ;)

surgicalsense
What would you get now?

I know what I want :P or would like to own. But, what is logical are two different things. So I am thinking about a Honda Civic Evo fully loaded. But it is pending for now.

there shall be no inane yakking on this thread. Some bribery with coralz is needed before yakking can commence.

ATT182525.jpg

So. I turned off the skimmer. Schmutz is still there. :(

Also, my personality demands:

Audi-R8.jpg

Edited by metrokat
surgicalsense

... and did you see my question regarding your rear chambers?

Bribery? ... I know your not addressing me.

If there is a waterfall effect and the pump is close by, the bubbles created by this will instantly be sucked into the pump/pass through the return/spit out through your powerheads creating the eye soar microbubbles. I am only trying to help with ideas.... to rule it out.

If there still there since your skimmer has been turned off, you know now it must be isolated with your pump. However, I can be wrong since your rocking a RSM. But, design in the rear chambers have the same mechanics in a way.

Lastly if this the case with the waterfall effect, you can place filter floss or a tank sponge to soft the bubles and should get rid of most of them.

Edited by surgicalsense
Bribery? ... I know your not addressing me.

If there is a waterfall effect and the pump is close by, the bubbles created by this will instantly be sucked into the pump/pass through the return/spit out through your powerheads creating the eye soar microbubbles. I am only trying to help with ideas.... to rule it out.

If there still there since your skimmer has been turned off, you know now it must be isolated with your pump. However, I can be wrong since your rocking a RSM. But, design in the rear chambers have the same mechanics in a way.

Lastly if this the case with the waterfall effect, you can place filter floss or a tank sponge to soft the bubles and should get rid of most of them.

Of course I'm addressing you too. Bring that wine ovah chica. ;)

Regarding the rear chambers, no there is no waterfall close to the pumps, in fact there are baffles.

130d_filtration_big.jpg

Kat's too old for prom.

Negative. The prom is for kids.

surgicalsense

Thank you for posting the make up of your tank :) ... so your rear chambers are still stock, you haven't modified it yet?

Edited by surgicalsense

I'm not planning on modifying it, I did add some tubing to the pump intake to make the water level problem not quite so problematic even though now I have the JBJ ATO.

I would have loved to have a fuge in the back chamber, the smoked glass wall provides automatic light at daytime for any macros I might have in there. Granted the light cycle will be the same as the main tank but macros are macros. I have to look at the skimmer pump in more detail to see if this is possible.

surgicalsense

Right, right ... and you noted your still getting the bubbles when the skimmer is off? Which is why I was also was thinking, well least it is not the skimmer conflicting with your pump/return... I think something is sucking air in from another location from your rear chambers. You ruled out the ATO line, for sure? I am just trying to eliminate all the others before isolating one specific area.

RSM has a microbubble trouble shooting section on their site, this is a known issue with the RSM tanks. I have to go through it and see if I can resolve it. Microbubbles are one thing, the schmutz is another thing entirely. I changed my filterfloss to the half blue half white kind today to see if that makes a difference, will report tomorrow.