metrokat

Kat's Ol' Max

FlCandy
Magnesium 1500 ppm :huh:

How did that happen?

Well bad algae shouldn't be an issue for you. ;)

metrokat

Magic water

oh this should have been in the BC thread, ha.

FlCandy
Magic water

oh this should have been in the BC thread, ha.

:wizard:

:naughtydance:

metrokat

Monday update: many bushings, barbs, clamps, tubing of all kinds later, I am still unable to use my RO/DI or ATO. The reason is that the bushing or adaptor causes the faucet to leak, have tried it on 2 faucets. Not talking a little drip, taking a geyser that shoots across the room! I cut out a plastic gallon water container to use as a shield but with so much water escaping the water pressure is low making the 90GPD output slower than a snail on a pavement.

Further, I found black tubing (yay) but it won't fit the RSM accessory kit for my mod to Stevie T's mod. I mean it can but they didn't have all the parts needed to make it happen.

Also could not find plastic clamps for the tubing so will be using zip ties. which aren't black. Color coordination shall be an issue. pfft. ;)

And because I can't make RO/DI, I can't fill up the 30qt reservoir and use the ATO.

fume fume fume

kgoldy

Wait... Wasn't this what I was coming over for? Haha.

metrokat

well I didn't have the adapter or bushings or whatever when you came over, I went to home depot on sunday for that. you'll welcome to come back though -_-

The 4 legged ATO came through again at 6 am!

tinkerer

i have a similar 4 legged ato, but mine rarely saves my tank. it does with striking regularity bite my fingers when my kids wake up however. i may need to have it reprogrammed. sorry to hear you can't get it all color coordinated kat. :(

yonee

Sorry to hear that the ATO is being a pain in the rare! Im sure you'll have it up and running in a snap!

I'm sending my early Birthday wishes now :D Nice ZoOs! Hope to see some more great gifts, the tank is coming along nicely.

FlCandy

Well at least you have the four legged ATO for now! :P

metrokat

ATO has been installed with distilled water in the reservoir!

I think the tubing is too long, I left a little too much extra slack. When the pump shut off after the correct level was reached, the tube which was under water sucked back some water into the reservoir. So that kicked on the pump again. And again and again. Till I panicked. Anyway I pulled out the tube and it's fine. The reservoir is not in it's final spot and I still have to drill a hole in the cover of the container but so far so good.

FlCandy

LOL Did the 4 legged ato get offended your replacing him?

metrokat

he's miffed fo sho, because now when he cries at night I'm just going to throw a pillow at him

surgicalsense

Poor miffed four legged ATO :huh:

Deckoz2302

Oh look kat yoiu do have a helper! Kgoldy what what.

FlCandy
he's miffed fo sho, because now when he cries at night I'm just going to throw a pillow at him

HAHA! We do that to ours, and say STFU. LMAO

Well maybe give him the benefit of the doubt until it's been a week just as your backup for the new ATO.

Then lay down the law! :lol:

metrokat

He must be sick of me, there is always drama in the tank! I'm shooting mis-spelled IM's at him day and night, I've even called him different names in the midst of it all :o

Anyway, looks like his visit on Saturday inspired another buying spree, muhahahah what are friends for. ;)

metrokat

Holy Macros!

IMG_20120111_164636.jpg

Many thanks to DrunkenMonk21 for amazingly generous portions of red grape and blue ochtodes.

FlCandy

Kat their so pretty!

metrokat

They came from a mans tank but look pretty in mine. That's the magic of my heels. uh huh uh huh. :rolleyes:

FlCandy

Heels make everything look better! ;)

Spirofucci

Wow! That stuff is purdy!!! I'd even put it in my manly tank.

]http://i113[img2.photobucket.com/albums/m569/spirofucci/IMG_0353.jpg[/img]

kgoldy

Next group buy, Kat's visiting my reef/zoo. So she's going to have to bring all her equipment for me to fix. I've convinced the boss to buy a router- so soon I should be proficient in sump making. (As in, a lot better looking than my HOB). Maybe I can practice my skills if she buys some acrylic for me to work on... ;)

P.S. Leeny's mom survived Agra and the traumatizing drive (traffic of Benz', tractor/school-busses, elephants, camels, etc) back to Delhi... Barely. They're now in Kerala where she's refusing to leave the resort. Hahaha. Aileen's mom is fighting to stay there for the remainder of the trip.

metrokat

@KG :huh: hope it works out

kgoldy

Leeny's parents are supposed to be coming home tomorrow... Oh, but Air India is on strike. Hahaha.

tinkerer
Next group buy, Kat's visiting my reef/zoo.

next group buy the both of you need to fly to minnesota and pick the stuff up at BRS. which is conveniently nearby my place where you can both do various tasks. Kgoldy can help me set up a drain so i can add a separate fuge to my BC. and Kat can redo my scape and organize my corals. :lol: