Coral Vue Hydros

Kat's Ol' Max

metrokat

It should the Echinata has a powerful sting. You are up early. Thought I was the only one that stays up all night.

Headed to the airport, I'm on the airport shuttle. Free Wifi - woot.

Should give it a revive dip and move it away from the acan

I did move it away, not before I showed my mum the war of the corals! :) but no revive dip. That and selecon i still have to buy.

Moved the brain coral into the RSM, told my mum to watch it for me.

I'm not sure if it will ever get old when my little niece screeches there is schmutz in the tank. :)

I've been to Indiana. We have 3 airports in the NY area and a lot of people flying,airport transportation with shuttles is one way to get to the airport. My trip would be $100 each way if I took a car, which I do when my flights are at times when the shuttles don't run.

I've been to Indiana. We have 3 airports in the NY area and a lot of people flying,airport transportation with shuttles is one way to get to the airport. My trip would be $100 each way if I took a car, which I do when my flights are at times when the shuttles don't run.

100 each way? That is crazy. What was a Metrokat doing in Indiana?

surprise birthday visit to a college kid. She was with her boyfriend in her college apartment (who knew we were coming) and embarrassed hehehe, I was accompanying the kids brother for the surprise who didn't know how to feel about his sister clearly in bed with the dude. it was hilarious.

Haha, your trip sounds amusing.

Glad to see the corals in the RSM doing so well! Everything looks awesome.

I'm here because I saw you in AM's thread asking about putting a hi-fin in with your yasha. Usually the rule is no more than one shrimp goby, but hi fins are actually known to let other species into their burrows!

Evidence I found via google: http://img88.imageshack.us/img88/7996/1002068ah0.jpg

Yasha

(maybe) Hi fin Banded gobi or pink bar

Yellow clown goby (swipe KG's when he's outta town)

(maybe) Barnacle blenny

Midas Blenny

Orange stripe cardinal fish

Blue reef chromis

Yellow assessor (steal Brads when he's not looking)

Existing phish:

2 not so Baby O's

2 Blue neon gobies

1 Yasha

:unsure:

^^ notes to self

:angry:

Found one flatworm. Should I be worried?

IMG_20120201_143331.jpg

No need to be concerned with those flat worms. I have a gazillion bagillion in my tank. Mandarins think they're yummy.

Flat Worm Exit is a good way to crash a tank.

:flower: When are you leaving again so I can plan my heist?

I'm here because I saw you in AM's thread asking about putting a hi-fin in with your yasha. Usually the rule is no more than one shrimp goby, but hi fins are actually known to let other species into their burrows!

Thank you. After seeing KG's goby love nest I really want lots of little gobies in my tank.

Edited by metrokat
I'm not so sure this shuttle needs to be this bouncy, no infants on here. If I wanted to ride a horse to the airport I would have opted for one. bloody hell i cant see anything on the screen

LOL!

So how's the trip going? I have been toying with the idea of getting one of the Barber pole Gobies as the LFS I got the Yuma at has a bunch.... IDK I kind of like having just the one......

I'll get them from my LFS, I'm in no hurry and with winter I would rather not have a fish shipped. That could change though. Next week the plan is a slow but steady move of the rock from the BC over to the RSM. I hope the fish don't get too stressed.

Question for everyone: should i move my fish before the rock?

Kat, I don't post here much (evidence, member date is 2005 and I have like 6 posts? lol ), but I wanted to comment on your threads. I've spent a good part of today reading them all, they are great! Your tanks are all spectacular, love the "weeds".

Have you thought any more about a sump? I bought a Life Reef overflow and sump in 2003 for my 72g reef. Moved the sump over to a 120g rr upgrade later that year, still using the overflow for a fw tank. I kept the 120g for 6 years before breaking it down (got tired of large weekly bucket wc's). Last May I set up a 125g fw Tangy tank (african cichlids), and broke out the Life Reef sump. I know they are expensive, but built to last forever. I couldn't be happier with my sump (sold the overflow just a few weeks ago). If you decide to go with one of their set ups, you won't be sorry.

I found myself with an empty 20g long, my DH asked me to do another reef. I just added live rock and sand this week. You've got me looking into macro algae....

Thank you for visiting my threads and your kind words. Macros look natural and will add the splash of color we all seem to crave in our tanks, without an expensive light. I hope to add to my macro collection shortly. ;)

surgicalsense
Yes. Fish can easily get in the way when taking the rocks in and out.

:P and I was going to say move the rock first prior to the fish. Specially if you decide to rescape really quick. Their best in the BC still until the desired scape is final and this will keep them out of your way.

• Like 1

Yeah that works best so I don't have to worry about them jumping out due to stress as I'm aquascaping the RSM. The move begins sunday! :scarry:

I'm nervous for sure but I hope to make it as seamless as I can.

And i hope the rock towers find a steady foothold in the RSM

fingerscrossed

surgicalsense
Yeah that works best so I don't have to worry about them jumping out due to stress as I'm aquascaping the RSM. The move begins sunday! :scarry:

I'm nervous for sure but I hope to make it as seamless as I can.

And i hope the rock towers find a steady foothold in the RSM

fingerscrossed

:lockdown: ... you got this. Gravity in water is on your side. Heavest/largest on the bottom and evenly distribute the weight. Least you will not have a bf barking over your shoulder (like I did) making suggestions and blah, blah :lol: