Innovative Marine Aquariums

Kat's Ol' Max

metrokat

Tink is right Kat, that BC was amazing! And still is! I can't wait to see what you do with the RSM though!

What you should do is make the BC thread the memorial to it like Tron has his still for the SPS Legacy 1, Love that I can still go and check out what it used to look like vs new tank.

Yasha

(maybe) Hi fin Banded gobi or pink bar

Yellow clown goby (swipe KG's when he's outta town)

(maybe) Barnacle blenny

Midas Blenny

Orange stripe cardinal fish

Blue reef chromis

Yellow assessor (steal Brads when he's not looking)

Existing phish:

2 not so Baby O's

2 Blue neon gobies

1 Yasha

:unsure:

^^ notes to self

Stock list? fingerscrossed

When you get the midas add him last, will help reduce the chance of him becoming dominant. Also get a baby one, little guys are so cute and mine paired right up with the clowns when he was less then 2" long. So sweet.

Came home from my trip to my original HH brain coral (mancina) in the BC showing skeleton at 2 places. It has been PO for about a week which it does sometimes but it has never shown skeleton. I don't know what to do to get it feeling better. :tears:

I did a water change in both the RSM and BC. The corals in the RSM look really happy, there was a bad microbubble/water level issue while I was gone so I cleaned out the back chambers, cut the stock sponge in half, changed the filter floss, and the tank looks good. Will switch out the MJ1200 for a toms aqualifter soon as I can. One of the montiporas I thought was dead is showing PE! :huh:

The blue knuckle hermits are really going at the Caulerpa verticilata, which is not a common HH I am told.

I was trying to clean out the burrow that the yasha likes (the opening was all clogged up and nobody had seen him for a couple of days) so out of the cave he jumped! And darted off to the back of the BC! :wacko:

I'm stressed.

It'll be fine! But you know the fish is alive!

Could you move the brain to the RSM? Everything is happy in there and you have resurrected a coral you thought was dead.....

This tank is a miracle tank, I could re-name it but El Fab has a patent on that name.

I'm seeing my dead frags come to life! I'm talking SPS, zoanthids, macros! :o

This picture shows Poker Star Monti which I thought was dead! like it was dead! look at the PE!

And also the orange eye lepastrea which was completely dead. really let me repeat: dead. you see the 3 orange spots on the left of the frag? That just grew back :o

IMG_3744.JPG

Purple hornet and some other zoanthids, closed up for 2 weeks or more in the BC are now open:

IMG_3746.JPG

HOLY COW! look at the PE on the bali green slimer (or maybe it's the vermiculata I have to check) And look at the boring yellow porites! It's got effing PE! (had that one growth arm that started dying where it was stung by the favia or echinata)

IMG_3747.JPG

I'm telling you it's a miracle tank. Look at the mille! (It's brown yes yes but it has PE)

IMG_3748.JPG

Edited by metrokat
  • Like 1

So it can't be the water because the source water for both tanks is the same. I have to go back to my process of elimination: the BC with LED's looks beautiful but I think the light was way less for my corals. I should have gone with 2 PRO's. Now here is the question, in this tank the space allows for 2 PRO's but given what I know now from the BioCube, I firmly believe I need at least 4 PRO's.

How to install them though?

rrs40110_lights.jpg

Glad to hear things are going well!!! I was gonna do the same thing with the pro's, ie, put as many as I could fit in the hood. But, I was worried about the heat and I'd have to get a chiller eventually, so cost wise I got the Radion instead since it was actually cheaper in the long run.

As you know those RSM stock lights are very good and will grow most things except for the more difficult SPS.

Did you ever get a media rack and a new skimmer?

no on the skimmer and media rack because the stock skimmer seems ot be doing it's job for me. it is rather bulky however no one on the RSM thread replied if they have turned the back chamber into a fuge which I would like to do if I was going to free up all that space by using a tunze. You have a tunze right?

I need to do some more with my tank. I will be setting up a new pico soon so I can house my gf's acro-eating clown goby. I am also thinking of setting up a 100G+ frag tank to grow out colonies for sale.

I like your setups and the plans with the light mod on the redsea. It's hard to resist the urge to modify your pretty AIO lol. I always said I will never take the hood off my biocube and whatayaknow it hasn't had a hood for a while haha.

I would rethink the Tunze. They really aren't all that great by today's standards. 12 years ago maybe. The nano-skimmer I think is so popular because there aren't a whole lot of recognizable brands that manufacture quality skimmers for small tanks. People see Tunze and made in Germany and assume it's still the gold standard. If I where to ever go with a Tunze product I guess it would have to be the small skimmer, but as far as there other stuff goes, it's a lot of hooplah for nothing.

no on the skimmer and media rack because the stock skimmer seems ot be doing it's job for me. it is rather bulky however no one on the RSM thread replied if they have turned the back chamber into a fuge which I would like to do if I was going to free up all that space by using a tunze. You have a tunze right?

I never used the stock skimmer because everyone said it was crap, so I went with the Tunze. However, I'm not happy with the tunze either. So far it either is too wet and fills up the cup with tea water or I get a few bubble in the cup with no skimate.

I do however highly recommend the media rack. I makes it so much easier and forces the water thru the rack.

I know that some folks grow cheato in the back with a little submersable light and also grow it in the media rack as well. I like the idea of cheato, but from what I've read the space in the back is not enough room to make a difference.

SUCK IT OUT!

How'd you get him? Probably a HH on the LR right?

If your willing to try FWE is easy to use and I had no issues when I treated my tank. Just siphoned them out as I saw them dying and I still have a few but my Mandarin keeps them in check for me now.

well, it's one. I'll invest in the sucker thing if I see more. I don;t want to dose just yet, there are no fish to take care of the problem if it becomes a problem, that is why it should be watched. It was probably a HH on a frag from that horrible guy.

BLEH yeah that's right! Forgot about him for a second.

Just watch it, they reproduce quick, 3 days after I saw a few I saw hundreds.

Starve the tank, it'll die.