Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Kat's Ol' Max

metrokat

Get the purple colored one, I used it for the first time today and it looks invisible

Nice shoes!

I like the purple it's pretty, but man that reef putty smells bad!

Super Glue Gel/Epoxy Putty/Super Glue Gel = SCAPE IS LOCKED DOWN!

Where are pics of this?!!!

Is this more new scape? Original single tower waiting for second tower? I can't keep up. :o

I've completed the scape but it's not picture ready yet. Still have loose rock and coral placement to do.

Big Bird appropriately in the Kenya Tree :lol:

IMG_20120212_172725.jpg

Porcelain going for a joy ride on the Trocus

IMG_20120212_172648.jpg

And a nearly empty bio cube

IMG_20120212_173052.jpg

In other news. Taking out the rockwork that is home to Charlie the Yasha gave me a heart attack because Charlie decided to come into the bucket with the rockwork. If he hadn't done an agonized flop in the bucket I would never have found him (the bucket is red and did not have water!) so I yelled at him and cried. My little nephew was quite helpful and we were able to get Charlie back into the biocube.

Edited by metrokat

LOL, you have more sh!t in your nearly empty tank than I have in my display.

Kat, btw, I ended up putting a hose clamp on the ATO and it seems to be working great so far.

How's that yellow macro looking in your tank?

It's turning rust.... :(

Kat, btw, I ended up putting a hose clamp on the ATO and it seems to be working great so far.

I'll try the new Toms that Drs F&S sent out, if not I'll use a lower power MJ.

So the unfortunate news is that I am watching the rainfords goby starve. It has a shrunken belly. He comes out to eat when I squirt mysis but the pieces are too big, did not visibly see him eating cyclopeeze. I dont have a blender for fish food so not sure what to do.. Then I see him swallow the sand but I am concerned that he is so small, my sand particles are much too large for him. :(

Any suggestions on how I can keep this guy alive? :(

Have you tried baby brine shrimp? My YCGs love that and it is small enough for htem, but they won't touch mysis at all even if it is chopped into tiny little pieces.

I use frozen. I think live brine shrimp would be too large for my YCGs even, the frozen stuff is nicely chopped up so has different sizes.

But yeah I think the live ones live for a few days at least.

altolamprologus

A few things I would try:

1. Grate mysis using a cheese grater (gross I know). This is often used for raising baby fish and works well for making very small pieces

2. Hatch some brine shrimp and feed them with all pumps off

3. Buy some live adult brine. Brine shrimp are mostly fluff and can be eaten by fish with small mouths. They can live about 3-4 days in the fridge, but will live longer if kept at room temp with some phytoplankton. They're also more nutritious if fed phyto before being eaten.

Once he starts eating something, it should be fairly easy to get him to eat similar things. So if he eats live brine, start mixing in frozen brine. Then when he's eating frozen, start mixing in other frozen foods. Feed as many times a day as possible. Even if he doesn't eat anything at first, keep trying. Fish learn to recognize food if it's around them enough. Good luck! I hope he starts eating for you :)

3. Buy some live adult brine. Brine shrimp are mostly fluff and can be eaten by fish with small mouths. They can live about 3-4 days in the fridge, but will live longer if kept at room temp with some phytoplankton. They're also more nutritious if fed phyto before being eaten.

Appreciate the help and good thing I have phyto, live and not so live. :)

I did see the goby pecking at rocks, my tank is infested with little pods. Like I mean JAMMED. So not sure why he has a sunken belly. The YCG is fat and happy, eats mysis and also reef cleaners filter feeder formula.

altolamprologus
Appreciate the help and good thing I have phyto, live and not so live. :)

I did see the goby pecking at rocks, my tank is infested with little pods. Like I mean JAMMED. So not sure why he has a sunken belly. The YCG is fat and happy, eats mysis and also reef cleaners filter feeder formula.

Not so live phyto is fine for brine shrimp, they will eat anything