Pod Your Reef

Kat's Ol' Max

metrokat

Major move! After I came home from Atlanta today I moved one of the rock tower scapes from the BC into the RSM!!!! It went smoothly, my only concern when doing the move was that Dingbat remain behind in the BC, as this rock was his upside down spiderman residence. And he does scare me, he's big. As I was pulling out the rock as gently as I could I closed my eyes knowing he was on the thing, I figured if he moved I didn't have to see it and drop the rock and crack my tank in two. Success! He decided to stay in the BC.

The BC looks all bright without the big rock tower on one side.

The RSM has a tower! :) I'm pretty happy with the height difference just this one scape made. I have not epoxied it down yet, it seemed to find a natural foothold and is not too wobbly but of course I will need to make 100% sure it is stable.

In other news the vermiculate that was all happy and showing an abundance of PE when I left, has completely bleached white in 4 days. No sign of polyps either. Everything else is doing fine, the brain coral is back to 100% and very happy looking too. I saw hell boy favia's sweepers tonight! So far the corals that have been stung by somebodys sweepers are: yellow porites, hell boy, monticap, acan achinata.

Pics tomorrow hopefully, so many changes!

Enjoying your tank builds. What are some of your LFS in NYC area? About once every month or so I'm around Bryant Park for work, and always interested in seeing new shops.

Lookin good! I mean your tank.

Man, I sure would like to get one of the sump set ups from that dude @ life reef, no muss no fuss. Sort of plug n play. But wow $$$$.

Are you gonna do your own DIY????

NOOO PHISH!!!

I'm on my way home with Gobi the Gobi (rainfords) and Big Bird (yellow clown goby because KG refused to part with his). OMG! New fish before I transferred the old fish! :o

Enjoying your tank builds. What are some of your LFS in NYC area? About once every month or so I'm around Bryant Park for work, and always interested in seeing new shops.

Thanks for reading, Manhattan Aquariums, Coral Theory.

Lookin good! I mean your tank.

Man, I sure would like to get one of the sump set ups from that dude @ life reef, no muss no fuss. Sort of plug n play. But wow $$$$.

Are you gonna do your own DIY????

Still have to actually start the research, as in measure the space in the cabinet, figure out what will fit. You might want to check pro flex sumps, they are my next sump of choice and not that expensive at all.

My niece and nephew are still undecided on the names of the new fish.

The rainfords is either Goby the goby or goby one.

The yellow clown goby is either Big Bird or Georgio.

:D

SO cute! Did she squeal! :lol:

She's happy.

The rainfords goby has been in hiding, luckily the hiding spot is near the glass so I can see him.

The yellow clown goby, true to their personality, has perched on my coral in full view of the tank. Very bold little guy (but then it is lights out at the moment).

I'm not liking this Aqualifter, it is like an IV drip. Here is my setup:

Cabinet with reservoir and Tom's

IMG_20120206_225251.jpg

Tubing in the back, the height is substantial, how have other RSM owners used the aqualifter?

IMG_20120206_225215.jpg

I can;t help feeling the drip is slower than the evaporation! The pump has been on forever.

Help!

I still have the 1200 and it works OK since I lowered the float, but I think I'm gonna try the Stevie T idea of putting a hose clamp somewhere on the tubing to slow the flow.

Whew! I didn't realize I was so far behind. Looks like you do have a miracle tank with that regrowth. How's the brain? Where did it end up? We don't want you to lose your brain :P

I like the new rockscape... the arch on the bottom right and the macro on top. I definitely need to get me some of that. It doesn't seem to be popular at all on my local forum :(

No need to be concerned with those flat worms. I have a gazillion bagillion in my tank. Mandarins think they're yummy.

Flat Worm Exit is a good way to crash a tank.

I agree. I have read about flatworms a good bit because I got the red kind once. I wouldn't worry about the clearish ones and I would be too scared to use Flat Worm Exit. Just start worrying if you get the red ones... they never caused me any harm but multiply fast and are just ugly. I managed to keep them under control though with a sixline wrasse and good parameters.

oh but i will have the TS! and my niece shrieking if I shriek (Dingbat scares me!)

lol were you scared Dingbat was going to pinch you?

My niece and nephew are still undecided on the names of the new fish.

The rainfords is either Goby the goby or goby one.

The yellow clown goby is either Big Bird or Georgio.

:D

Kids come up with the funniest names.

Hope Atlanta treated you well!

Is it like green bubble algae but purple?

Green bubble algae is very transparent, this is not as clear and then it has orange spots where green bubble does not have any spots.

First thought: it is red bubble algae. Second thought: very slow grower.

please god! please no dora, diego, or the like. i can handle max and ruby, but one more bad kids cartoon and i may hurt myself. :lol: looking good kat, keep it up

Funny you should say that, Big Bird was originally going to be Dora till I convinced my niece it was a boy.

gotta stop letting the youngin's namin the fish. my kids want to name the fish all kinds of crazy garbage.