inTank Media Baskets

Kat's Ol' Max

metrokat

Kat, this is the 130D version? I'm getting a red sea max, but it comes with the regular pc lighting...

I want pitchurs, would love to see how is tank is progressing. :flower:

DeAtHtOpOoPiE

I have had the same problem in mine and here is how I fixed it. about my tank i run 2 eheim 600's instead of the stock pumps, i have an original stevie T basket made of eggcrate, in there i run chemipure, purigen and pillow stuffing. i also have a tunze skimmer, and mp10w first i siphoned out the back chambers and checked the media thinking crap on that was causing the problem, but it wasnt that. Then i tried the surface skimmer you are using and didnt really like that it seemed as if it caused me more problems, so i switched back to the original wall one. after that i was stumped, but then the light flipped on its a balance, with the new pumps and the mp10 my flow in the back chambers increased. so my pillow stuffing was getting dirty within a day and restricting flow which in turn caused microbubbles, and debri in my tank. so now i use less stuffing and change more often. Also i moved my heater next to the tunze since i have room in that chamber instead of being by the baffle, that helped increase my flow also in back chambers. i couldnt use that surface skimmer because i couldnt get the flow balance right, with the original wall one i run my water high enough that it surface skims and with the increased flow my surface stays clear. I hope this gives you some ideas to mill around with and good luck.

Changed the floss, had the skimmer off for 2 days, no drop in schmutz so at the next WC I will siphon out the crap in the back chambers and see if that helps. The frags I've placed in here are doing great. My pretty prized purple hornets had started melting in the BC, had not opened in about 10 days or so. In here they all opened up! wow.

Params are looking good. This baby has been wet for 4 weeks now. woot.

Kat, this is the 130D version? I'm getting a red sea max, but it comes with the regular pc lighting...

I want pitchurs, would love to see how is tank is progressing. :flower:

Yeah this is the 130D. They come standard with T5's which are power compacts.

I will update pics for sure.

I have had the same problem in mine and here is how I fixed it. about my tank i run 2 eheim 600's instead of the stock pumps, i have an original stevie T basket made of eggcrate, in there i run chemipure, purigen and pillow stuffing. i also have a tunze skimmer, and mp10w first i siphoned out the back chambers and checked the media thinking crap on that was causing the problem, but it wasnt that. Then i tried the surface skimmer you are using and didnt really like that it seemed as if it caused me more problems, so i switched back to the original wall one. after that i was stumped, but then the light flipped on its a balance, with the new pumps and the mp10 my flow in the back chambers increased. so my pillow stuffing was getting dirty within a day and restricting flow which in turn caused microbubbles, and debri in my tank. so now i use less stuffing and change more often. Also i moved my heater next to the tunze since i have room in that chamber instead of being by the baffle, that helped increase my flow also in back chambers. i couldnt use that surface skimmer because i couldnt get the flow balance right, with the original wall one i run my water high enough that it surface skims and with the increased flow my surface stays clear. I hope this gives you some ideas to mill around with and good luck.

Thanks poopie, I'm going to clean out the back first then work on the trouble shooting tips from the RSM website. I did lower the surface skimmer but it does not seem to have cleared the debris in the water. I'm about to remove it entirely now and see.

Are T5s related to PCs?

Essentially they are the same technology/family of lights. (I'm not too knowledgable beyond cursory info however). T5's are thinner bulbs which do not arc at the end. They have higher intensity and lumen ratings or whatever. Rated better for reefs and macros than PC's although both will work just fine depending on what is in your tank.

PARTAY TONIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! KG!! wake up.

egyptian.gif

ATO is running! I even moved the reservoir inside the cabinet. I have to top up the reservoir tonight.

RO/DI unit has still not been installed so I am still doing the distilled water thing.

Camera is not broken, in fact TS took some pics. I've just been swamped of late and I travel in a couple of days. My birfday is tomorrow, my nephew just reminded me. ha.

Micro bubbles are still there, changing the floss helped get some of the shmutz out, also removing the surface skimmer helped as well. Still have to siphon out the back chambers, have been lazy. After gym tonight maybe.

ATO is running! I even moved the reservoir inside the cabinet. I have to top up the reservoir tonight.

RO/DI unit has still not been installed so I am still doing the distilled water thing.

Camera is not broken, in fact TS took some pics. I've just been swamped of late and I travel in a couple of days. My birfday is tomorrow, my nephew just reminded me. ha.

Micro bubbles are still there, changing the floss helped get some of the shmutz out, also removing the surface skimmer helped as well. Still have to siphon out the back chambers, have been lazy. After gym tonight maybe.

Glad you got the ATO up and running.

It seems a lot of folks have the bubbles in the RSM at first, but they will go away.

Ya'll have a happy birthday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HBD Kat.

YGPM.

Thanks!!!

You're buying me corals for your birfday?! woo!! omgomgomg

happy bday :ninja:

:) if you're buying me a beemer. :)

That would be the ultimate reefer birthday, everybody bring corals for the birthday gal. And take home coral goody bags. :rolleyes: