Top Shelf Aquatics

Kat's Ol' Max

metrokat

Moved SPS over! :huh: I hope it does better in this tank than the BC which I think has a light issue.

So, livestock in this tank:

Assorted Mushrooms

Neon Green Vermiculata

Bali Green Slimer

Yellow Porites

Pale green Milli (brown now)

Evil Eye Acan Echinata

ORA Spongodes

Assorted Zoas

Nuc Greens

Assorted macros

Some pics as requested, honestly there is nothing to show yet.

HH macros, ID on the green anybody?

IMG_3731.JPG

Green Leather still PO after being moved here

IMG_3733.JPG

Blue Knuckle hermit from John Maloney, coralline encrusted shell

IMG_3734.JPG

I'm not feeding this tank so I'm a bit concerned that since the algae was cleaned up, my billion CUC members have nothing to eat. Suggestions?

That's not the red I'm thinking of, the red I'm thinking of is like hair algae but it grows like cheato.thin like thread, looks & feels like a wet knot of thread....nasty stuff

I know I'm a day late, but Happy Birthday!

If you're worried about the CUC eating, algae pellets seem to be the best supplement. Some people use nori, but I've never gotten my snails to show interest in it. Or they'll just start eating your macros, which is why I have no ulva any more. <_<

Kat, these adds that showing as banners on NR...

JQEWMJ4YMVHYNHD6PFSFNG.jpg

are probably your fault. (or my gf's browsing history of pininterest and #### are ####ing my reef site)

Your loves of shoes and reefing need to be seperated like church and state.

Love the max so far, the rock is very live. Keep it up!

Edited by Kylebeano

LOL glad your able to start moving stock now! I would have moved all the corals at once and then worked on your livestock slowly but I am impatient!

Kudos for taking it slow!

Kat did uncured rock - so it was a smart move that she waited. Most of us that do transfers it seem use BRS dry . I used uncured for both initial and transfer(but I cured for 3 months in buckets before the transfer)

Kat did uncured rock - so it was a smart move that she waited. Most of us that do transfers it seem use BRS dry . I used uncured for both initial and transfer(but I cured for 3 months in buckets before the transfer)

Oh I know, I remember the GLR she got.

Thought the cycle was over weeks ago though? Felicia was the one who had the mini cycle not too long ago.

yes the tank cycled by week 2 but I like to wait. Even TS is getting impatient. He points to each thingee and says "where will this go?" :rolleyes:

I'm watching the corals, some do better here than the BC, some do okay. The SPS might have gotten a good jolt, the milli has big PE which I have not seen before, and the evil eye echinata seemed very happy. Yellow porites are very boring and I can't tell if they are alive or growing or what. I did loose several SPS in the BC, at first I though tit was my calc but I was reading the test wrong, so it has to be the light, I had it dialed down and that was not a good idea.

I have disconnected the ATO for my trip, the water level seemed to rise slowly since a couple of days and it worried me.

I know I'm a day late, but Happy Birthday!

If you're worried about the CUC eating, algae pellets seem to be the best supplement. Some people use nori, but I've never gotten my snails to show interest in it. Or they'll just start eating your macros, which is why I have no ulva any more. <_<

Thanks!!!

are probably your fault. (or my gf's browsing history of pininterest and #### are ####ing my reef site)

Love the max so far, the rock is very live. Keep it up!

Ha ha!!! Thanks, 2 more weeks and maybe just maybe the BC is going to be retired.

ApiratenamedJohn

Separated like church and state? So she needs to say they are separate but include shoes in everything as much as she possibly can? Lol

Ha ha!!! Thanks, 2 more weeks and maybe just maybe the BC is going to be retired.

:( that BC has been such an inspiration to me in my reef obsession. i cannot stand to think of such things! i think you need to start a memorial thread so we can all share how your BC touched us. when you tell us it is finally over i might wear black for a couple days... you're the tops Kat!