ReefCleaners.org

Kat's Ol' Max

metrokat

Looking good! You have the 'scape skills down to an art. You are right, dry rock 'scapes mean you can do some crazy stuff - and with a few little tricks you can get them colored up faster tha you would think. Still, the live rock you used is very very nice!

:huh:

This tank would look good with bubble algae and bryopsis

LMAO I had aiptasia and bubble algae on my frags. I ended up with a bubble algae infestation and Bryopsis after I bought frags from them.

WOW!!! Incredible shots!!!!!!!!!

Thank you sir!

Looking good! You have the 'scape skills down to an art. You are right, dry rock 'scapes mean you can do some crazy stuff - and with a few little tricks you can get them colored up faster tha you would think. Still, the live rock you used is very very nice!

John!!!! :wub: I've missed you, how is business and the 'scaping? so this tank is going to get moved to another location about 10 ft from where it is right now, I'm terrified that the rock will tumble, not the ones that are emacoed down bu the ones with just epoxy. :scarry:

LMAO I had aiptasia and bubble algae on my frags. I ended up with a bubble algae infestation and Bryopsis after I bought frags from them.

:o

Edited by metrokat
so this tank is going to get moved to another location about 10 ft from where it is right now, I'm terrified that the rock will tumble, not the ones that are emacoed down bu the ones with just epoxy.

OMG! Kat, your tank is looking so fabulous! Everything looks so happy and healthy.

Please let us know about the tank move. I'm going to have to move my tank once summer comes and the temperatures start to rise, but I'm already having nightmares about it. :scarry:

How's the struggle with the microbubbles going? Solved?

OMG! Kat, your tank is looking so fabulous! Everything looks so happy and healthy.

Please let us know about the tank move. I'm going to have to move my tank once summer comes and the temperatures start to rise, but I'm already having nightmares about it. :scarry:

How's the struggle with the microbubbles going? Solved?

Thanks! I did my first real WC yesterday using my Red Sea Coral PRO salt. And the corals blossomed! Thanks to KG and MJ1200, a 5 gallon change took less than 5 minutes. wow.

Microbubbles are an ongoing thing, but since I put in the chemi pure elite and purigen in the chamber of death rather than the stock carbon and those ceramic thingees, I see less bubbles.

Oh my! 10 feet or 10 miles, I think you still need to get the water and rock out, right?

no no I can't do that! The scape is glued down! the rocks are not stacked/loose. I'll be lowering the water yes but not sure if that will help much. :huh:

Thanks! I did my first real WC yesterday using my Red Sea Coral PRO salt. And the corals blossomed! Thanks to KG and MJ1200, a 5 gallon change took less than 5 minutes. wow.

Microbubbles are an ongoing thing, but since I put in the chemi pure elite and purigen in the chamber of death rather than the stock carbon and those ceramic thingees, I see less bubbles.

no no I can't do that! The scape is glued down! the rocks are not stacked/loose. I'll be lowering the water yes but not sure if that will help much. :huh:

The scape is glued to the tank??? And why don't you have a media rack yet???? I'm sure Stevie will custom make you a pink one.

Been good here, currently working on a 375 gallon 'scape - waiting on an Emaco shipment to arrive to get it finished. Have some new frag plugs and the first round of the pico sized frags/frag plugs starrted in the frag tank. Just acid washed a couple hundred pounds of rock to get ready to build some nano and pico 'scapes.

On the move, just go slow - I've moved fully 'scaped tanks before just fine. The Emaco will be solid, watch the epoxy joints, but they should be fine. Looks like your structures are pretty stable - not like some of the long skinny spans I've been playing with! Good luck!!

The scape is glued to the tank??? And why don't you have a media rack yet???? I'm sure Stevie will custom make you a pink one.

Because my stock skimmer works and I'm not replacing it to use the media basket.

The scape isn't glued to the tank silly Mark, but it will not come out of the tank in one piece as it is heavy and I don't have a lift.

On the move, just go slow - I've moved fully 'scaped tanks before just fine. The Emaco will be solid, watch the epoxy joints, but they should be fine. Looks like your structures are pretty stable - not like some of the long skinny spans I've been playing with! Good luck!!

Will do. Scared but don't have a choice.

holy bat turds... I take a few days off and when I come back I'm immortalised in Kat's signature!? wow...all I need now is one of your used heels and I can die and go to the big tank in the sky...

You know DL, the next episode of Kat radio has a surprise just for you.

Sum bich...I can't wait. sadly I gotta work up in Chicago this weekend, so if it comes out before Monday I won't be able to listen...on a more positive note I do get to put in close to 30 hours at Shedd B)

Oh my! 10 feet or 10 miles, I think you still need to get the water and rock out, right?

Mine is coming out! I am having to move it to a new stand here in a few weeks, and I plan on draining all the water down as far as possible. I plan on having the rocks in 5 gallon buckets, or I may just get a giant rubbermaide for this one and put everything in there while we move it as the Blenny lives in a rock and the SPS I have now will need to have room..... So no stacking rocks for me in buckets. -_-

Why are you moving your tank?

Looks great BTW

Thanks. It's outside the kitchen where the breakfast table needs to be. Not that anybody eats breakfast on it. :rolleyes:

So this tank moves 10 ft to the other wall but has no electrical outlets so I have to first have those built in. Scheduled for next week, I've been very stressed about moving the tank and cannot remove the rocks to do it. I don't even have buckets to drain more than 10 gallons of water either. so this is already keeping me up at night.

Edited by metrokat

The Mussel

IMG_20120225_115650.jpg

Suns. Guardians of the cave.

IMG_20120225_115619.jpg

The center tower

IMG_20120225_115602.jpg

Leaning tower of MAX

IMG_20120225_115534.jpg

Jungle on the left

IMG_20120225_115807.jpg

Hopefully you can see my cave system, every rock was placed with an elaborate cave system of all types because I want to add a lot of gobies and hope there are no turf wars. I'm getting very tired of my mushrooms misbehaving and the large blue knuckle crabs toppling everything including frags that are in the sand bed. I hope tomorrow to spend all day gluing the rest of my stuff down and making the tank pretty. Next week I get TWENTY FOUR FRAGS, mostly SPS from TinyGiant so I'm super excited.

Edited by metrokat