SaltCritters.com

40G SPS Masterpiece *New Coral Pics*

scottyreef

i am very happy with my MH i am plaaning on getting another light with T5HO supplement lighing so i can lower my K range degree and just make the T5's actinic range so i can get more growth without sacrificing my blue light range.

As for the CAD T5HO i know a lot of people on here ae very happy with here CAD brand light but my concern is its overall quailty of the fixture since i am grwoing mianly SPS that have ahigh light demand and i didnt want to put there in danger so i went for the cheaper tank and i use a good lighting source i can relay on. But I think if you are going for a more broad tank and not focusing on high light demaning corals i think it will work just fine

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• scottyreef

• pismo_reefer

• Jacobnano

• lilredneckman

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ok the much awaited tank unpdate

FTS

IMG_1570.jpg

My new lettuce Nudi going after my bryopsis

IMG_1577.jpg

I am getting some really wierd growth out of this Acro of mine. the tips are getting really long and some are starting to fork

IMG_1576.jpg

I installed my new Vortech MP20 or i got rid of my 4 koralia nano's

IMG_1575.jpg

I got a new piece of Purple haze monti for trade this weekend

IMG_1556.jpg

my Shawn Bennett Yellow Tort

IMG_1581.jpg

You happy with the MP20? I like the looks of that pump, plus the fact that I can upgrade it to the 40 if necessary makes me feel better about trying the 20 first.

i like it now when i first got the mp20 it keep binding up on the wet side but after it broke in it hasnt stopped. I also like that i can upgrade to the mp40w for olny about $100 so it gives me some versatility. I have it programed to reef crest mode to randomize my flow i highly recomend it if you are in the market for a good powerhead

Do you guys think that a 250watt HQI and 4 24watt T5HO's is too much for this tank. i am in the process of buying a Outer Orbit Pro which is 355watts?

No, I think it will look awesome, just start it high if you can.

You got some really nice corals thats for sure!

That lettuce nudi is totally mowing down!

Edited by SeeDemTails

Scotty thats what I have over my 26 gal. I changed out the stock bulbs.

I running 14K Ushio, 1 ATI Blue special, 1 K-figi purple and 2 Giesemenn Pure actinics.

I think I might take out one the the geisemanns and add another ATI blue special.

yeah well that settles it i am buying tthe outer orbit pro but i think i am going to change the bulb arangment though i want to put a 21k Giesemann megachrome that i am so fond of and put two 10k or 6500k lights and two actinics i am not sure which yet. either the Giesemenn Pure actinics or ATI Blue specials?

yeah my lettuce nudi is chowing down but if he gets annoyed by something he doent eat any bryopsis the rest of the day for some reason

Edited by scottyreef

I keep a 250w over my 20H and plan to add some T5's sooner or later. Those pictures look awesome, I really want to get a nice camera some day.

on my current fixture 150w HQI right now is a 21k Giesemann megachrome

And thank you all for your comments. I think this tank is one of the only things thats keeps me relatively sane nowadays

Thanks a lot about the color comment i am really try my hardest to get great color out of my livestock. the 21k bulbs helps alot in the process and yes the bulb is pricey about $100

Well it looks like i need to get a Mithrax "Emerald" Crab again because i was doing some routine last night and i found a small but worrying patch of Green Bubble alage behind some rocks.

I dont want this crap to spread because a few years back when i was a reefing noob i thought i looked really interesting and i let it grow and it took over my tank covering my powerheads and running rampant over over my LR.

I am going to try to find a small one so it doesnt cause damage to my one fish and lettace nudi because i know if i get a large one it might start going after my livestock.

Oh no! Bubble algae is a huge pain, but at least manual removal isn't as bad as GHA. Quick question for you, have you noticed any changes in your lettuce nudi's workaload? I've also been in a fight with some nasty bryop. algae and I'm trying to wipe it out. Part of it is having a tank that gets some natural sunlight each day, but I'm not overfeeding anymore and I've got a strong refugium going. I've started to think that a nudi might help me gain the upper hand and let my refugium really take hold of the tank and prevent a regrowth if I could just knock it down enough. If the nudi's don't seem to work it might be blackout time...