Pod Your Reef

40G SPS Masterpiece *New Coral Pics*

scottyreef

you are right but seeing all this skimate made me think i wonder if it good for anything? I want to take a sample of it and put it under a micro sccope to see what is actully in there. But first i need to enty this thing it getting a little too full

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• scottyreef

• pismo_reefer

• Jacobnano

• lilredneckman

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

thanks yeah it is i a pretty grossed out and impresses at the same time. Spankey said he will be sending them out on either tuesday or wednesday i am pretty stoked

lilredneckman
thanks yeah it is i a pretty grossed out and impresses at the same time. Spankey said he will be sending them out on either tuesday or wednesday i am pretty stoked

I love that feeling when that little box arrives at the front door!

well i lost one of the two oregon blue torts today it RTN'd over night and there was nothing i could. Man i hate losing corals expescially when they are $80 a pop well i guess it gives me more room for other corals oh well

AcroporaLokani
well i lost one of the two oregon blue torts today it RTN'd over night and there was nothing i could. Man i hate losing corals expescially when they are $80 a pop well i guess it gives me more room for other corals oh well

What happened? Was the ALK low? I lost a few when I moved my tank because of low ALK.....

Edited by AcroporaLokani

no it was fairly new only about two weeks old my alk was fine it so was my CA i just dont think it was very healthy. Also I think i put it in a bad area in my tank more off to the side than right under the HQI so i might not of got enough light. everything else is doing great, its always the nice expensive frags i lose and not the cheap ones

Ahh thanks guys. i am pretty much over it now but this weekend i am going to do some cleaning and some up keep on my return pump. I changing it out to a Maxi-Jet 1800 that came in the mail today i also am going to due some weeding and get some macro alage over growth out of my tank before i get my shipment from spankey on 17th (me and him had to change shipping date due to conflicting schedules)

I'm starting to get patch of the evil bryopsis in my tank and over the last week i have been raising my MG level to help rid me of this pest. but after doing some reading in how to rid myself of bryopsis it says to add lettuce nudibranchs to help control the population and keep it from spreading. Does any one have any exprience with using lettace Nudis with the control of bryopsis

IMG_1534.jpg

I'm starting to get patch of the evil bryopsis in my tank and over the last week i have been raising my MG level to help rid me of this pest. but after doing some reading in how to rid myself of bryopsis it says to add lettuce nudibranchs to help control the population and keep it from spreading. Does any one have any exprience with using lettace Nudis with the control of bryopsis

IMG_1534.jpg

Hey Scottie- Wow there is so much info on your thread... I couldnt stop reading... I just bought a Cadlight 22 Gallon - which should arrive on Tuesday.. I read most of your posts about your 22 Gallon, and I must say - you have done a great job on your nano- im really impressed...Not sure about the vodka dosing- probably because I have never heard about that particular method until now...I have so many questions because I would really like to model my 22g after yours... But first - let me comment on the lettuce nudibranchs' Ive used... They didnt seem to have the affect on the bryopsis I have in my 37g tall... They just seemed to wonder around aimlessly until i could not find them anymore... They looked nice for the moment I had them- but then, they were gone! Im still struggling with bryopsis in my tank- I'll ask more questions about your 22g as soon as i can digest the amount of info in your thread.... Great job Man!

Edited by tcobos
Hey Scottie- Wow there is so much info on your thread... I couldnt stop reading... I just bought a Cadlight 22 Gallon - which should arrive on Tuesday.. I read most of your posts about your 22 Gallon, and I must say - you have done a great job on your nano- im really impressed...Not sure about the vodka dosing- probably because I have never heard about that particular method until now...I have so many questions because I would really like to model my 22g after yours... But first - let me comment on the lettuce nudibranchs' Ive used... They didnt seem to have the affect on the bryopsis I have in my 37g tall... They just seemed to wonder around aimlessly until i could not find them anymore... They looked nice for the moment I had them- but then, they were gone! Im still struggling with bryopsis in my tank- I'll ask more questions about your 22g as soon as i can digest the amount of info in your thread.... Great job Man!

wow thank you very much for the complents. the 22g CAD is a great tank and is built and designed very well. I have had a few years of reefing and i have learned what not to do most of reefing that i learned is from trail and error and i have made my share of mistakes almost to many to count to be honest. Vodka dosing in short is a way to increase your beneficial bacteria population that in turn will help lower your NO3 and PO4 levels (Nitrates and Phosphates) but it is for reefers with some experince not for novices. Yeah i think your right on the lettuce nudi he just seem to eat film alage and hasnt touched the bryopsis. well if you have any question dont hesitate to post on this thread or send me a pm. Good luck on your tank man

Vodka Dosing Info/Instructions

http://www.reefkeeping.com/issues/2008-08/nftt/index.php

Edited by scottyreef
Damn! where'd you get that pokerstar?

NR member spankey that guy always hooks me up with some sick sh!t i dont want to say the price because i got it sooo CHEAP and the superman, and the rainbow is also freak'n sweet those are just bad pic's. I will take some more tonight to give you guys a better idea

wow this tank is awesome! Arent you from Sac? Move back so when your stuff grows out I can get it from you! I have been having a hard time finding a few pieces you have....that pokerstar is sssaaawwweeeet!

wow this tank is awesome! Arent you from Sac? Move back so when your stuff grows out I can get it from you! I have been having a hard time finding a few pieces you have....that pokerstar is sssaaawwweeeet!

yes my house is in roseville but right now i am on a contract in WV for the next couple months. well i know the guys at yourreef has some nice stuff there in roseville but you best thing is to find a reefer like NR member spankey make friends with them and get some of there corals there are most times cheap than buy from vendors.here I have made three or four orders from him to get this stuff. He always has stuff for sale at good prices you can drop him a line and i think he has more stuff like what he sold me. It took me a while to find a pokerstar that good and for the price he sold it to me for. I wont tell you how much i paid but it was more than 1/2 the price of any other person i have seen sell them for.

WellI guess i have four extra koralia nano's because i just got a new Vortech MP20 yesterday and i just put in on my tank tonight. It took quite a bit of adjusting it bound up a few time and i had to adjust the gap pins to get the right movement of of this guy it after a while i got it up and it work great. I programmed it to operate on reef crest mode and after taking out the four koralia i have freed up some space up top. So i think i am going to redesign my frag rack to go across the whole top of the tank.

I will post a new FTS tommrrow to see all my new changes and frags

ya john at YR has some awesome stuff, sometimes it is just hard to get him to frag it and make it fit my budget. I am starting to make more reefing friends out here, hopefully soon I will find one with similar tastes in coral!

I really want an mp20 for my tank but I think I will have to settle for my koralias for now. Ive got 2 k1's and I think I might add a nano as well.

Again awesome tank!

Sorry, a bit late to the party. Are you happy with your choice in lighting? Do you feel that you wouldn't have been able to keep your SPS with the 4-24W T5HO's? Just curious, as I am debating lighting right now on that very tank.