Pod Your Reef

40G SPS Masterpiece *New Coral Pics*

scottyreef

the tunze 9002 DOC is a A+ skimmer i am the kind of person if my skimmer work well theres no point introducing one that i might have to fool with. as for the noise from the Aqua C isnt bad but i only run my skimmer at night from 9pm to 9am (reverse from my photo period) and i only feed my tank once a week some reef chili for the zoas and make sure to repenish my Mg and iodine with a little coral vite because mineral loss from the skimmer and do 2.5 gallon water change every saturday

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• scottyreef

• pismo_reefer

• Jacobnano

• lilredneckman

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I just ordered a Giesemann Megachrome Blue 21K 150watt HQI bulb and i am totally stoked for all the research i have done they are supposed to be the best quilty bulb out there and the crispness and brightness of the blue spectrum is unparalled. so i will post pics after it has significant to burn in and stablize the color spectrum

Thanks it took me almost a month to find this one it was a bit pricey but you get what you pay for i know the person i got it from still has two more of them in his tank i just got back from his place today anf they were still in there

Well i have put in a few things since my last up date i have a New Giesemann Megachrome bulb 20K bulb and few new corals

IMG_1142.jpg

I need some coral suggestions on what to get next i have quite a few SPS corals and a couple large zoa colonies which i think i might get rid of and just dont know what to get next. i dont want any soft corals or mushroom/ric so i guess i am left with LPS what would be a great dendros? or blasto? or What?

Cheers

Scott

gulfsurfer101

Those frags are all awsome. I will be looking for nice SPS in a few months after I get my aquapod 24 fully operational again. I'm currently getting rid of all my SPS so I can have a succesful tank swap. Have a good trip and hope everything is still doing s good as it looks now when you get back.

I am looking into getting some LPS I told the guy at the LFS to get some chalices and some acans in so i will see wendsday (the day they get new stock) if i want to get some from him. do you have any acdans you want to trade i got a lot of stuff

lilredneckman

I have an nice blue/red and a purple and green but i noly have 1 headed frags of each. Also i have never shipped before.

well as long as you know how to pack and ship corals it not that big of a deal you got to start sometime. are you looking for anything in particular either color or type?

lilredneckman
well as long as you know how to pack and ship corals it not that big of a deal you got to start sometime. are you looking for anything in particular either color or type?

Not really. I dont really have the money to even ship out the package right now. I just bought a few corals and replacement bulbs and a thing of salt mix. Maby in a month or so?

Edited by lilredneckman

thanks i am going to start frag up some of my larger coloines to make room for more stuff. so i will post pics of frags soon

cheers

scott

Edited by scottyreef
Beautiful! Also Scotty, where are you located?

Well my main 90 gallon show tank is in Northern Cali but what you see on this thread is with me is in Huntington, West Virginia while i am here for busniess until late Nov then it all gets shipped back to california and imagine there will so killer deals on stuff i dont weant to ship back

very beautiful scott! this tank gets better and better

thank you very much

Edited by scottyreef

well its time to either buy more corals or a new tank system. my boss brought me in to his office today told me to sit down and he gave me a huge promotion raising my salary almost 30K a year. i am at a loss for words. So i am think of getting a new custom made glass tank i just now need to find a good design and a builder

Wow congrats, that will make reefing even more fun!

He must not know how much you use the internet lol j/k!

:lol: ha your right i am on here way too much. Well he told me tha main reason i got the new title and job is that during the last fiscal year. myself and a few other of my colleagues saved AEP almost 37 millon in company profits by engineering new ways to automate and reduce industrial mercury emissions

I am now a Project Manager for Environmental Projects for AEP i presonally am a Automation and Controls Engineer. hey jump on the band wagon i need more good engineers

Edited by scottyreef