Cultivated Reef

40G SPS Masterpiece *New Coral Pics*

scottyreef

So here is the plan

I am making a 22 gallon Cadlights bare bottom reef with no fish and very little clean up crew. I havent decided that if this tank will be strickly zoa ( which i planned for) or a reef with have some SPS and LPS. the light is a 150watt Sunpod with a 14000k bulb. there will be calcium dosing and ATO and by the end of april there will be a tunze 9002 skimmer and a jbj nano chiller.

22 gallon cadlight nano (bought courtesy of oceanreeflections.com )

20lbs Live rock (bought courtesy NR's Six)

150watt 14000k sunpod ( ditching the 4X24watt T5's) (bought courtesy of NR's joncat24)

2 -Hydor Koralia Nano's (bought courtesy of NR's joncat24)

Macro Alage (cheato) (bought courtesy of NR's medachef)

Ultralife Float Switch and Aqualifter Pump (ATO)

dual head peristaltic dosing pump (dosing E.S.V. B-Ionic 2-Part Calcium Buffer)

items not bought

Tunze Skimmer Nano Doc 9002 bought but using a Aqua C Ramora

1/15HP JBJ Arctica Nano Chillers bought

items in rear compartment

Seachem Purigen

Seachem SeaGel

Boyd Chemi Pure Elite

If i missed any thing in my discription or you have any ideas please drop me a line

I will post pics soon

Cheers

I decide to get a bigger tank will be here on thrusday

Edited by scottyreef
  • Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• scottyreef

• pismo_reefer

• Jacobnano

• lilredneckman

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

yeah but i figured it would but i got a really good deal and i could always put 150 on a future tank but i will try it on this one and if it doesn't work out i will just get another light i am in no rush

yeah i am looking for 16.5" sunpod 70w hqi i am not in a rush yet i am going to see how blinding the 150w is going to be on this guy if it doesnt work out so be it. i know someone on this site will trade 150watt for a 70 watt if i was going to place a bet

bought it off Nano reef its not a big deal i got the light ,2 extra bulbs and2 Koralia Nano's for $220 shipped so i didnt lose any money in my book. i can always sell it off and break even again

I got my tank today and the glass was cracked on the bottom so i called cadlights and they are going to make me a new one this sucks i hate waiting. my new tank is going out on thrusday it look i am going to start my new tank out of a rubbermad bin for now hahahaha

I got my taank in the mail today and it is so sweet i didnt know that the glass would be so thick well i am going to set it up this weekend after i test the rock water were the LR is chilling i will post pic's as soon as i get the tank up and running

• 3 weeks later...

well here are a few pics of the new tank. all of the LR and a few frags are in my frag tub along with the 150watt sunpod. i am going to get this tank set up in about a week and half due to me being out of town

• 3 weeks later...
scottyreef

i just realized i havent posted any pic of my new tank so here it is it been running for about 3 weeks and i have added a few things but not alot i am going to tank it slow. my new tank place in my house is in a unused broom closet...man i need to get a bigger house so i can buy more stuff

IMG_0409.jpg

IMG_0408.jpg

Edited by scottyreef
gulfsurfer101

That' looking pretty F-in sweet there guy. I really like the eggcrate frag section under the over flow section. An idea I might have to use steal and use on my own.

scottyreef

thanks that frag rack is somthing i threw together until i can get a stong enough magnet to hold up my frag rack/ cheato holder that i made

scottyreef

I got some new zoa its a colony of about 300+ i brought them home and wow the color changed for yellow center to off white and the others are other good morphs i am pretty glad with what i bought

IMG_0425.jpg

IMG_0430.jpg

IMG_0429.jpg

good looking 22 gallon. I really wanted to get that tank, but I thought the display width was too short. You did a great job aquascaping with about 10" though