Cultivated Reef

40G SPS Masterpiece *New Coral Pics*

scottyreef

its friday Aug 20th my whole family has tanks so if i do bring some stuff up there will be plenty of places to put them. Um its a decent growner I would say one new eye a month or a about 1/8-1/4" of new grown a month in perfect conditions as the frags get bigger the growth will increase make sure it always has some thing to plate across of the growth will slow down significantly ( ie a free standing over hang)

Cool cool. Well that seems pretty fast to me! Ahhh that makes sense. They have to build a stronger skeleton if they aren't.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• scottyreef

• pismo_reefer

• Jacobnano

• lilredneckman

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have/had a ton more but my home computer crashed so i was just perusing my photobucket account.

Edited by scottyreef

I have a killer new piece coming very soon its a Steve Garretts "Green jacket" Acropora divaricata

His pictures and a video of the first successful graft

Acropora_divaricata_infused8_lg.jpg

Acropora_divaricata_infused7_lg.jpg

I should be here in a couple weeks because its being cut today and i want it to heal and stablize a bit before shipping

Yeah i think so too i hope i get a good piece a couple years ago i had a grafted simplex from steve but the color didnt stay and it later died after i had fell into another coral if i remember right

yup force grafting of either the extact same spieces ( very hard to do) or intoduce a different type of coral like Pocillopora damicornis to morph the coral proteins

• 5 months later...
I have a killer new piece coming very soon its a Steve Garretts "Green jacket" Acropora divaricata

What a showoff.

Ha, just kidding, that is beautiful ! :lol:

• 6 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 7 years later...

It been a long time but im back out of my cave after..... ug 9 1/2 years my 40g sps tank is long gone but it spirit still lives on . albeit in a dump some where in northern California i had a fire in 2010 and even though the tank was broke down at the time all my old reef stuff is gone . But i am building a new setup my plan is to start with a custom 210g starfire tank build from crystal dynamic and have a 24g starfire made by scaquariums for my office. After getting married having 3 kids, 4 jobs and  3 houses im ready to get back into the hobby ive loved for almost 25 years its been a long time since i started from scratch but her we go lol

also anyone in the roseville/sacramento area who want to talk or meet up drop me a line.