Innovative Marine Aquariums

40G SPS Masterpiece *New Coral Pics*

scottyreef

gulfsurfer101

Looks like you got pretty much everything in there already man. I've been trying to do some collecting myself through trades. I need to take a long look at my tank and do a revised stock list sometime soon. Most of what I'm dealing with is just frags though since my tank is only 12g+sump. I will pay cash for a frag though if you decide to frag it.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• scottyreef

• pismo_reefer

• Jacobnano

• lilredneckman

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well that sound great Gulf when i frag it up You will be first in line.

Well Last right i started the process of getting a Reef Controller. I decided on getting a Neptune Systems Aquacontroller III , A standard PH Probe and ORP and a DC8 expantion module.I would really like to get a Oxyguard Dissolved Oxygen Probe but for the price tag of $410 I think i will have to pass.

gulfsurfer101

That is some mosnster equipment. I would like to hook up a ACjr?PH probe after seeing how much good it does on glennr1978's tank. I helped him move his tank and when he plugged it back in it kept all the previouse settings from before. I wouldn't mind picking me up one for christmas as well. Not too shure I really need one runing a 12g with now 5g WC every three day though and API trace elemnets dosing in between. Everything grows like weeds. I might be looking for large zoa colonies as filler for my AP24 soon and I can get some large SPS peices that I can offer as trade.

I might actually be interested in trading for some Acans.

You should PM me pics of what you've got.

From what I can tell you've been getting into sps and I may be getting rid of some, so...

I might actually be interested in trading for some Acans.

You should PM me pics of what you've got.

From what I can tell you've been getting into sps and I may be getting rid of some, so...

ok weetie i will pm you some new pic 's tommarrow. I just did a water change and my coral are still pissed off.

On another note i will be moving my tank some time in december and i will be getting rid of quite as bit of stuff. I just put a order through at Uline for Insulated Foam Shipping boxs, more 6 mil bags and shipping labels so when i get everything in my hot little hands i will post some corals up for sale. I will be also getting rid of extra lights,skimmer, pump and what not as well

Cheers

Scott

well since i got my Pokerstar Monti from NR member Spankey it has done a lot of changing. He had under some extreme T5HO actinic light and he told me it would change color and it has.I think i like it better it looks more like other picture i have seen of this coral. I might when i get my New Outer OrbitPro Imight want to get the moreinteseblue color back but I am happy in the way it looks.

Before

IMG_1537.jpg

After

IMG_1604.jpg

gulfsurfer101

I'd like a frag of whatever you willing to offer. Maybe we can work out something like a set price for a multifrag deal of whatever you got when your ready. Your tanks is one of the one's I like on here with a few others that I have posted on recently. I really like the SPS look and you got a lot of interesting stuff that I'd like.

Yeah sounds like a plan Gulf. Thank you very much for watching my tank progress its came a long way.

It scares me sometimes to think how much i have spent on such a small tank compared to the a lot largers systems i have had in the past. I am a bit scared to sit down and tabulate the overall price but is somewere in the $4000-5000 range very possibley more.....and the number grows with all the new stuff i have planned.

So Gulf and everyone else Stay Tuned for some major changes

gulfsurfer101
Yeah sounds like a plan Gulf. Thank you very much for watching my tank progress its came a long way.

It scares me sometimes to think how much i have spent on such a small tank compared to the a lot largers systems i have had in the past. I am a bit scared to sit down and tabulate the overall price but is somewere in the $4000-5000 range very possibley more.....and the number grows with all the new stuff i have planned.

So Gulf and everyone else Stay Tuned for some major changes

I can definatley relate, my 12g is the smallest sytem I have ever run but already there's no telling how much I've put in there. I'm having to slow down since I'm becoming more limited for space so no room for filler until I get my AP24 in motion. I'll defintaley have to check back in on you tuesday and if you got lot's of stuff, I might get the newly assembled Corpus Christi reefers on this site in on a small GB to reduce shipping cost and efforts on your half making it easier to ship to one location. I know the guys down here would love to get their hands on some quality SPS.

ok Gulf i will keep you updated.

Well a little problem happened in my tank over the past few nights. My light system didnt turn off for over 60 hours. I was on the road for a few days and my timer somehow didnt turn off and was stuck on the on postion.

A few of my coral suffered my Purple haze bleach out a bit, I had a acan colony recede, I had a part of my large green slimer bleach a bit but everything is still alive and double checked my Timer so it wont happen tommarrow. I could of been alot worse I think in a week or two the tank will be back in shape I just hope none of my corals die. Most of my corals took it fairly well so we will se how it goes. Wish me luck

Edited by scottyreef

Man that stinks! I know what it feels like to have light problems Hurricane Ike took out mine for over a week pretty much destroying my tank, but you said you were moving to In let me know i'd like to do some frag trading if you want to just let me know!

Thanks for you concer i really hope they recover too. i am really glad i had a lot of top off water for all the evaporation that happen during my coral cook out. these picture were just taken a few minutes ago and the polys were retracted but all the coral still have poylp extetion there were just taken a bit off guard

My slimer before a month or two back but you get the idea

IMG_1244.jpg

My slimer after

IMG_1610.jpg

Purple haze before

IMG_1598.jpg

Purple Haze after

IMG_1614.jpg

Too all reading this make sure that you dont leave you light on too long like 60 hours they dont like it.

On a good note the temp of the tank was only 79 all the number were ok CA,Alk and mg were a little low due to the coral needing more demand with all the extra light. But we will se folks and even if everything dies I am a postive person and all it means to me is more space for more corals :)

Edited by scottyreef

Thanks but all is not lost

Heres a FTS (sorry for the dirty glass and bad pic but you get the idea) alos this pic was taken after the lighs were off and i turned them back on just for this pic so coral were a bit pissed to be woken up

IMG_1612.jpg

Hope everything recovers!!

Oh yeah, that pokerstar monti you have. I got a mystery montipora in a frag pack yesterday, and it looks exactly like yours does now. Do you think yours is getting too much light or too little?

On a side note about tabulating costs for everything, I've kept track of almost every expense that's gone into my little 10g tank, and it's topping $3000 now...

Edited by nematoad
ok Gulf i will keep you updated.

Well a little problem happened in my tank over the past few nights. My light system didnt turn off for over 60 hours. I was on the road for a few days and my timer somehow didnt turn off and was stuck on the on postion.

A few of my coral suffered my Purple haze bleach out a bit, I had a acan colony recede, I had a part of my large green slimer bleach a bit but everything is still alive and double checked my Timer so it wont happen tommarrow. I could of been alot worse I think in a week or two the tank will be back in shape I just hope none of my corals die. Most of my corals took it fairly well so we will se how it goes. Wish me luck

Wow scottie- sorry to here that- i bummed - your experienced - if anyone can bring that tank back to life (U can)! cheers from Southern California

sucks about your tank scotty.

more motivation to get a controller i guess. i have an ac jr and i love it. it does everything for me. lights, heat, chiller, fuge, wavemaker. all kinds of options. i suspect the ac 3 has even more, including the online capabilities

gulfsurfer101

Oh that suck man. Same thing happend to me while I was out camping for three days. I came home about midnight on the third night only to find my sunpod must have been on the whole time. I had no more mushrooms and lot's of stuff including my favorite favites brains was scorched. Hope you get things turned around.

thanks guys my coral after just a full day with out light are looking better i only have the lights on for four hours a day building up to more time everyother day day until i get back to my old light cycle of two 4 hour cycles per day with 8 hours off in between.

my current cycle is

2 light cycles on two hours a day increasing 1 half hour a day until i get back to normal. this way was told to me by another reefer to help combat the stress of too much light.

As of yet nothing has completly died but the acan colony is looking pretty bad with too much light exposure. it was 6 heads now its down too about 2 1/4 heads if that makes sense.

sucks about your tank scotty.

more motivation to get a controller i guess. i have an ac jr and i love it. it does everything for me. lights, heat, chiller, fuge, wavemaker. all kinds of options. i suspect the ac 3 has even more, including the online capabilities

Yeah your telling me. the sad thing is i am not that upset because i plan a pretty big design change next month, where i will have no other coral but SPS no acans and no zoas. So it really doesnt hurt too much about the acan colony die other than the money lost. I was a ACIII coming very soon so i will keep you all updated

Scott

i think your approach to getting your schedule back in check is a good one. slow is key.

have you considered feeding your corals in an effort to get them to recover faster? i don't know if it would help but it's just a thought.