• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• scottyreef

• pismo_reefer

• Jacobnano

• lilredneckman

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Oh no! Bubble algae is a huge pain, but at least manual removal isn't as bad as GHA. Quick question for you, have you noticed any changes in your lettuce nudi's workaload? I've also been in a fight with some nasty bryop. algae and I'm trying to wipe it out. Part of it is having a tank that gets some natural sunlight each day, but I'm not overfeeding anymore and I've got a strong refugium going. I've started to think that a nudi might help me gain the upper hand and let my refugium really take hold of the tank and prevent a regrowth if I could just knock it down enough. If the nudi's don't seem to work it might be blackout time...

well the little lettuce nudi and the twom small mexican turbos can only eat so much in a day but they starting to bring the number of bryopsis down . The main problem is to get the bryopsis to stop growing so he can take care of it. I have raised my Mg up little my little every day doing more water changes and cutting my light cycle down.

I more or less not feeding my tank at all. I use a pipitte to feed my fish and tiny amount and as for everything else no food. I have also been using two skimmers a Tunze 9002 DOC and a Aqua C Ramora at the same time. I have continued my vodka dosing with a .4ml dose everyday.

I run a hybrid light cycle that runs from 7am-11am and 7pm-11pm everyday

my lettuce nudi and two mexican turbos have really made a dent in my alage population but i have stopped pulling the bryopsis out by hand and now i use a tube and suck it out scaping it down as i go so the spores dont mulitply and infect the rest of my tank

You know i never thought i would say this but I am getting sick and tired of hitch hiking corals. Yeah i know most of you would love free coral but in the last few weeks i have found to decent size two ricordias, a blue and green stripe mushroom and a whole bumch of Xenia that i just pulled out and threw in to the fuge.

So if there is anyone in the Huntington WV area and wants some free corals come by and take them off my hand please i can never seem to gather enough nerve to throw them away.

hey im thinking of picking up same tank.Can you tell me how many inches from false wall to front?Im not sure if will have the area front to back im looking for though.

thanks and thats a nice setup you have.

its about 9" wide from the glass to the back wall and 23 1/2" wide and 13" deep for water level interior dimensions. the tank is 23.75"length x 14.25"width x 14.5" height. And thanks

Edited by scottyreef

Ah yes, bubble algae. Have that problem in my main tank (the smaller bubbles that really spread) and it is annoying to say the least. Staying on top of it with tweezers seems to have helped the most.

I picked up a small red mithrax crab last night and he went right to work i fugure in a few weeks my small outbreak will go down and i can remove the crab and bring him back to the LFS. Yeah i hate that stuff now since i seen what it can do if unchecked.

gulfsurfer101

I think you got a little bit of everyone's tank in here and I really like monti collection. I will have to send you a nice sum of money for a frag of each when you are ready to frag. It's looking kick ass in ther from those pics of yours.

Hey thanks Gulf, And you on when every thing get nice and grown out i want to spread the wealth to my fellow reefers and great prices. I am going to be fragging up my purple Haze very soon so everyone line up B)

ooooh purple haze! get some of the others to grow and we can make a frag pack to Roseville!

You guys and your SPS have got me addicted....I got to take some new pics but I just picked up a couple pieces from John at yourreef.com out of his display....a surf & turf nd a blue unknown acro...I guess I wil once again try my hand at sps...

well i can hook up with some of my reefer friends back in Sacramento they have some great stuff pretty what ever i have they got to a degree. Yes SPS are very addicting sometimes when people get a bad piece or from a bad supplier they get a little put off. But to tell you the truth SPS corals arent super hard to take care of. If you have the proper light,tank parmeters, and a way to remove the bad junk you basiclly set

Heres a new top down shot i took yesterday. I am really suprized in the Acro in the center the Red and Green stag was truly ugly when it was given to me a couple months back but after some time under High K light its looks really cool

IMG_1608.jpg

AcroporaLokani
Heres a new top down shot i took yesterday. I am really suprized in the Acro in the center the Red and Green stag was truly ugly when it was given to me a couple months back but after some time under High K light its looks really cool

IMG_1608.jpg

:o Again awesome colored corals. Is the pink one with the blue polyps a monti? And thanks for the link to ocean reeflectors, I'm looking up the different lights now.

Wow, nice sps scotty, working something out for a sunset monti, red cap, and green digi atm. My birdsnest is doing great but the acro browned out. Off to lilredneckman it went. Also how often do you get acro crabs, is it rare to get one cause I love the lil guys and is that a GARF bonsai or Marshall Islands tri color in the second to last pic. I would get a frag of the tri color from spankey but with shipping it ain't worth it, maybe when I have more money I'll see what else he has.

Wow, nice sps scotty, working something out for a sunset monti, red cap, and green digi atm. My birdsnest is doing great but the acro browned out. Off to lilredneckman it went. Also how often do you get acro crabs, is it rare to get one cause I love the lil guys and is that a GARF bonsai or Marshall Islands tri color in the second to last pic. I would get a frag of the tri color from spankey but with shipping it ain't worth it, maybe when I have more money I'll see what else he has.

I have four total acro crabs they are kind of rare to get now a days with all the frags i trade. Its a Marshall Islands tri color I have a extra one if you ever want to trade that i got from spankey a few months back and yeah so what i do is get a lot from him then it saves on shipping but is still murder on my pocketbook J/K spankey. He has a ton of cool stuff the problem is getting him to let them go. contact him though pm and he really flexable.

Edited by scottyreef

Yuck i feel awful today i am out of the game for a few days i am laid up on the couch with a killer flu. On the tank side i am going to be adding on a few changes in the next couple months. I am on the look out for a new light fixture. I am going to get rid of either both or at least one of my large zoa coloines. I am going to reaquascape. I am also going to put on a Neptune Systems Aquacontroller III in or a round Dec for a christmas present for myself.

hey thanks I'll try Red. Well heres a small update I have decided to get rid of all my acans they just dont meld with my reef plan .They require feeding and since i will be adding more light to my tank they wont like all the extra lumination. I have them on the bottom of my tank as it is i decided to put them up for trade pretty soon

well i pack thing pretty close only about 1-2" apart some times more but on my frag rack they are a lot closer. Just make sure that if you place you coral really close to each other make sure that they have no feeding tentacles and if they slime like green slimer give them a wider birth. and when you glue your frags down use the method of --gel super glue----aquastik putty----gel super glue. Make sure you use gel super glue because it will set up fast and it will cure undewater. I see you live in Louisville, Ky i will be move down that way this Dec so if you want to do any frag trading i will be up in Madison,IN

well they will be put up for trade after i frag them. Since i got the whole piece on trade i really domt know the frag price. So i will have to do some research but if you go good stiff i am open to to stuff i dont already have.