Innovative Marine Aquariums

Upscales Microlados Acro Grow-Out Contest sp. by Cultivated Reef

Nola Bear

11 minutes ago, spectra said:

And for all you overachievers out there...……………...

IMG_4926.jpg

IMG_4927.jpg

BOOM .. and this ass  hole takes the win.. #reefing goals... hopefully your baby frag contest  takes off and you can be like this old man.... 😉nice to see shit talk Friday is taking off ..finnally..

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
Just now, pal said:

Oh yeah your frag has frag breath!!,and thanks I went the ati test. as my Rodi is a suspect

no way. Go suck an egg

And we have a kiddygarten response. 

4 minutes ago, Weikel said:

BOOM .. and this ass  hole takes the win.. #reefing goals... hopefully your baby frag contest  takes off and you can be like this old man.... 😉nice to see shit talk Friday is taking off ..finnally..

Old man :lol: 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, pal said:

Mister Rodgers It's you I like is on WTTW right now.

Not sure he could pull of the sweater :lol:

• Like 1
mitten_reef
41 minutes ago, spectra said:

And for all you overachievers out there...……………...

IMG_4926.jpg

IMG_4927.jpg

How big is that tank, why the f would you need 8 nanobox pucks? Don’t get me wrong, I thought about putting 8 on my IM30L at one point, haha. 

And yeah that yellow monti 😍, lemme know when u got a frag. I can’t afford one right now, but maybe in a couple of months. 

13 minutes ago, pal said:

Mister Rodgers It's you I like is on WTTW right now.

11 minutes ago, spectra said:

What is WTTW?

Amd I’m not sure if that’s solid or not but I’m pretty sure Fred Rogers could #### yas up. 

1 minute ago, 1891Bro said:

What is WTTW?

Amd I’m not sure if that’s solid or not but I’m pretty sure Fred Rogers could #### yas up. 

Oh I would take Fred down...……..:lol: I may be old but can still play...………….:whoa:

• Haha 1
3 minutes ago, spectra said:

Oh I would take Fred down...……..:lol: I may be old but can still play...………….:whoa:

Well, I guess you’re a piss poor neighbor. 

And I found doody mouth Friday’s theme song. 

• Haha 2
6 minutes ago, 1891Bro said:

Well, I guess you’re a piss poor neighbor. 

And I found doody mouth Friday’s theme song. 

Yes I am...…………...:lol:

• Haha 1
  • Wow 1
11 minutes ago, teenyreef said:

I gotta admit, the best sh$t talking I ever heard was in kindergarten. It was all downhill from there.

Wow kindergarten...……………..hell that must have been a rough school...……...:wink:

• Like 2
28 minutes ago, 1891Bro said:

What is WTTW?

41 minutes ago, spectra said:

Public Broadcasting Service member television station licensed to Chicago, 

60 dollar donation gets you a coffee mug with him in a  color changing sweater. 

• Haha 1
28 minutes ago, teenyreef said:

I gotta admit, the best sh$t talking I ever heard was in kindergarten. It was all downhill from there.

Well la dee da mr fancy private school. 

14 minutes ago, pal said:

Is it really a broadcast? I’m not joking when I asked what it means. I really don’t know. I’m actually serious. 

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, pal said:

Oh I watched him on the local PBS station here...…………..

Hell old Fred is a legend.,...…..I think there were a few pedophiles on PBS around here...……...

Here's my official monthly entry. And I'd like everyone to note that I was right, there definitely has been significant and visible growth, even in the vertical direction! Last month the frag was 17mm tall, and this month it's...

Upscales Microlades

18 MM TALL!!!

I'm pretty sure the additional millimeter is due solely to the highest polyp getting all full of itself. And that, @spectra, is why we size-challenged people use the metric system. 18mm sounds so much better than .7 inches :happydance:

On the bright side, looking at it from the top down definitely shows it's encrusting nicely, with a lot more polyps at the base than it had last month.

Upscales Microlades

At that rate our frags are growing, maybe we should count individual polyps to see who wins :rolleyes:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
Cannedfish
8 minutes ago, micoastreefing said:

Counting polyps....might be nothing, might be 3 extra polyps....you never know. 😅

5/13

41662535865_39ba8de692_b.jpg

6/1

41662400445_4cc31c10e9_b.jpg

I'm going with the obvious answer: photoshop. Otherwise, I would say it's looking real a-nice!

Polarcollision
On 6/4/2018 at 10:55 AM, Cannedfish said:

I'm going with the obvious answer: photoshop. Otherwise, I would say it's looking real a-nice!

I’ve been a PS user professionally since version 3 waaaaaaay back in the ‘90s. And you, my friend, have just dropped a challenge... I have obvious growth on my frag in the last week, BUT, the f-er decided to push out a brand new branch from the base rather than reach out from its existing branches. Whatever. I have PS chops.

also, are there any other girls in this contest or am I representing?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
Cannedfish

Welp, y’all know what time it is? That’s right, North Cackalacky Ole Timey Wood  Party! Yup, the ladyfriend and I off to magestic Pittsboro, NC to get hoop skirt and pantaloons deep in the 1850’s and learn about hand tooling and such with old Roy Underhill. To put it mildly, the chances of further digit loss are high. But never mind dovetails and trips to the ER it’s also Sh$t Talk Friday!! So ladies put on your dancin’ shoes, it’s time to Tango!!

All cards on the table, my Little Frag of Destiny (LFD) looks terrible. More, specifically, it looks like one off those tiny shriveled up dog turds that occasionally grace sidewalks during the summer where the dog apparently chose its drop zone for maximum effect and its owner is a dick. Lengthy visual but the turd’s still growing (I think), and at least I haven’t resorted to counting polyps like some stiffs (*cough* @micoastreefing), mainly because we all know Louisiana’s attitude towards “figerin’ sums” higher than “upside down six.” Still that’s not an excuse... and speaking of excuses we better not hear “well my frag didn’t grow much because I was too busy winning TOTM.” Nice try @teenyreef, that line may have worked the first time, but like houseguests and fish, TOTM frag grow-out contest excuses get old after three... err wins. Also who let in @Polarcollision join? As discussed last week, I thought this contest was capped at those with kindergarten-level maturity. Every kindergartener know all girls have cooties. I was under the impression this was solely a He Man Woman Hater Contest! Call me Bobby Riggs but there no way I can beat a girl. Alas, I can feel those 1,192,327 Uzbekistani Som swimming away...

Boooooo!!!! Here’s my fecal-esque frag....

7A37868B-9E43-4D03-9948-D103EA1DE0C3.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Wow 1
This guy is extra salty

So here and again we have trash day Friday. Not to mention we have @Cannedfish talking about his “glorious” dog turd. I happened to look at mine while I was looking for my new release (banana) from the 6 week jail into general population. So every time I tried to take a picture of it I kept getting photobombedB41E0A2B-0FA9-46E5-9105-3C52C334261A.thumb.jpeg.fb5143bd6665596be8cf6623ac4511db.jpeg3785393A-A139-4A1D-A21A-A9B95A7C2671.thumb.jpeg.b6b6e60899821cc05b603019778a81a0.jpeg64A7D277-86BE-4F2A-A424-F206F1E22331.thumb.jpeg.506e260d93d938ea0e29e501fb27836a.jpeg

as i keep looking at it, seeing nothing has changed.

• Like 5
tanacharison

This trash talk Friday has me falling asleep.  Speaking of sleeping where is @Nola Bear I need to see some Red sea E260 Updates? I finally pulled the trigger and mounted almost all acros. I have a serious complex when removing corals from frag plugs. I think it comes from my early days of ripping zoas and mushrooms into small food for everything else. Congratulations @teenyreef of TOTM but that's only using up all your good luck. 😉 Everything is going right for @Cannedfish in fact his frequent stunning pics on Instagram have me screaming random profanity's at work. People are only getting a small dose of the crazy.. all the fun words come out after I get home to zero growth in my tank.

I'm officially still in the nothings changing club with @This guy is extra salty @Polarcollision I'm leaving @micoastreefing out due to an impressive increase in polyps 😂 What's going on with the beer trade? I have some dogfish head 120 I've started ageing in 2008.. I'll include it with a warning label not to go coral shopping while drinking. Can cause bankruptcy and marital problems.    

41782599605_b34b59e845_z.jpg

Microlados Island anyone?

41782599725_4378b4a6d4_z.jpg

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Wow 1
mitten_reef

this Friday is a snoozer. @tanacharison I got no beer collection to trade cuz I drink them up as I bought them 😄. so it’s hard to come up with offerings. But if u have something in mind from MI that u can’t get a hold of, I’ll be glad to look for them - exception would be Founder KBS, I’m not waiting in line just to buy beers. 

41783816845_98b09c5772_b.jpg

Edited by micoastreefing
added the frag pic from 6/8
  • Like 3
This guy is extra salty

was a snoozer @micoastreefing! I still can’t get over how old your frag rack is, i see that it has seen way better days I think his went super sayian look at these proud marksC03BD309-BDB6-4CAF-AF25-4675B26067AC.thumb.jpeg.8780ab4361a501c2dc5bbe70d97f739e.jpeg

oh snap  microlados super sayian2

EE0B9880-CA3F-4597-954E-88CD26A5EC35.thumb.jpeg.ff7a0919089b408e558a8836d0c945e3.jpeg

sorry I had to with that old as$ frag rack there was your $h!7 talk Friday lol 

• Haha 3
  • Christopher Marks changed the title to Upscales Microlados Acro Grow-Out Contest sp. by Cultivated Reef
  • Christopher Marks unpinned this topic