Cultivated Reef

Upscales Microlados Acro Grow-Out Contest sp. by Cultivated Reef

Nola Bear

Cannedfish
2 minutes ago, teenyreef said:

Yeah, but I got everyone beat in PE!!! 

Smack talking because I've never had PE before omgomgomg

Oh, and yes, that is a teeny tiny bit of encrustation at the very bottom. I'm not out of this yet!

Upscales Microlados

Yeah yeah yeah. PE this. PE that. What we all want to know is: WHAT IS THAT ACRO ON THE RIGHT?!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
mitten_reef
3 minutes ago, Cannedfish said:

Yeah yeah yeah. PE this. PE that. What we all want to know is: WHAT IS THAT ACRO ON THE RIGHT?!

IF I have to place a bet, it's either a)  ASD rainbow tenuis or b) the "it" acro - WD tenuis.  Don't you have one of those WD's, of course yours would be green and not colorful like @teenyreef's, so it's probably hard to recognize....🤨😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
3 minutes ago, Cannedfish said:

Lol, that's the Walt Disney tenuis. I don't talk about it because every time I talk about a tenuis in my tank it promptly dies. But so far this one's growing like crazy and is even starting to color up a little bit. Here's a better pic (juuuuuust happened to have one handy in my wallet):

WD Tenuis

Just now, micoastreefing said:

IF I have to place a bet, it's either a)  ASD rainbow tenuis or b) the "it" acro - WD tenuis.  Don't you have one of those WD's, of course yours would be green and not colorful like @teenyreef's, so it's probably hard to recognize....🤨😂

Nailed it!

• Like 2
Cannedfish

... my WD is doing its best to STN all over my face at the moment....

And don’t ever forget it, I can turn any acro cheap green!! ANY ACRO!!!

• Like 4

This thread is hilarious, especially with @Cannedfish's smack talking.  If there was a prize for that, I'm afraid the rest of ya'll would be eating dust. :lol:

On 4/29/2018 at 12:57 AM, Cannedfish said:

This is designer bubble algae, it’s called Erin Green Aqua-Organic Spereoids Water Lettuce and it is really expensive and exclusive.

There's a seller on ebay who offers decorative macroalgaes (I've purchased from them before) and I once saw they had a posting...

For valonia.  I legit LOL'd.  But I'd forget paying for it cuz you can get it from LiveAquaria as a hitchhiker for free!  Ask me how I know...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I  am embarrassed to post my monthly photo after seeing how nice everyone's frags are looking.  I went away this weekend and came home to my frag laying in the sand bed. Put him on a new plug , but he does not look well.

2018-05-21_11-02-48

• Sad 2

Sorry, I'm not in the contest but here's my upscale.  

I got my frag locally sometime around mid Oct. of last year.   Mine doesn't encrust much.  

cc01OH.jpg

• Like 3
mitten_reef
6 minutes ago, Asureef said:

Sorry, I'm in the contest but here's my upscale.  

I got my frag locally sometime around mid Oct. of last year.   Mine doesn't encrust much.  

cc01OH.jpg

I think you meant to say you’re not in the contest. But all the same, share away!!!!

This thread might as well double as an upscale microlados show-off thread. That way those of us with frags can daydream of what it could become. Unless you’re @Cannedfish, then you knew your acro is fated and destined to be deep green and stubby. 

• Haha 5
1 minute ago, micoastreefing said:

I think you meant to say you’re not in the contest. But all the same, share away!!!!

This thread might as well double as an upscale microlados show-off thread. That way those of us with frags can daydream of what it could become. Unless you’re @Cannedfish, then you knew your acro is fated and destined to be deep green and stubby. 

You got me before I had time to edit. :biggrin:

I have another frag in lower light, it's deep green.  

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, Asureef said:

You got me before I had time to edit. :biggrin:

I have another frag in lower light, it's deep green.  

I used to agonize over why all my corals were too green. I played around with trace elements, nutrient levels, aminos, etc., etc..

Then I added a couple T5's and all my too-green problems went away almost overnight :biggrin:

Thanks for sharing, it's nice to see what they are supposed to look like!

• Like 1
20 minutes ago, teenyreef said:

I used to agonize over why all my corals were too green. I played around with trace elements, nutrient levels, aminos, etc., etc..

Then I added a couple T5's and all my too-green problems went away almost overnight :biggrin:

Thanks for sharing, it's nice to see what they are supposed to look like!

Actually, I think it looked way better in my old 40g.  Of course, I had a macro lens then. 

The lens I'm using now sucks for this type of stuff.  

Sy94dj.jpg

• Like 2
On 5/21/2018 at 9:03 PM, Asureef said:

Actually, I think it looked way better in my old 40g.  Of course, I had a macro lens then. 

The lens I'm using now sucks for this type of stuff.  

Sy94dj.jpg

Nice! :wub:

This guy is extra salty

Well Friday is here and I’m two days early on my monthly submission 

and informing y’all it looks exactly the same lol

673F4B3B-60BB-4D51-9261-0B1CF345DBBE.thumb.jpeg.d12900fddbba409327420af0c6295d9d.jpegmaybe I should stop looking at it cause I do not see a difference. It’s the polyp extension...

that’s it next month I’m throwing out the big guns and slapping on a CO2 scrubber..

EE685BB5-3A72-4128-90EC-CD54377599D6.thumb.jpeg.d800e242a856fc6c6e8f2e2ef9310a6a.jpegD4113A03-34FF-4128-8536-23A276E38FAF.thumb.jpeg.c240031d13208cd341aba2d01ef3defb.jpeg

With pending results from everyone’s feedback on frag talk Friday, I’ll decide if I should add RSCP to the additional dosing machine...  with this beautiful picture of my rats nest of cords.. look hard as i will bask in the glory... hahaha (I’m remodeling my fish room)F52FBAD1-88F5-42AD-8864-EA64EE93948E.thumb.jpeg.6e7c7ceaf9d6d5694575468154409c25.jpeg

Time for a water change 

636DA00B-3C4C-43DC-855B-B497A4E5520E.thumb.jpeg.1bce92ab309f6152b2991940ef785adb.jpeg

I would highly recommend getting the auto aqua AWC, I have it on my frag system, and I’m debating on getting one for the 750xxl

31BC41CF-D9FA-4576-8DC5-C6D188F43936.thumb.jpeg.c4375526aa567d111ea5c674dde39e12.jpeg

Happy frag Friday!

• Like 2
mitten_reef
24 minutes ago, This guy is extra salty said:

maybe I should stop looking at it cause I do not see a difference. It’s the polyp extension...

that’s it next month I’m throwing out the big guns and slapping on a CO2 scrubber..

Sometimes I feel like a watched pot never boiled with this frag, but pretty polyps extensions here and there do make me feel less depressed on the state of the frag.  

@This guy is extra salty, I use RSCP, and very much happy with it.  Not sure if you're soliciting votes or what on your RSCP comment.  

On that second note about big guns; here's the death star (or hopefully growth star🤔?)  that will be beaming and basking beautiful rays over my tank in the near future...

42283700172_93ff444c28_b.jpg

I got nothing on the frag, still good ol boring stump, albeit a little fluffier these days.

Edited by micoastreefing
add response re: RSCP
  • Like 3
  • Wow 1
This guy is extra salty
2 hours ago, micoastreefing said:

Sometimes I feel like a watched pot never boiled with this frag, but pretty polyps extensions here and there do make me feel less depressed on the state of the frag.  

@This guy is extra salty, I use RSCP, and very much happy with it.  Not sure if you're soliciting votes or what on your RSCP comment.  

On that second note about big guns; here's the death star (or hopefully growth star🤔?)  that will be beaming and basking beautiful rays over my tank in the near future...

42283700172_93ff444c28_b.jpg

I got nothing on the frag, still good ol boring stump, albeit a little fluffier these days.

You got a hover board for your display?

Lol 

• Haha 3
Cannedfish

It's Friday and you know what that means: snowballs and comically named tropical storms! That's right, while the rest of the country celebrates a long Memorial Day Weekend, us brave and slightly intoxicated New Orleanians celebrate the unofficial start of hurricane season by generally not getting Monday off. Because as our employer overlords like to put it, "you got Mardi Gras day off." We all know this is a bunch of BS and, as a result, most (as a defiant sign of protest) won't wait till noon today to start heavily drinking. In addition to all of this nonsense, it coincidentally is also (*queues dramatic music*) SH$T TALK FRIDAYS!! And with that let's begin!

To start, although there are figuratively scores of people partaking in this contest (Sean Spicer has described it as "the most people ever"), I feel we haven't heard smack talk out of nearly enough of them. Sure, @This guy is extra salty gets on his soapbox and parades his vertically challenged frag out once a week and @teenyreef takes the time every now and again to show us what our frags would look like if we weren't so incompetent and we all know @micoastreefing would talk some sh$t but he still too distracted trying to grow coral in the dark (even @pal and @tanacharison make an appearance to show us the extreme depths of brown a frag can be if one truly commits to the cause), but there could be more. Moreover, we assuredly haven't heard enough sh$t talk from all the yahoos who aren't participating. This is puzzling, you're already missing out on growing out a nifty-acro and the chance of pocketing a over 611,249 Cambodian Riels why would you want to miss out on telling me how my frag looks more like the old french fries that lives under the driver's side seat than a living piece of coral? Much like bigfoot and Kim Kardashian's fame, I guess, some mysteries will never be solved.

With that being said, here is this week's terrible frag pic, as you all can clearly and jealously see, the growth tip has ever so immeasurably gotten bigger, which is disappointing because with @micoastreefing about to fire up the Deathstar, I feel those 491 Peruvian Sols are about to slip through my fingers. 

C28944EB-CB3B-49BF-AA9E-6AA7A9DFB199.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Haha 5
tanacharison
1 hour ago, Cannedfish said:

It's Friday and you know what that means: snowballs and comically named tropical storms! That's right, while the rest of the country celebrates a long Memorial Day Weekend, us brave and slightly intoxicated New Orleanians celebrate the unofficial start of hurricane season by generally not getting Monday off. Because as our employer overlords like to put it, "you got Mardi Gras day off." We all know this is a bunch of BS and, as a result, most (as a defiant sign of protest) won't wait till noon today to start heavily drinking. In addition to all of this nonsense, it coincidentally is also (*queues dramatic music*) SH$T TALK FRIDAYS!! And with that let's begin!

To start, although there are figuratively scores of people partaking in this contest (Sean Spicer has described it as "the most people ever"), I feel we haven't heard smack talk out of nearly enough of them. Sure, @This guy is extra salty gets on his soapbox and parades his vertically challenged frag out once a week and @teenyreef takes the time every now and again to show us what our frags would look like if we weren't so incompetent and we all know @micoastreefing would talk some sh$t but he still too distracted trying to grow coral in the dark (even @pal and @tanacharison make an appearance to show us the extreme depths of brown a frag can be if one truly commits to the cause), but there could be more. Moreover, we assuredly haven't heard enough sh$t talk from all the yahoos who aren't participating. This is puzzling, you're already missing out on growing out a nifty-acro and the chance of pocketing a over 611,249 Cambodian Riels why would you want to miss out on telling me how my frag looks more like the old french fries that lives under the driver's side seat than a living piece of coral? Much like bigfoot and Kim Kardashian's fame, I guess, some mysteries will never be solved.

With that being said, here is this week's terrible frag pic, as you all can clearly and jealously see, the growth tip has ever so immeasurably gotten bigger, which is disappointing because with @micoastreefing about to fire up the Deathstar, I feel those 491 Peruvian Sols are about to slip through my fingers. 

I can’t breathe.. too much laughter here after a long day.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Cannedfish said:

Moreover, we assuredly haven't heard enough sh$t talk from all the yahoos who aren't participating.

In addition to all of this nonsense, it coincidentally is also (*queues dramatic music*) SH$T TALK FRIDAYS!! And with that let's begin!

well, I'm not participating, but I noticed this and since I tend to be overbearing in RL, why deviate here?

Was the dramatic music to be cued to begin or was it to be queued for a later time?

https://www.differencebetween.com/difference-between-cue-and-vs-queue/

side note, sweet acro guys

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
Cannedfish
4 hours ago, xtra0t said:

well, I'm not participating, but I noticed this and since I tend to be overbearing in RL, why deviate here?

Was the dramatic music to be cued to begin or was it to be queued for a later time?

https://www.differencebetween.com/difference-between-cue-and-vs-queue/

side note, sweet acro guys

Touché salesman, however, to counter that point,  I live in Louisiana so you’re lucky I didn’t just go with Q. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
4 hours ago, Cannedfish said:

Dang there is a bubble algae farm..................................

I thought my 14 had issues..................

• Haha 1
This guy is extra salty
5 hours ago, Cannedfish said:

I see it is growing towards the Spherical water lettuce, that emerald crabs love...

thats it @Cannedfish you need crabs!

• Haha 2
Polarcollision
22 hours ago, teenyreef said:

Should we start a "Crabs for Cannedfish" gofundme? 

Maybe we can just fund $h!ttalk Friday. Benefits:

1) more amusing $h!ttalk

2) greater abdominal muscle tone due to #1

3) I hear vodka dosing helps with exotic spherical sea lettuce, maybe @Cannedfish will share with the fishies.

• Haha 3
  • Christopher Marks changed the title to Upscales Microlados Acro Grow-Out Contest sp. by Cultivated Reef
  • Christopher Marks unpinned this topic