ReefCleaners.org

Astinus' Build *A work in Progress*

Astinus

Yellow polyps only show that yellow when they are stressed. AS they relax in the tank they're a more beige. And yes they are invasive.

TY for the info :)

as to the hermits: 1- make sure every coral is glued down as the hermits will knock them off. 2-if you feed them, they will have no reason to forage for algae, and you will be contributing to what is causing algae in the first place by adding more food to the tank. wait until they've done their job before you start feeding them.

As to the Cyno: It is probably going to get worse before it gets better. The only thing that worked for me was a combination of chemical and mechanical methods. Pick up some red slime remover. Also, 3 days of total darkness. I even covered mine with a blanket so that no ambient light got in. And good luck.

• Like 1
StinkyBunny

Just Siphoned off the Cyano. :rant: And WC..now I have a damn clouded Tank :rant:

F*n Cyano. :rant: Hate that chit!

Simma down Private Parts!!! :D

The trick to yellow polyps is to put them out on a branch and keep an eye on their asses. when they start growing back towards the rock, chop and sell off the frags. We've kept M's trapped on a branch for 2 years.

• Like 2

Shar and I are concerned. I was able to fiddle with lights this morn, TY Sancho :)

A few days ago I moved the GSP to the sand bed and was doing good. Since fiddling with the lights the GSP is now all closed up.

I also noticed that the Elegance coral hasn't fully opened either. About 1/2 open.

Question, from Shar, she wants me to put the GSP back on that rock it was on. I am all for a wait and see, but, That GSP is 1 of Favorites.

As for the Royal Gramma, the "White Spots" have pretty much disappeared. fingerscrossed Hoping it wasn't Ich after all. The RG is eating well and swimming well :)

A question about our Open Brain Coral. What are these? Some kind of "Polyp looking thing" If it is "Hungry", what to feed it?

dNgPR2.jpg

U6bgEc.jpg

• Like 1

That is it's feeder tentacles! YAY! Definitely feed it. Anything really. Mysis, brine scallops...

I wouldn't panic over the gsp. they are hardy and will grow just about anywhere. sometimes mine goes a few days without really opening much.

I've never had an elegance, so can't offer much advise there, sorry

• Like 2

What's your alkalinity like bro? That's a biggie with both of those corals. Elegance and GSP both will respond negatively to a low alkalinity.

I Dose with reef Fusion 1 & 2 every other day. Every time I bring a water sample to lfs, the params are good.

The GSP opened back up. Shar is happy, Life is good.

TY :)

• Like 2
Pinner Reef

Regarding the "Hole" or that Gap I would like to place something in. Shar is expressing some concern about placing something in there and then getting "Cramped". Can U folks help us with (Shar) with ideas. I Know u all have made some nice suggestions.

For me and I think Shar, we want something with color and not brown or drab....know what I mean? TBH, I don't think I'd like a Yellow Fiji Leather.

So damn confused. Damn Corals! :rant::rant: Giving me fits! :P:rolleyes::rant: I feel like I have been :owned: "Owned".

Ok, for the record, never ask us what we should put in the hole that Shar is complaining about... That's your job, but we'd prolly jump at the opportunity

But if you were to ask me? Euphyllia ;)

frogspawn or torch

• Like 3

Ok, for the record, never ask us what we should put in the hole that Shar is complaining about... That's your job, but we'd prolly jump at the opportunity

But if you were to ask me? Euphyllia ;)

frogspawn or torch

I like both those options. Sounds good.

• Like 1

Hurray!!! Payday tomorrow! I saw some Nice looking Trumpets at my LFS. 6-10 $ a head. Also saw some other stuff.

Anyways, since I now have the light settings set, the corals seem happy. Pics to share :wub:B):P YAY!! :happy:

Favia..May be moved.

4pzs26.jpg

The Zoas look happy! :wub:

gCa2XP.jpg

Top Half of Tank

SGFi8s.jpg

Bottom Right

rPBQUL.jpg

Bottom Left

B3k9aI.jpg

Middle

UpiF4d.jpg

I am so happy that things are starting to look good :)

• Like 5

I am about to feed right now.

Should I move it under the rock on the left? If so, Should I move the Acan from the top and put it where the Bubble is?

So, Should I place the Favia on the Sand Bed?

Fed the Bubble with Spirulina Brine Shrimp.

Fed Tank with Coral Frenzy.

Yes..

The Frag was under an AI Prime. The light was about 18 inches up.

The tank that it was in was wide and shallow, the frag was about 10 Inches below Water Surface.

My Light is about 8 inches above Water surface, The Frag is about 15 inches below the Light, maybe 18 inches.

My Light settings...

50% White

Deep Blue and Blue 100%

Violet and UV are 70%

These are when full on. Full on from 11 AM to 4 PM

Ramp time 3 or 4 hrs

Deep Blue 5% over night.

Payday!! Means Pics :PB):happy:

Blastomussas and Trumpets...Thank you all for this advice from before B)

hfrkiF.jpg

Cleaner Shrimp, yeah, well, we got 1 now. I know u folks have seen these lol! :P

rRiGuS.jpg

Peach Tube Anemone! This is the Anemone I tried to describe before.

rbPSyt.jpg

Had to move some stuff around to accommodate The Peach to hopefully avoid "Issues". So, Here is the new "Scape" and Coral Placements. Had to move the Elegance. Empty space where it was.

VBH9bD.jpg

While Moving the Zoanthid colony, 2 Pieces fell off. 1 was like 3 Small Heads, can't get a Picture of. And 1 Larger Piece with quite a few heads landed on a lower rock..I like it there so...here is a Pic

0ZCywi.jpg

And now the current FTS.

KUJgug.jpg

Thank you all for following along B):wub:B)

• Like 4

New goodies look good!!! Tube anemones are not photosynthetic so you can put it wherever you want, doesn't need light. But you will need to make sure to feed it. Goniopora can also be difficult, so make sure those are getting fed as well - also heard they can be aggressive, so make sure to keep it out of the way of other corals.

Tanks looking great!

• Like 1