Cultivated Reef

Astinus' Build *A work in Progress*

Astinus

Pinner Reef

WTF they have bars in the great state you live in :o

Did lots of stuff in high school and got the buisness... wait. Maybe not, that sounds kinda ghay

lmao! I was being a Smart A$$ ;)

TBH, I really wasn't trying to call ya "Wally" Some of us old Timers, it's a cliche..."Gee Wally" :D

You're not that old! Look at poor, geriatric Stella!
  • Like 3

Just took some Pics as the Moon lights are now on :) Some pics aren't that great but some! The Colors Really POP!

H1dVJA.jpg

T2nc8y.jpg

uquT9K.jpg

And the Open Brain :)

8BwYo0.jpg

Cool brain. Before I turned the bowfront tank into a pony garden I had a wellso brain. Dave got it for me for Valentine's day. Most girls want a heart but I was thrilled to get a brain!

And all of you(Astinus, spectra, pgrVII and pinner)are younger than me. I am just realizing that I might be the oldest person I know on this forum, ha ha!

• Like 1

Did lots of stuff in high school and got the buisness... wait. Maybe not, that sounds kinda ghay

You're not that old! Look at poor, geriatric Stella!

:lol: hey!!! I'm only 41!!!!

• Like 3

More Pics! :DB):P

The New Light and Skimmer can be seen behind.

ke6sRE.jpg

FTS

tEDcBx.jpg

*Protein Skimmer. Question...Do I Have the skimmer mounted okay? Should the "Bubbles" come up a little more? Or, am I good to go?*

Hi23B7.jpg

Input regarding the Skimmer is appreciated.

• Like 3

http://www.marinedepot.com/JBJ_28_Gallon_Nano_Cube_Quad_PowerCompact_Bulb_Aquarium_Nano_Tank_with_Lighting_20_29_Gallons-JBJ_Lighting-JB7137-FIAQNCCKTLTT-JB7143-vi.html

Yeah, I Just removed the Stock Hood and added the AI Prime the other day. Right now for filtration, I am using Stock Floss, Ceramic Rings (Soon to be removed) and Carbon. To the side U see the Skimmer, there is space enough to run a bag of Phos Zorb. It comes nicely packaged in a flow thru bag. I Replace that every 3-4 weeks. Same for the Carbon.

• Like 1

More Pics! :DB):P

The New Light and Skimmer can be seen behind.

ke6sRE.jpg

FTS

tEDcBx.jpg

*Protein Skimmer. Question...Do I Have the skimmer mounted okay? Should the "Bubbles" come up a little more? Or, am I good to go?*

Hi23B7.jpg

Input regarding the Skimmer is appreciated.

That looks good to me. I usually run my bubbles up to the neck unless its really dry skimmate. If its really dry skimmate then I run the bubbles a little higher.
  • Like 1

TY VLangel, That is roughly where I have mine set. As U can see in the pic(s) the skimmate is kind of plss yellow.

TBH, I was expecting to see something more dirty, as I have seen in other threads.

StinkyBunny

WHAT THE HELL'S GOING ON IN THIS THRAD?!?!?!?!?

Wanna learn the secret to making a white bubble coral a fluorescent green bubble coral? I have detailed files.

• Like 1

Dunno why, but your name was the first that jumped into my head. Sorry for that :flower:

No your not :lol:

The White AI looks sweet! I have a black one and well wanted white.

• Like 3

TY Spectra, I Like it. Gotta get used to the timing thing. It is ramping down for tonight. Nice moon light.

and

WHAT THE HELL'S GOING ON IN THIS THRAD?!?!?!?!?

Wanna learn the secret to making a white bubble coral a fluorescent green bubble coral? I have detailed files.

I would love to try it, Stinky. That is 1 of Shar's favorite Corals.

StinkyBunny

OK, here's how you do it. y'all take notes, bookmark this shit or whatever.

Bubble corals like a low light environment, that's the biggest thing that WILL kill a bubble coral, too much light. Next, you need to feed them something with algae in it so they can assimilate it. New Zealand green lipped mussels are my go to food for this, works about 90% of the time. every once in a while you get an ass hole in there that wants to be difficult. It'll take about 6-9 months for them to go from white/beige to a nice florescent green like the one in my wife's tank.

I'll get a better pic when we clean the glass.

3T0hMps.jpg

• Like 4
Elizabeth94

Good info, I never thought they needed special care to get them to 100% health. I also thought there were two color morphs of bubble corals and some were supposed to be white. Are you saying that with proper feeding and low like they shouldn't be white like they are at the store?

I always liked the white ones.

OK, here's how you do it. y'all take notes, bookmark this shit or whatever.

• Like 1

Lighting issues aside. I am liking the skimmer. Still getting used to the depth. But I can see that it is pulling out plss yellow water and some gunge. Knowing that crap isn't in my water is nice to know. Water does appear to be cleaner too.

I need and would like some input/advice regarding a "Void" I have in my Live Rock. I want to put an LPS/Softy (Easy beginner stuff) Coral. Although I have researched some Gorgonian Corals, I would prefer something that has some nice flow to it. The space is about 4 inches wide and 3-4 inches off the Sand Bed. I would place it on a LR. Here are some pics of the space I would like to put something in.

b1mDf0.jpg

d7GoYd.jpg

q0bJxD.jpg

I Should note that There is a RBTA nearby and the Elegance Coral.

• Like 2

I need and would like some input/advice regarding a "Void" I have in my Live Rock. I want to put an LPS/Softy (Easy beginner stuff) Coral. Although I have researched some Gorgonian Corals, I would prefer something that has some nice flow to it. The space is about 4 inches wide and 3-4 inches off the Sand Bed. I would place it on a LR. Here are some pics of the space I would like to put something in.

b1mDf0.jpg

d7GoYd.jpg

q0bJxD.jpg

I Should note that There is a RBTA nearby and the Elegance Coral.

I think cespitularia would fit nicely there!

• Like 2