Top Shelf Aquatics

Reefer 350

HarryPotter

HarryPotter

Tank looks great Harold !

Thanks! I'm going to try to take a new FTS and some coral pics later after the movies.

I like ur setup Harry !!

Thanks! Ive had a ton of luck and it been pretty smooth sailing

I also bought the Amazon Fire during Prime Day solely as an Apex Display.

How's the AA top working for you? I was looking into it for my Reefer 250. Ideally I would like the tank topless but I'm afraid my fish might jump.

HarryPotter

I also bought the Amazon Fire during Prime Day solely as an Apex Display.

How's the AA top working for you? I was looking into it for my Reefer 250. Ideally I would like the tank topless but I'm afraid my fish might jump.

Nice! The tablet is great.

AA top is awesome. I had 3 fish jump before I made the investment- no regrets.

• Like 1

Yeah it's crazy that $33 can buy you a tablet these days. Sure it's not a $750 tablet but it can do almost identical functions (albeit slower ). For the simple fusion web browser it's perfect.

Especially when the (very outdated and somewhat difficult) apex display is over $100

I have an old kindle laying around from when they first came out. Would it be possible to use it with a reefkeeper via some sort of module or the nanobox set ups via blink up? It would be nice to not have to pull my phone out everytime I want to play with my lighting.

I need to empty this out

456BBBB5-584F-43F1-8113-54820F578B20_zps

yes...way too many mangroves :P

Got cheato?

I spend too much time on lawns lounge and read this in a completely different manner.

• Like 1
jedimasterben

I have an old kindle laying around from when they first came out. Would it be possible to use it with a reefkeeper via some sort of module or the nanobox set ups via blink up? It would be nice to not have to pull my phone out everytime I want to play with my lighting.

As long as it runs full Android and has access to the Google Play store, then yes.

• Like 1

As long as it runs full Android and has access to the Google Play store, then yes.

why I didnt even think of looking the app up, I dont know. :slap: lol. I was thinking along the lines of hardwiring for some reason.

I spend too much time on lawns lounge and read this in a completely different manner.

I can claim complete ignorance and have no clue how you may have read this. :P Also, I'm not sure I want to know?!

• Like 1

Could you put some freshwater fish in there to eat the larvae.

So my "in stand" ATO reservoir is full of mosquito larvae again. I guess a warm, clean never-emptying container of fresh water is a breeding ground for Floridian pests!

If I add vodka or vinegar to the top off water will it prevent the mosquitos from breeding there?

HarryPotter

I mucked up the whole tank- mixing sand, cleaning glass, stirring up the sump, etc. Put in a felt filter sock (Usually I use mesh) to clean it up quickly :)

The sock worked well

9471F039-6466-44B9-AF68-8C3B17AC3F2A_zps

3762BB34-2D98-427B-BF9D-01ADE6A4C7AA_zps

me too. wish I had room in my cabinet to put stuff.

:( Yeah without a cabinet storage is really really tough. Even with my cabinet my RODI reservoir is behind the tank in the other room.

Could you put some freshwater fish in there to eat the larvae.

Cant tell if you're joking or not. I proposed the same thing a while back in a thread I made but people really really really didn't like the idea lol

yes...way too many mangroves :P

Got rid of 1/3 mangroves. I don't really like them..... They just seem to get in the way.

Got cheato?

Nope. I prefer other types

• Like 3

Hairball don't change anything your doing as that tank looks killer.

negative. send everything to me.

I mucked up the whole tank- mixing sand, cleaning glass, stirring up the sump, etc. Put in a felt filter sock (Usually I use mesh) to clean it up quickly :)

I need a stronger return pump. It takes forever for things to clear in my tank.

HarryPotter

Hairball don't change anything your doing as that tank looks killer.

Thanks man. I was inspired to get a tan and pink goniopora from your build but my pink one died off :(

This tanks been stable. Its just simple, mechanical filtration and a lotta T5s. Nonetheless I want to get some NanoBox quads but it would take like three for me to get coverage :o

• Like 1
HarryPotter

negative. send everything to me.

I need a stronger return pump. It takes forever for things to clear in my tank.

I have the RO Dc3500. Rated to about 950gph

NO PROTEIN SKIMMER??

What?

Eh, nothing happens fast for a reason.

Not sure what you're referring to! Mechanical filtration?

Wait till you see my new light he's making for me (insert ninja emoji) my red ORA Goni is my fav! Worth every penny

ANOTHER? Lol!

I have to say that T5s have treated me well :)

Thanks man. I was inspired to get a tan and pink goniopora from your build but my pink one died off :(

This tanks been stable. Its just simple, mechanical filtration and a lotta T5s. Nonetheless I want to get some NanoBox quads but it would take like three for me to get coverage :o

I been thinking about switching my Kessil for 2 duos. Why would you need 3 quads for coverage??? 2 duos would do it.

• Like 1
  • HarryPotter changed the title to Reefer 350