inTank Media Baskets

Reefer 350

HarryPotter

HarryPotter

Looking great Harry!

Thanks Dave! Coming along well, things really taking off at this point. Moving out mid August though so we'll see if I can handle biweekly maintenance without allowing the tank to decline.

:lol: clever.

Wannabert! It's funny this Midas blenny is the first fish besides momma clown that I see as female. Wrasses, chromis, cardinalfish, etc I think of (not sure why) males!

Anyway, silly wannabert has moved from her beautiful rainbow montipora cave that's in the front of the tank to a hidden recluse on the top of the right island!

This cave was her old home :(

5D0BB660-92B0-4214-9F42-C4AF7EB7B4B7_zps

• Like 3

Wannabert. It's funny this Midas blenny is the first fish besides momma clown that I see as female. Wrasses, chromis, cardinalfish, etc I think of (not sure why) males

I'm the same way. Most of my fish I see as males. Unless I know for sure...like my GBGs. I know which is the male and which is the female. And clowns of course. Every other fish in my tank is a male LOL.

Tank looks great. I have been following your build and was inspire and got myself The reefer 350 too. Can you tell me how long did Artfully Acrylic took to make the lid? Thanks

HarryPotter

Tank looks great. I have been following your build and was inspire and got myself The reefer 350 too. Can you tell me how long did Artfully Acrylic took to make the lid? Thanks

Awesome!! Took about 5 weeks

HarryPotter

Confession: I feel compelled to take and post new photos on each page. So I'll fix this issue on this page tomorrow... But in the meantime flip back one ?

• Like 1
HarryPotter

but you posted two new pictures on this page already =P

No the rainbow cap was an old photo and a photo of an unhappy coral is worse than no photo at all :(

Odyssey350kc

Tank looks awesome, I just skimmed over the last few pages, that thing is crammed with coral, i especially like the group of rock flower anemones. Have they spawned? sorry if that was mentioned earlier, 80 pages is alot to look through.

• Like 1
HarryPotter

Tank looks awesome, I just skimmed over the last few pages, that thing is crammed with coral, i especially like the group of rock flower anemones. Have they spawned? sorry if that was mentioned earlier, 80 pages is alot to look through.

Yesterday (last page) they spawned!

• Like 1
HarryPotter

Snails all dying again. It's either because of coral warfare (Stupid leather...) or because I've allowed my RODI to give out 3 TDS or so for the last few weeks of top off and water change. I mean 3 TDS isn't "bad" really, many people use more than that. But after this water change I'll put in new resin. I get less than 80 gallons per cartridge of resin most likely due to CO2.

Made 17 frags... Acros, Christmas montipora, forest fire digitata, etc. These were small trimmings to prevent warfare so I was surprised when a local asked for a 10 pack.

A532B418-7AF5-4974-A128-19188A149497_zps

Of course after I see the snails are dead or dying I have to check on my other invert, Lucinda the clam. Not sure if I'm imagining it but it doesn't look very happy. Hmm. Maybe I shouldn't do the water change with my 3+ TDS water tomorrow and instead swap the resin and get 0 again.

• Like 5
fishfreak0114

I could very well be wrong but my guess is that the 3 TDS isn't killing the snails. I use tap (definitely higher TDS than that) and all mine are alive and well :) nice frags! How many frag racks do you have?

HarryPotter

I could very well be wrong but my guess is that the 3 TDS isn't killing the snails. I use tap (definitely higher TDS than that) and all mine are alive and well :) now frags! How many frag racks do you have?

That's true and I used to use tap water as well. It's probably the chemical warfare, I'll run some carbon and water change to see if I can help em out.

I have three frag racks. Two on the left, one on the right. Most are frags I've made myself rather than purchased though.

I wouldn't count on TDS being the problem. I use rain water all day every day with a TDS of like 30 and have never had an issue with snail die off.

• Like 1

I have been lazy about changing my filters on the RO/DI. Last week I did a water change with 3 TDS. This week I did a water change with 5 TDS. I'll probably change them this week LOL. I would bet on snail death being from lack of food. I had 5 turbos and lost 2 after a few months. The remaining 3 are thriving and reproducing :). I have tiny turbos in my tank now!

• Like 2
HarryPotter

Heres Wannabert! Really like this photo since the other unfocused fish in the foreground/background

IMG_0042_zpsogu00aew.jpg

"Lonely" Wannabert

IMG_0032_zpsxksxtng6.jpg

FTS

IMG_0029_zpsuzxthp1m.jpg

IMG_0084_zps1gywszih.jpg

Fragz
IMG_0062_zps01t3lrnr.jpg

RFA's and a bit of dirt in that low flow area :)
IMG_0066_zpsvkeqhnqx.jpg
IMG_0082_zpsly3pybuu.jpg
IMG_0072_zpsaeiygfdm.jpg

• Like 7
HarryPotter

your skimmer is pulling out such dark stuff. Mine is still tea like. I guess I need to feed more?

Thats about a week worth of skimmate. Maybe just lower the bubble level?

• Like 1
  • HarryPotter changed the title to Reefer 350