ReefCleaners.org

Reefer 350

HarryPotter

Side shot... I have too many corals. F****. 30 on the rack and another 15 scattered throughout the tank.

7B93E67E-E354-47BA-893D-E721CCAAAE0A_zps[/quote

You can always send some the way. Your corals look so healthy

So my "in stand" ATO reservoir is full of mosquito larvae again. I guess a warm, clean never-emptying container of fresh water is a breeding ground for Floridian pests!

If I add vodka or vinegar to the top off water will it prevent the mosquitos from breeding there?

Doesnt it have to be still water? what about an airline?

HarryPotter

Doesnt it have to be still water? what about an airline?

Thats a good idea to keep the water moving! But an air pump would be another component that will "Buzz" in my stand. You didn't like the idea of vodka or vinegar? Hmm or a powerhead!

You can always send some the way. Your corals look so healthy

Thanks Dr.! Once I get more frag plugs in the mail and end this coral warfare I might be able to. Shipping STINKS though... Fedex Express charges roughly $50 10:30am for the large box I like. ~20lbs

• Like 1

Thats a good idea to keep the water moving! But an air pump would be another component that will "Buzz" in my stand. You didn't like the idea of vodka or vinegar? Hmm or a powerhead!

Thanks Dr.! Once I get more frag plugs in the mail and end this coral warfare I might be able to. Shipping STINKS though... Fedex Express charges roughly $50 10:30am for the large box I like. ~20lbs

If you already carbon dose i dont see an issue with it. I suppose one more thing plugged in causing water spray could be annoying also. A lid would also work?

• Like 1

So my "in stand" ATO reservoir is full of mosquito larvae again. I guess a warm, clean never-emptying container of fresh water is a breeding ground for Floridian pests!

If I add vodka or vinegar to the top off water will it prevent the mosquitos from breeding there?

ewwww....get the water moving!

HarryPotter

If you already carbon dose i dont see an issue with it. I suppose one more thing plugged in causing water spray could be annoying also. A lid would also work?

I don't necessarily carbon dose.... More like randomly add a ml or two of vodka to the tank. Ill add some to the ATO reservoir and see if it'll kill them :)

If they didn't turn to mosquitos I wouldn't mind the free food for the corals

ewwww....get the water moving!

Is your reservoir moving?!?! Yeah yeah. Easier said than done man.... Air pump, TINY water pump? Hook up a dosing head on the Jebao to just pump in and out every 5 minutes? (Too loud!)

• Like 2

Is your reservoir moving?!?! Yeah yeah. Easier said than done man.... Air pump, TINY water pump? Hook up a dosing head on the Jebao to just pump in and out every 5 minutes? (Too loud!)

i dont have mosquitos =P. can't you just drop a tiny pump in it? like 50GPH

Tank is looking good, I enjoyed the vid.

Can't you just put a lid on the reservoir? Not sure how it's set up down there

• Like 2

I would just drop in one of those 13 dollar koralias and call it a day. Even if is just top off water, there is no issue with sealing it up. Go ghetto and put some saran wrap on it.

• Like 1
HarryPotter

i dont have mosquitos =P. can't you just drop a tiny pump in it? like 50GPH

And when it runs empty have said tiny pump overheat and melt and release all this nasty chemical stuff into my tank? Or am I paranoid?

Tank is looking good, I enjoyed the vid.

Can't you just put a lid on the reservoir? Not sure how it's set up down there

A lid... perhaps!

I would just drop in one of those 13 dollar koralias and call it a day. Even if is just top off water, there is no issue with sealing it up. Go ghetto and put some saran wrap on it.

Saran wrap!! Perfect lid and I don't need regular access to the reservoir anyway. Thanks Patback I will do that tomorrow after cleaning it :)

Don't want to put a pump in there due to risk of running dry

• Like 2

Good call on the saran wrap

• Like 2
HarryPotter

Haha. Maybe it will even save you some Rodi water, since it won't be evaporating out!

True :lol:

Very good idea. Because I have two ATO reservoirs (I haven't checked the 10g one for bugs yet..... oh crap) this smaller one in the stand doesn't need manual filling- I can leave the top on.

HarryPotter

At the local fish store there was a frag swap and someone brought many of these feathered frags

IMG_0531_zpsmxbninxn.jpg

nah that monster growth from you acros has been caused by larvae haha

Oh :lol: I thought I was missing a joke or something

HarryPotter

Fish list is complete now (I think). I added 4 wrasses, 5 chromis, and a blenny recently. I'll try to post more photos of them later when the lights are on!

4 types of wrasses- 2x pencil, coris, fairy

5 chromis

2 clownfish

1 Midas Blenny

1 Cardinalfish

• Like 1
HarryPotter

Wow, looks really great in there. Cant beat it for the price huh?

Yeah it's crazy that $33 can buy you a tablet these days. Sure it's not a $750 tablet but it can do almost identical functions (albeit slower ?). For the simple fusion web browser it's perfect.

Especially when the (very outdated and somewhat difficult) apex display is over $100

HarryPotter

I have the fire too. Can't beat it for the price.

Get one to Velcro into you stand! So much easier than the apex display and you can program stuff as well without a laptop

• HarryPotter changed the title to Reefer 350