Innovative Marine Aquariums

Reefer 350

HarryPotter

I'll bring my video to the new page since it took me over an hour to shoot and put together :lol:

I like them too. It's fun to hunt for babies with a blue flashlight at night :)

Do you spot feed the babies? I haven't done it yet

Mine never made it past a mm so though I tried, I was unsuccessful in the big tank of dino and cyano they were in. Mine just disappeared into thin air. I think it agitated them when I tried so I'm not going to feed them once I have some.

• Like 1
HarryPotter

Those photos are amazing man!

Thanks! Do you like the close ups more or the farther back photos of the tank?

It wouldn't let me like 10x. Your pictures and colors are right on Harry. Awesomeness!

Thanks flowermama :) I really like macro photography nowadays

Thanks! Do you like the close ups more or the farther back photos of the tank?

Both are awesome. I love a good FTS but the macros are amazing because you get to see the detail in a coral like its more than just a stick or a puffy circle.

Oh yeah and you did a great job on the video thanks for sharing it!

HarryPotter

Both are awesome. I love a good FTS but the macros are amazing because you get to see the detail in a coral like its more than just a stick or a puffy circle.

Oh yeah and you did a great job on the video thanks for sharing it!

Okay, a mix then :)

Thanks on the video!

HarryPotter

My custom lid from Artfully Acrylic shipped! It'll arrive Saturday! I'll be at ReefAPalloza this weekend but will post photos Monday :)

Has feeding door

• Like 3
HarryPotter

Grabbed an Apex AFS at Reefapalooza because they were giving away the large things of food with it. My fish will appreciate it for sure, being fed pellets few times a day rather than once a day. I am thinking that I will put it in my sump and feed directly into my return pump if that wont damage the impeller too much.

• Like 1

The Artfully Acrylic lid will be nice! No jumpers plus it looks pretty sweet. And the AFS will be nice when you go to school, No accidental over feeding which we all know leads to worse things.

New FTS? Havent seen one in over a week :P

Grabbed an Apex AFS at Reefapalooza because they were giving away the large things of food with it. My fish will appreciate it for sure, being fed pellets few times a day rather than once a day. I am thinking that I will put it in my sump and feed directly into my return pump if that wont damage the impeller too much.

I'm looking forward to hearing how it works! I've always thought about getting one but they are kind of expensive, like all the Apex stuff :(
HarryPotter

The Artfully Acrylic lid will be nice! No jumpers plus it looks pretty sweet. And the AFS will be nice when you go to school, No accidental over feeding which we all know leads to worse things.

New FTS? Havent seen one in over a week :P

Lid was delayed until tomorrow :(

FC9ED53F-1C72-428F-9AB0-509EF83F6684_zps

Tank is looking great, hairball!

Thanks Jack! Preventing crashes one day at a time :lol:

I'm looking forward to hearing how it works! I've always thought about getting one but they are kind of expensive, like all the Apex stuff :(

First impression...... Yikes. DOA. Sent them a message and trying to work it out; wont connect or be recognized by the system. At RAP the unit they had on display was really quiet though so if it works I would be thrilled.

• Like 3
HarryPotter

My lid is missing the feeding door, the mesh has defects. Bummer after waiting 6 weeks. Sent them an email.

The mesh defects aren't a big deal but I need the feeding lid.

Edit: they're sending another out, that's pretty great CS

HarryPotter

Lots of stuff today!

• Sand 100% blasted throughout the tank
  • Skimmer emptied, taken apart for cleaning, reassembled, reinstalled
  • Both filter socks replaced
  • New Carbon (Matrix)
  • 20 gallon (~25%) water change (RSCP)
  • 10 gallon RODI made
  • 2 Hours support call with Neptune Systems since my display and AFS weren't responding
  • I razored EVERYWHERE. The display, the sump, the glass overflow, etc. Tank looks really spanking clean besides for the cloudiness from the sand.

So after I plugged in my Apex AFS, the Apex display decided to freeze. So I contact neptune, but I can't login to the web server because my password, you guessed it, is on the Apex display. So I had to save a PDF version of all of my programming and redo the system from scratch with their help; there were a ton of "Ghost" modules that were screwing up things. Apparently sometimes when the power flickers the Apex display generates a "new" module, so mine filled up and the AFS couldn't be added.

Now everything is up and running well, the tank looks pretty darn clean- ill post photos when the water clears up a bit more (Cloudy from mixing up the sand)

• Like 2
HarryPotter

Hate apex

I really love it man. For me its a glorified timer but also takes care of power outages, feeding, temperature, etc. It has saved my lucky butt many times :)

Not saying its necessary at all. If I had a good timer for my lights (which I have) and a temperature controller (which I have) I wouldn't need it. But despite its complications it makes reefing much simpler ;)

• Like 2
HarryPotter

need mooooore fish! but really nice. your bubble tip looks good.

Screen top! Getting a wrasse for sure (maybe tomorrow) and perhaps something else. No quarantine so I am mixed about getting a tang lol

• Like 2

Screen top! Getting a wrasse for sure (maybe tomorrow) and perhaps something else. No quarantine so I am mixed about getting a tang lol

I did not QT my yellow or blue tang. Playing with fire.... what wrasse you getting????

HarryPotter

I did not QT my yellow or blue tang. Playing with fire.... what wrasse you getting????

Whatever one I see at my LFS. Something a bit large so my clownfish can't drag it into the anemone :)

• Like 1
  • HarryPotter changed the title to Reefer 350